Congrats to Jake Garcia, Fred and the entire Grayson program and fans.

HooverOutlaw

Garcia will transfer to North Gwinnett in a few weeks. NGdawg has gotten him the qb job and a position in the band.  

During the state title game Garcia plays for NG in the first half and back to Grayson for the 2nd half.  Game goes into 4 overtimes NG kicker is hurt. NGdawg puts his tuba down and kicks game winning fg. GPB video shows after game of NGdawg while getting the MVP trophy is attacked by a man in a Santa Claus suit.   Garcia family turns down USC stays in Georgia and attempts to play a 5th year in high school in Georgia. The GHSA approves this as long as he plays in metro Atlanta and no more than 10 schools.  Garcia starts spring practice at Marietta.  Larry is wanting him to go LSU and tells Jake LSU is just like USC but with swamps and people that talk funny. 

• Haha 4

4 hours ago, Fred said:

I said "did" as in past tense.  Jake hasn't left yet.  Playing the entire season shouldn't be a criteria for dissing us/him as if things had gone his way, Jake would have played the entire season at Valdosta.

Clearly, but he already told us the plan, so, it will be two. He's already enrolled, on the team, eligible and will be leaving for early enrollment. 

Whether you like my opinion or not, Grayson is a landing pad for this exact type of activity. I stand by my original golf clap opinion 👏 😎

Roll in, play ball, roll out. That's Grayson's reputation. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1

51 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Clearly, but he already told us the plan, so, it will be two. He's already enrolled, on the team, eligible and will be leaving for early enrollment. 

Whether you like my opinion or not, Grayson is a landing pad for this exact type of activity. I stand by my original golf clap opinion 👏 😎

Not that there's anything wrong with that.....

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Garcia will transfer to North Gwinnett in a few weeks. NGdawg has gotten him the qb job and a position in the band.  

During the state title game Garcia plays for NG in the first half and back to Grayson for the 2nd half.  Game goes into 4 overtimes NG kicker is hurt. NGdawg puts his tuba down and kicks game winning fg. GPB video shows after game NGdawg while getting the MVP trophy is attacked by a man in a Santa Claus suit.   Garcia family turns down USC stays in Georgia and attempts to play a 5th year in high school in Georgia. The GHSA approves this as long as he plays in metro Atlanta and no more than 10 schools.  Garcia starts spring practice at Marietta.  Larry is wanting him to go LSU and tells Jake LSU is just like USC but with swamps and people that talk funny. 

And then I woke up...and started getting ready for another boring day of school.

• Haha 1

21 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

And then they leave right after football season. 

Way to create good upstanding members of the community. 👏

6 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

It was the comment about creating good upstanding members of the community that made me blink.  You act as though we have control over who shows up and who doesn't.  While my original comment was very much tongue in check in humor, there is some truth to that.  We definitely did no recruit Mr. Garcia.  They picked us based on a feeling they could have a chance to do well and pick up quality reps against strong opponents.  They must have not felt that way about the rest of the south Ga programs or they would have stayed there.

As much as you at times say you get our environment, comments like that suggest to me maybe you don't.  There are 600 new houses being built within a 1 mile radius of Grayson High School right now.  I bet there haven't been 600 new houses built in Colquitt County as a whole over the past several years.  People come and go.  They have their reasons that we don't control.  Of all communities I would think Moultrie/Colquitt would understand.  No matter how hard you try, you can't control them.  As I said, we've not had anyone arrested for murder/attempted murder and yet the Packers have had two.  Should the team have the reputation of churning out murderers?  Absolutely not!  The Packers have no control over what the team members do away from the team.  Likewise we have no control of what people do away from the team.  Other than Kurt, everyone else (to the best of my knowledge) that came to Grayson to play football graduated from Grayson if they were seniors.  Some graduated after fall semester and left for their committed college/university.  I'm sorry, I don't see that as a bad thing.  That shows a commitment that is exactly what a good community member is in my book.  Motivated and hard working both academically in order to graduate early and athletically to take their skill set to the next level.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, Fred said:

It was the comment about creating good upstanding members of the community that made me blink.  You act as though we have control over who shows up and who doesn't.  While my original comment was very much tongue in check in humor, there is some truth to that.  We definitely did no recruit Mr. Garcia.  They picked us based on a feeling they could have a chance to do well and pick up quality reps against strong opponents.  They must have not felt that way about the rest of the south Ga programs or they would have stayed there.

As much as you at times say you get our environment, comments like that suggest to me maybe you don't.  There are 600 new houses being built within a 1 mile radius of Grayson High School right now.  I bet there haven't been 600 new houses built in Colquitt County as a whole over the past several years.  People come and go.  They have their reasons that we don't control.  Of all communities I would think Moultrie/Colquitt would understand.  No matter how hard you try, you can't control them.  As I said, we've not had anyone arrested for murder/attempted murder and yet the Packers have had two.  Should the team have the reputation of churning out murderers?  Absolutely not!  The Packers have no control over what the team members do away from the team.  Likewise we have no control of what people do away from the team.  Other than Kurt, everyone else (to the best of my knowledge) that came to Grayson to play football graduated from Grayson if they were seniors.  Some graduated after fall semester and left for their committed college/university.  I'm sorry, I don't see that as a bad thing.  That shows a commitment that is exactly what a good community member is in my book.  Motivated and hard working both academically in order to graduate early and athletically to take their skill set to the next level.

