Could you transfer between semi finals and finals in Georgia.

HooverOutlaw

27 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In theory you could transfer weekly in Georgia.  I bet other state associations have laughed their asses off at the GHSA all day long.

This is the bullshit I do not like. It's a slippery slope. It allows a kid to transfer to one team, and if the team isn't playing well, he can pack and move to a team needing to filll a hole in the roster.

There needs to be clarification in the by laws that explicitly states a kid must remain at the school for at least one semester or a full school year before being eligible to play if a second transfer is made despite a bonafide move being made. 

To carry it further, an athlete shall only be granted immediately eligibility only once in his or her high school career. A waiver may be granted, but the hardship must be serious in nature and only allowed once as well. 

The mess we are seeing from Del Rio, Garcia, etc has no business in high school sports. This is not travel ball and degrades the game and experience for the majority kids playing sports. It also sends a message that sports are more important than education.

Proponents of this behavior are entitled to their opinions, but what we are seeing from Garcia and others is ridiculous.

I'm not against transfers all together. I understand there are circumstances when it is necessary and times when it is acceptable. However, when a kid switches schools 4, 5, or more times in less than 4 years of high school is crossing the line. I fail to see how this benefits the athletes development in any way.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, Bodysurf said:

Pardon my lack of understanding of the GHSA rules..... but I really don't understand this..... whatever ruling or reason that Garcia was deemed to be ineligible at Valdosta, why wouldn't that same ruling apply to his playing at Grayson? Does the same rule not apply to both schools? 

I was thinking that, I’m like Wtf changed its still the GHSA , they cancelled jake at Valdosta why would it change so he’s eligible for Grayson 

knowing the parents they Probably found another Loop Hole , like if the Dad Fake marries someone that already lives in Loganville Jake gets Hrandfathered in and is immediately eligible 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I was thinking that, I’m like Wtf changed its still the GHSA , they cancelled jake at Valdosta why would it change so he’s eligible for Grayson 

knowing the parents they Probably found another Loop Hole , like if the Dad Fake marries someone that already lives in Loganville Jake gets Hrandfathered in and is immediately eligible 

Only the GHSA. What do you expect since they don't even know where Bb goals for the state title games belong. 

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Can jake Garcia win a state championship with Grayson and then transfer back to Cali to win another state championship in same year

I saw something similiar a few years back w/ a catcher in baseball.  Junior year he went to and played baseball for Easton PA.  Start of senior season he transferred to Nazareth to play football and made a deep run into PIAA playoffs.  After the season he transferred back to Easton and won a region title in baseball.  Reason he went to Easton to play baseball is b/c they had two D1 pitchers, he was an allstate catcher.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bodysurf said:

Pardon my lack of understanding of the GHSA rules..... but I really don't understand this..... whatever ruling or reason that Garcia was deemed to be ineligible at Valdosta, why wouldn't that same ruling apply to his playing at Grayson? Does the same rule not apply to both schools? 

If I am understanding it correctly, Garcia was not eligible in Valdosta because the parents lied about separating and mom did not move. Both parents have moved into the Grayson district which makes this a bonafide move in the GHSA's eyes. If both parents had moved to Valdosta before the fiasco, he would have been eligible there.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3

34 minutes ago, Iletteredintrack said:

If I am understanding it correctly, Garcia was not eligible in Valdosta because the parents lied about separating and mom did not move. Both parents have moved into the Grayson district which makes this a bonafide move in the GHSA's eyes. If both parents had moved to Valdosta before the fiasco, he would have been eligible there.

Right for the most part. The parents "divorced" so that he could gain immediate eligibility and Jake went with the the dad (who was considered his legal guardian) to Valdosta. They thought it would be considered a bona fide move since he moved with his "immediate" family/legal guardian. Since the mom had to stay behind in cali for 2.5 weeks and the espn interview, that came back to haunt Jake. According to GHSA, it wasn't considered a bona fide move. 

3 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

In theory you could transfer weekly in Georgia.  I bet other state associations have laughed their asses off at the GHSA all day long.

Nope.  You have it wrong again which is not really surprising.  On a move, once they have established eligibility for the year, if they move again that year they become a migrant student and have to sit out a year.  That's what happened with Kurt Taylor.  The entire family moved to Grayson in a bona fide move and Kurt established eligibility at Grayson for the 2016-2017 school year.  When dad bailed back to Covington and took Kurt with him, AT THAT POINT, Kurt became a migrant student and had to sit out spring sports.  He wanted to run track but wasn't eligible. This year del Rio and Garcia can move and be legit because they never established athletic eligibility at their school.  Once the factors that kept them from being eligible were cleared and they made/make a bona fide move, they are eligible.

