Jump to content

Mater Dei vs. Bergen Catholic


Recommended Posts

46 minutes ago, jserralions said:

What happened this game? How did BC lose so bad? I have seen NJ teams rise and beat Gorman in their prime, STA, Grayson, this game stands out to me. Why?

MD is an elite team. NJ will never be at that level again. Similar outcomes occurred when DBP and SPP played SJB. The BNUs are more in line with teams 3-6 from the Trinity. 

  • Like 4
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jserralions said:

What happened this game? How did BC lose so bad? I have seen NJ teams rise and beat Gorman in their prime, STA, Grayson, this game stands out to me. Why?

It’s difficult for any team to travel clear across the country.  There’s a built in disadvantage.  But, that game was over before it began.  In warmups Bergen players and coaches seemed awestruck looking over at the MD guys even without pads on.  That was a physically very large MD team and it was clear BC was a little intimidated.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

To be honest Bergen Catholic had more national accolades than Mater Dei and were known more than MD nationally at the time. don't blame them. MD never traveled outside of Southern California prior to that game for a long ass time since DLS in the early 2000's, 2007 they played a Utah team American fork that was it.

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jserralions said:

To be honest Bergen Catholic had more national accolades than Mater Dei and were known more than MD nationally at the time. don't blame them. MD never traveled outside of Southern California prior to that game for a long ass time since DLS in the early 2000's, 2007 they played a Utah team American fork that was it.

Didn’t MD have 2 “Natty’s” in 94 and 96?.... Those sound like “National Accolades” to me.... Not sure how many “Natty’s” BC has....

  • Thanks 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Didn’t MD have 2 “Natty’s” in 94 and 96?.... Those sound like “National Accolades” to me.... Not sure how many “Natty’s” BC has....

BC has 0 MNCs. But they have beaten the likes of BG, Grayson and Ed’s in OOS competition. Scheduling teams like MD and IMG can and will always heighten one’s national exposure. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BC has 0 MNCs. But they have beaten the likes of BG, Grayson and Ed’s in OOS competition. Scheduling teams like MD and IMG can and will always heighten one’s national exposure. 

I agree, but winning 2 USAT MNC’s is More “National Accolades” then winning a couple of OOS games no matter who they were played against...

Just Ask TX....🤣🤣

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Las Vegas_JC said:

 

999B2043-77E2-4619-92ED-41B812E4B99D.jpeg

2016 Bishop gorman team = karma??

Kenny Sanchez fired twice

Tony Sanchez fired

Tate Martell never seeing a down biggest bust

Haskell Garret shot in the face

Malik Hausman hit by drunk driver

Armand Perry forced to retire forever

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, jserralions said:

2016 Bishop gorman team = karma??

Kenny Sanchez fired twice

Tony Sanchez fired

Tate Martell never seeing a down biggest bust

Haskell Garret shot in the face

Malik Hausman hit by drunk driver

Armand Perry forced to retire forever

 

Stay classy!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.



×
×
  • Create New...