Difference is Alabama great qb play Georgia average.

HooverOutlaw

2 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

UGA fans on social media are blaming the referees. I only watched the first three quarters and I didn't see anything egregious. Did a lot bad happen in the 4th or are they just finding someone else to blame but themselves?

They played the NG band over the loud speakers and it gave Alabama the will to finish the game with a win.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

3 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

UGA fans on social media are blaming the referees. I only watched the first three quarters and I didn't see anything egregious. Did a lot bad happen in the 4th or are they just finding someone else to blame but themselves?

The biggest thing I noticed was how much they let Bama DBs get away with in coverage compared to UGA.

It really wouldn't matter either way. I thought we tried to force it more than we should have. I would've like to establish the run in the second half, but Monken was determined to throw the ball and the passing plays he did call lacked creativity.

The defense played well but the offense put them in some bad situations throughout the 2nd half and we eventually wore down.

Bama has some good WRs that nobody in the country will be able to cover.

• Like 3

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

The biggest thing I noticed was how much they let Bama DBs get away with in coverage compared to UGA.

It really wouldn't matter either way. I thought we tried to force it more than we should have. I would've like to establish the run in the second half, but Monken was determined to throw the ball and the passing plays he did call lacked creativity.

The defense played well but the offense put them in some bad situations throughout the 2nd half and we eventually wore down.

Bama has some good WRs that nobody in the country will be able to cover.

Pickens was getting abused.  Be sure and spend some more money in Hoover on the way back home please. 

• Haha 2

40 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Pickens was getting abused.  Be sure and spend some more money in Hoover on the way back home please. 

Yeah it's tough to get open when being pulled on all game.

It is what it is. I think we will get a chance at redemption in atlanta.

Got to get some sleep and play another 18 at Oxmoor tomorrow. Some nice golf and challenging courses here in Bham.

7 hours ago, ngdawg said:

It was the stripers fault.

They kept raising both hands over their heads in the 2nd half.

You can't make mistakes against them "phants".  They'll make you pay.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Situational football and mistakes.  Allowing the FG before half had Bama jacked going in.  Missing on the 3rd and one after stopping Bama on its first drive of the second half when the receiver caught the ball short of the marker.  Bad throws leading to picks.  Ballgame.

Like I posted...you cannot make mistakes...and a lot of them...against teams like Bama and/or Clemson.  If you do...it just ain't gonna be pretty.

Rufus>>

26 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Wonder if there will be a QB change.

bgw

My brother asked me that by text around 1:00 am this morning.

I told him...I don't think so...at least not immediately.  I do think JT will see some playing time...but unless I'm wrong...Stetson starts against Kentucky in 13 days.  Now if he doesn't play well against the Bluebellies...then...it's been real and it's been fun.  It just ain't been REAL fun.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

My brother asked me that by text around 1:00 am this morning.

I told him...I don't think so...at least not immediately.  I do think JT will see some playing time...but unless I'm wrong...Stetson starts against Kentucky in 13 days.  Now if he doesn't play well against the Bluebellies...then...it's been real and it's been fun.  It just ain't been REAL fun.

Rufus>>

How’d you figger Stetson was the man early on, I had him nowhere on the radar other than being a walkon. 

Hmmn, so a quick hook for the Bluebellies? I don’t understand Kirbs at all. 

We’re gonna find out in 13 days.... Ky is celebrating right now. And we’re not. 

bgw

20 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

How’d you figger Stetson was the man early on, I had him nowhere on the radar other than being a walkon. 

Hmmn, so a quick hook for the Bluebellies? I don’t understand Kirbs at all. 

We’re gonna find out in 13 days.... Ky is celebrating right now. And we’re not. 

bgw

I thought Stetson had a legitimate chance at being the guy.  His teammates like him, respect and trust him.   He had a bad night in Tuscaloosa.  North Morven graded him out at 80 in the 1st half.  They didn't think he played all that fabulous on the front end.  They graded him 40 in the 2nd half...and truthfully that might have been generous.

BUT...people can have bad days/nights from time to time.  The rest of the schedule will tell Stetson's story.  He HAS to play well against the Bluebellies.  Has to.  I know he has the moxie...and if we can continue to improve on our run game...he could very well be fine.  Only time will tell.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

kirby and pups are 0-5 vs bama and LSU.

bama 23-26

bama 28-35

LSU 16-36

LSU 10-37

bama 24-41

Thats being outscored 175-101 for an average score off 35-20.

Until they can overcome that and actually stop teams with equal talent they’re going to continue to be disappointed. 

Georgia has had numerous 4 and 5 star qbs leave.  

No excuses for Georgia not have a great qb with their recruiting. 

Georgia could not run the ball in the 2nd half vs a weak Bama front.

53 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Overrated. Kicking myself in the ass For not jumping the line when it dropped. 

kirby and the pups gon kirby and the pups until they show otherwise. 

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

We didnt even try to run it. We were getting 4 yards each time, but thought it a good idea to throw on 2nd and then forced to throw on 3rd.