Hey HawgGoneIt 7...

Rufus69

Hawg...well...I reckon it is what it is.

Shutdown till the 26th with Camden on the 30th...and it's Homecoming.

Fuck 2020.

Man...I would have liked to have had some snaps and practice before Region play.  I texted Bernie and he said..."Rufus, right now...you fellows are on your own.  I got bigger fish to fry."

I suppose he's right.  We gotta find a way to keep our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs...focused on the task at hand.  And that's being ready for the Bluecat invasion on the 30th.  Bullet Bob has just been waiting to unleash the fury.   I never trusted him.  NEVER.

So...do what you do.

Work the magic.

The shit gets real when Camden comes to the Hawg Pen !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Like 1

It's a wacky season for sure. I think the staff is doing the best they can with the circumstances, but, you just can't make a teen stay home from after practice until next school day. They end up out sucking face with their girlfriends or yucking it up together talking about girlfriends. I think everyone had hoped they would refrain from high risk behavior after our first bout with covid-19 on the team and they saw how it affected their season. The thing about it is, one high risk decision by one kid can disrupt the season for the entire team.

About the Camden game... I'd like to think we are or will be pretty ready by that date. Camden has been struggling so far, so maybe that first region game being against them and second against Tift who has also been struggling will be enough to have us ready for the biggest one against Lowndes. We can lose all three games and still make the playoffs, albeit a bottom seed with likely the toughest road to the championship. 

If this covid-19 thing rears its head during the playoffs, you are done, so, hopefully once again we learn something from this "break" and I also hope they're using it in as productive a manner as they can. Film study for the kids, and plenty of game planning time for the coaches. 

32 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Fuck 2020.

Man...I would have liked to have had some snaps and practice before Region play.  I texted Bernie and he said..."Rufus, right now...you fellows are on your own.  I got bigger fish to fry."

I suppose he's right.  We gotta find a way to keep our poor, tiny, little undersized and inexperienced Hawgs...focused on the task at hand.  And that's being ready for the Bluecat invasion on the 30th.  Bullet Bob has just been waiting to unleash the fury.   I never trusted him.  NEVER.

So...do what you do.

Work the magic.

Rufus>>

19 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It's a wacky season for sure. I think the staff is doing the best they can with the circumstances, but, you just can't make a teen stay home from after practice until next school day. They end up out sucking face with their girlfriends or yucking it up together talking about girlfriends. I think everyone had hoped they would refrain from high risk behavior after our first bout with covid-19 on the team and they saw how it affected their season. The thing about it is, one high risk decision by one kid can disrupt the season for the entire team.

About the Camden game... I'd like to think we are or will be pretty ready by that date. Camden has been struggling so far, so maybe that first region game being against them and second against Tift who has also been struggling will be enough to have us ready for the biggest one against Lowndes. We can lose all three games and still make the playoffs, albeit a bottom seed with likely the toughest road to the championship. 

If this covid-19 thing rears its head during the playoffs, you are done, so, hopefully once again we learn something from this "break" and I also hope they're using it in as productive a manner as they can. Film study for the kids, and plenty of game planning time for the coaches. 

Camden this year is no threat... at all... the Bluecats are down... that loss to Coffee was the turn of the screw 

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Camden this year is no threat... at all... the Bluecats are down... that loss to Coffee was the turn of the screw 

I would never look past them. At the same time, it's surprising that they appear to be worse this year than last year when a lot of us thought that Bob Sphire would get them turned around and all. 

44 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One of my worries for NG is actually that we haven't canceled because of the virus yet. I'd hate to get kicked out of playoffs because of corona. I'm willing to sacrifice regular season games over playoffs.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

One of my worries for NG is actually that we haven't canceled because of the virus yet. I'd hate to get kicked out of playoffs because of corona. I'm willing to sacrifice regular season games over playoffs.

Nobody wants to sacrifice any games at all, but, clearly regular season games are better to sacrifice than having a bout in the playoffs that puts you sat at home watching rather than playing. 

Perhaps the players up there are taking their football family more into consideration and not being involved in risky behaviors that jeopardize their entire family. That would be the hope anyway. As it was here. 

All of the efforts in the world can't stop it from seeping in though. Nobody can control whether or not they get it, they can only work to minimize the risks. 

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Nobody wants to sacrifice any games at all, but, clearly regular season games are better to sacrifice than having a bout in the playoffs that puts you sat at home watching rather than playing. 

Perhaps the players up there are taking their football family more into consideration and not being involved in risky behaviors that jeopardize their entire family. That would be the hope anyway. As it was here. 

All of the efforts in the world can't stop it from seeping in though. Nobody can control whether or not they get it, they can only work to minimize the risks. 

Nah, I'm more positive (no pun intended) that our school is just covering stuff up because I know our players aren't THAT responsible.

3 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Fuck 2020.

So...do what you do.

Work the magic.

Rufus>>

Rufus didn't you say screw the reps yesterday ?

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Whoever told that better hope it was released because Lowndes was keeping the names of players and coaches unreleased as of yesterday.

You can probably hide which kids it is from the general public for a little while longer, but, the head coach... Nah, most everyone starts asking questions almost right away and it comes out. 

The kids names will be known in the circles around the program already too. All it takes is one person to mention it outside of those circles and its gone. 

2 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Screenshot_20201016-064600.png

LOL...Hoss...I did post that...but in my defense...I was referring to the game we lost for Oct 16th.  I wasn't even closely thinking that we'd be shutdown till the 26th.  And yes...we'll be partying at the Moose Lodge tonight and tomorrow night !!!!

And the way it looks...every night until the 26th.

What a fucking season !!!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

lmao at thinking this would stay hush hush.

Sucks for everybody! 

Hope region one is able to get back to playing ball. We’ve been blessed to have avoided it, so far, but we’ve also been steadfast in adhering to the rules from the fans to the students to the coaches to the kids. 

With all of that it still takes some luck to avoid it. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, georgiagator1 said:

True, Colquitt is way beyond Lowndes.

Our pal "96" says Colquitt won't even score against that All World Viking defense.  And that scares me to no end.  Things are so bad...we having to play 9th graders.  Shoot...at this point, I just hope we can find some way to get past Camden.

Bullet Bob doesn't like us as much as you guys do...(Smile).

Rufus>>

49 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Our pal "96" says Colquitt won't even score against that All World Viking defense.  And that scares me to no end.  Things are so bad...we having to play 9th graders.  Shoot...at this point, I just hope we can find some way to get past Camden.

Bullet Bob doesn't like us as much as you guys do...(Smile).

Rufus>>

You guys have at least 1 9th grader that starts don't you ?