Mater Dei vs. Bergen Catholic

jserralions

4 hours ago, jserralions said:

What happened this game? How did BC lose so bad? I have seen NJ teams rise and beat Gorman in their prime, STA, Grayson, this game stands out to me. Why?

It’s difficult for any team to travel clear across the country.  There’s a built in disadvantage.  But, that game was over before it began.  In warmups Bergen players and coaches seemed awestruck looking over at the MD guys even without pads on.  That was a physically very large MD team and it was clear BC was a little intimidated.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

To be honest Bergen Catholic had more national accolades than Mater Dei and were known more than MD nationally at the time. don't blame them. MD never traveled outside of Southern California prior to that game for a long ass time since DLS in the early 2000's, 2007 they played a Utah team American fork that was it.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, jserralions said:

To be honest Bergen Catholic had more national accolades than Mater Dei and were known more than MD nationally at the time. don't blame them. MD never traveled outside of Southern California prior to that game for a long ass time since DLS in the early 2000's, 2007 they played a Utah team American fork that was it.

Didn’t MD have 2 “Natty’s” in 94 and 96?.... Those sound like “National Accolades” to me.... Not sure how many “Natty’s” BC has....

• Thanks 3

3 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

BC has 0 MNCs. But they have beaten the likes of BG, Grayson and Ed’s in OOS competition. Scheduling teams like MD and IMG can and will always heighten one’s national exposure. 

I agree, but winning 2 USAT MNC’s is More “National Accolades” then winning a couple of OOS games no matter who they were played against...

Just Ask TX....🤣🤣

• Haha 1