Garcia to Grayson

GotMA

53 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Might as well take it on to USA Academy, IMG, SFA or LCA if he does that. I don't think (not sure) Grayson would allow him to reclassify because he'd be too old.

You can only play 4 years of varsity sports in GA. If you transfer from out of state those years on the varsity roster still count towards that 4 years, therefore he would be ineligible from the start.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, FootballGuy said:

How's HE ridiculous? The boy just wants to play ball. Should he have gone to IMG instead? Colquitt maybe? 

Colquitt would not have falsified his paperwork to begin with. We had a similar situation with Krajewski, but his family did it the right way and he became eligible.

The kid hasn't been at the same same high school for an entire year EVER! While his parents may be a huge part in his musical schools act, I would bet he gladly encourages and supports the charade. So yes, they are all ridiculous.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

18 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Colquitt would not have falsified his paperwork to begin with. We had a similar situation with Krajewski, but his family did it the right way and he became eligible.

The kid hasn't been at the same same high school for an entire year EVER! While his parents may be a huge part in his musical schools act, I would bet he gladly encourages and supports the charade. So yes, they are all ridiculous.

Thought he spent his entire freshman year at LBP? (where he backed up Matt Corral)

Now if it was a thing where he just wanted to transfer for the hell of it, then that's one thing...but I think we have to look at this whole transfer thing in its entirety. I do know there was some shit that went down at Narbonne that caused him to leave and then he left La Habra because Cali postponed the season. Left Valdosta due to being ruled ineligible (we can speculate all day but we'll never know the actual reason). 

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, ATLien12x said:

No that is not confirmed at all. That’s how rumors get started.

It is confirmed that he is going to Grayson high school. As far as I’m concerned the GHSA ruled this kid ineligible. Idk how or what loophole is going to work in his favor by playing at Grayson and not Valdosta. Grayson already had a QB transfer (Del Rio) turned down this year. Idk what’s going on or how this works out for Garcia. its been floated before that he’s going to Grayson HS and then of course Mikey Davis today later confirmed he’s at Grayson. That doesn’t mean he’s eligible by the GHSA. We just don’t know that yet  

The situation for del Rio and Garcia was similar *at the time of the original move*.  Everyone living in the family did not move at the same time.  del Rio became eligible at the second move because everyone in the family at that time made the same move.  I've heard rumors that Mrs Garcia had made it to Valdosta.  If they all move together to Grayson then Garcia would be eligible under current GHSA rules.  I've not confirmed that yet but I'll find out.  He would not be considered a transient student as his eligibility at Valdosta wasn't confirmed in the end.  That is how I read things, not what I've been told by anyone so take it for what it is worth.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Just had a kid on Grayson's team groupchat say Garcia has not enrolled yet and will enroll sometime this week pending other stuff. I don't know if this is all accurate though.

Wtf are YOU doing in graysons team group chat Baljeet? And how did you.......never mind. I don’t wanna know.

• Haha 2

I see you look confused sweetlarry. The story from Valdosta staff of why Garcia only played in game one was "hamstring." Then all the eligibility stuff and forfeit of the one game he played in came up. 

Hence my pondering on whether his hamstring may magically be 110% all of a sudden once GTFO Moving gets their leased furnishings into their new apartment in Loganville. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1