I guess we will have to agree to disagree here.

They chose there because they knew it's a welcome action there. It's happened there before with no repercussions so the welcome mat is rolled out.. Nobody blinks, and each time these types of actions are welcomed by the program it shines for others to commit the same type of activity. 

I understood that you would take the "What can we do?" road about this, just like the coaches and admin there do, which is why Grayson in particular is the spot these kids roll into and roll right out of. I know that the majority of your kids will ride the pine for the entirety while these high profiles cruise in and out, but, that doesn't make it all good in my opinion. 

It's all legal right? So who cares right? 

Nah, my opinion is that it's bullshit Fred. And, yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

27 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They chose there because they knew it's a welcome action there. It's happened there before with no repercussions so the welcome mat is rolled out.. Nobody blinks, and each time these types of actions are welcomed by the program it shines for others to commit the same type of activity. 

I understood that you would take the "What can we do?" road about this, just like the coaches and admin there do, which is why Grayson in particular is the spot these kids roll into and roll right out of. I know that the majority of your kids will ride the pine for the entirety while these high profiles cruise in and out, but, that doesn't make it all good in my opinion. 

Nah, my opinion is that it's bullshit Fred. And, yes, we'll have to agree to disagree. 

You might be surprised who plays how much and who doesn't.  Coach Carter says anyone that comes on the team has to earn their spot. 

Multiple times you've spoken to the willingness to let something slide at Grayson yet you ignore it when it applies to your team.  Who had to sit so Chase could play those years the Packers won state?  At least our players live in our county something Chase *never* did and yet everyone was all holier than thou because he started going to Colquitt Schools in the 8th grade like that made it okay.  It was all legal, right?  So who cares right?  How about all the things your former coach did?  It was okay because he won football games, right?  Who cared what he did, right?  Pot, meet kettle.  Neither of our teams and I'd venture to say no team is 100% pure.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

You might be surprised who plays how much and who doesn't.  Coach Carter says anyone that comes on the team has to earn their spot. 

Multiple times you've spoken to the willingness to let something slide at Grayson yet you ignore it when it applies to your team.  Who had to sit so Chase could play those years the Packers won state?  At least our players live in our county something Chase *never* did and yet everyone was all holier than thou because he started going to Colquitt Schools in the 8th grade like that made it okay.  It was all legal, right?  So who cares right?  How about all the things your former coach did?  It was okay because he won football games, right?  Who cared what he did, right?  Pot, meet kettle.  Neither of our teams and I'd venture to say no team is 100% pure.

I guess 4 days of practice is enough time to win the starting job huh?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Fred said:

What has been going on at Grayson and what happened with Chase are so far from the same thing... We are talking about a kid rolling in playing one season of football, and then this year a kid rolling in and playing a few games of football and rolling out. The latter no way, no how invested in the community at large at all. AT ALL. At least the Taylor's were somewhat invested in the area. Still pulled some bull as we've been over. 

Chase played his entire career at Colquitt County. We had a couple of kids come in from Alabama due to age restrictions and the later date allowable in Georgia. I didn't particularly care for that, but, wasn't active on any of these boards at the time. There was a bit of stuff that Rush did I didn't like, but, we aren't talking about Rush today, he's Valdosta's problem now. 

We're talking about Grayson and how they have a culture of these high profile kids rolling in to play football for a season, or even a piece of a season now (seems we're graduating to accepting more and more) and then they roll right out. Even play their senior football season and then graduate at a whole different school as we've seen. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What has been going on at Grayson and what happened with Chase are so far from the same thing... We are talking about a kid rolling in playing one season of football, and then this year a kid rolling in and playing a few games of football and rolling out. The latter no way, no how invested in the community at large at all. AT ALL. At least the Taylor's were somewhat invested in the area. Still pulled some bull as we've been over. 

Chase played his entire career at Colquitt County. We had a couple of kids come in from Alabama due to age restrictions and the later date allowable in Georgia. I didn't particularly care for that, but, wasn't active on any of these boards at the time. There was a bit of stuff that Rush did I didn't like, but, we aren't talking about Rush today, he's Valdosta's problem now. 

We're talking about Grayson and how they have a culture of these high profile kids rolling in to play football for a season, or even a piece of a season now (seems we're graduating to accepting more and more) and then they roll right out. Even play their senior football season and then graduate at a whole different school as we've seen. 

Agreed this is well documented. Fact is this has been the trend of Metro for years with DH getting the ball rolling after getting smacked along with other schools. Case in point was Brookwood in the SC game at the Palace. Roll in with a 2K rusher that got maybe 40 yards that night. So Fred get over it your team had a very good HS coach leave due to the stench of your teams methods. 

12 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Come on dude.......cc has had transfers come in as well. As many as grayson? No, but Grayson is in a metropolis so it makes it a bit different purely from a numbers standpoint. 

• Thanks 1

55 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Come on dude.......cc has had transfers come in as well. As many as grayson? No, but Grayson is in a metropolis so it makes it a bit different purely from a numbers standpoint. 

This isn't about "transfers" "dude". Every school system has kids come and go. Not every school system has them come for football and leave right after. 

It's about single season players of the high profile type. The types that play football season and go graduate at the original school or come in with four games left in the season saying that they're leaving for college early. That type shit. You "dudes" always miss the point. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1