You may not like it but that doesn't matter.  The result is one legitimate move per academic year without some mitigating circumstance that gets approved on a per occurrence basis.  I've never heard of anyone making multiple moves in the same academic year.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened.  I'm saying I've not heard of it.

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fred said:

Funny thing about that.  Last time I looked, the size of the court was variable.  Go figure.

The goal placement is the same no matter the length.  If the GHSA is not using a 94 ft court for state titles games is just another black eye.  I said the goals not the length. 

The GHSA even knew the goals were wrong and refused to move them. Lazy idiots.

Have they ever made a mistake in your opinion?

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

Nope.  You have it wrong again which is not really surprising.  On a move, once they have established eligibility for the year, if they move again that year they become a migrant student and have to sit out a year.  That's what happened with Kurt Taylor.  The entire family moved to Grayson in a bona fide move and Kurt established eligibility at Grayson for the 2016-2017 school year.  When dad bailed back to Covington and took Kurt with him, AT THAT POINT, Kurt became a migrant student and had to sit out spring sports.  He wanted to run track but wasn't eligible. This year del Rio and Garcia can move and be legit because they never established athletic eligibility at their school.  Once the factors that kept them from being eligible were cleared and they made/make a bona fide move, they are eligible.

You may not like it but that doesn't matter.  The result is one legitimate move per academic year without some mitigating circumstance that gets approved on a per occurrence basis.  I've never heard of anyone making multiple moves in the same academic year.  I'm not saying it hasn't happened.  I'm saying I've not heard of it.

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

Not wrong just asking and saying in theory. I bet many players in Georgia have done it. Ever wonder why on this national board 90% of the public school questionable transfers involve Georgia and no other state.  

You are the only person on any board that defends the GHSA.  Proof the AHSAA is better our director is becoming the director for the entire country not any of the GHSA idiots. 

Go read ivaldosta and see how well liked the GHSA is or the Georgia main board. 

1 minute ago, HooverOutlaw said:

The goal placement is the same no matter the length.  If the GHSA is not using a 94 ft court for state titles games is just another black eye.  I said the goals not the length. 

The GHSA even knew the goals were wrong and refused to move them. Lazy idiots.

Have they ever made a mistake in your opinion?

Your idea of the proper size is both immaterial and wrong.  High school is 84 feet, not 94.  It would be horribly wrong to change the size of the court for championship games from what they play on every week.  Maybe you don't know what you think you know. 😮

https://www.courtdimensions.net/basketball-court/

Sure, I think there are times when they've been wrong.  But on the whole, they are much more competent than you make them out to be.  The beauty of it is what you thing has absolutely no impact.  You have zero standing.  You don't live in Georgia.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Your idea of the proper size is both immaterial and wrong.  High school is 84 feet, not 94.  It would be horribly wrong to change the size of the court for championship games from what they play on every week.  Maybe you don't know what you think you know. 😮

Sure, I think there are times when they've been wrong.  But on the whole, they are much more competent than you make them out to be.  The beauty of it is what you thing has absolutely no impact.  You have zero standing.  You don't live in Georgia.

Not the length goal placement clueless. All these finals and regionals played at colleges are 94 ft.  When you play in high school there are different lengths. It is common. 

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

I like Georgia would not mind living on the coast full of great people just an awful high school Association. 

28 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Not wrong just asking and saying in theory. I bet many players in Georgia have done it. Ever wonder why on this national board 90% of the public school questionable transfers involve Georgia and no other state.  

You are the only person on any board that defends the GHSA.  Proof the AHSAA is better our director is becoming the director for the entire country not any of the GHSA idiots. 

Go read ivaldosta and see how well liked the GHSA is or the Georgia main board. 

You can say anything without proof to back it up ... and often do.  A good reason there are so many questions about Georgia transfers appears to be because you've made it your life mission to scream about any and every transfer you hear about.  Guess what?  No one care about transfers in Alabama except you.  The rest of us just don't care.

I've been active on the GAVSV for 10 years or so.  I know exactly what goes on.  If you think the south Ga people are any more unbiased than the north Ga people you are deluding yourself. 

4 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

I know one states organization that’s been happy for over a dozen years they don’t have a certain bigamist they gotta worry about fixing grades, crootin’, banging teachers and so forth.

But he did get a few kids who had trouble spelling their names eligible for hsfb and a few for CFB, so it’s all good. After all, he is all about the kids. ‘Cept those from his own dna.......

(wink) 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Fred said:

I. Don't. Care.  I don't obsess over things I cannot change.  I try to learn from those in areas that interest me and I move on.

Don't have answer if the issues.

To be honest take out girls or example they probably play 30-40 % of their games on college courts.  Because of regionals and finals and tournaments at colleges.