Congrats to Jake Garcia, Fred and the entire Grayson program and fans.

HooverOutlaw

1 hour ago, RedZone said:

A lot of point missing going on here.

https://www.prepgridiron.com/

These kids are going to 4 or 5 different high schools solely for athletic reasons. That's why the criticism. 

Read a 247 story on Garcia that suggests after noting he's on his fifth high school, that the criticism is unfair because one coach left for college, the next stop had it's staff suspended and playoff opportunities removed, COVID-19  affected the next stop, lying on eligibility forms got him at the next stop, now, he's finally "home" and steadfastly committed to USC. xD

High School isn't about sports. Sports are an extracurricular to the education you are getting. Sports are supposed to be helping to teach kids about being part of something that is bigger than them. 

Instead we have clown shows where it's all about Garcia. It's all about the high profile athletic transfer. A media that claims it's totally unfair to criticize a kid for transferring to 5 fucking schools... Each one flatly athletically motivated because for that person it isn't about being a part of something bigger than them, it's about them, period. 

Fuck that. The criticism is totally warranted. 

2 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

These kids are going to 4 or 5 different high schools solely for athletic reasons. That's why the criticism. 

Read a 247 story on Garcia that suggests after noting he's on his fifth high school, that the criticism is unfair because one coach left for college, the next stop had it's staff suspended and playoff opportunities removed, COVID-19  affected the next stop, lying on eligibility forms got him at the next stop, now, he's finally "home" and steadfastly committed to USC. xD

High School isn't about sports. Sports are an extracurricular to the education you are getting. Sports are supposed to be helping to teach kids about being part of something that is bigger than them. 

Instead we have clown shows where it's all about Garcia. It's all about the high profile athletic transfer. A media that claims it's totally unfair to criticize a kid for transferring to 5 fucking schools... Each one flatly athletically motivated because for that person it isn't about being a part of something bigger than them, it's about them, period. 

Fuck that. The criticism is totally warranted. 

Jake is gonna be on Phil Jones's Extra Point tomorrow.  He's gonna EXPLAIN everything.

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

Jake is gonna be on Phil Jones's Extra Point tomorrow.  He's gonna EXPLAIN everything.

Rufus>>

I just explained it. Jake cares about Jake and Jake only. The media could care less that this is high school and football is extra curricular and transferring solely for athletic reasons is garbage. It's totally unfair to criticize him for these moves.

He can go on there and say whatever he wants, at the end of the day, his actions already did all the talking. 5th high school, and every single move athletically motivated. The last move due to lying on eligibility forms. 

I just explained it. Jake cares about Jake and Jake only. The media could care less that this is high school and football is extra curricular and transferring solely for athletic reasons is garbage. It's totally unfair to criticize him for these moves.

He can go on there and say whatever he wants, at the end of the day, his actions already did all the talking. 5th high school, and every single move athletically motivated. The last move due to lying on eligibility forms. 

All that is true...but when Jake talks...Valdosta will listen !!!!

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

My man.... chillax. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This isn't about "transfers" "dude". Every school system has kids come and go. Not every school system has them come for football and leave right after. 

It's about single season players of the high profile type. The types that play football season and go graduate at the original school or come in with four games left in the season saying that they're leaving for college early. That type shit. You "dudes" always miss the point. 

Tell me how many kids have done that a at grayson, or any school for that matter? 

How many kids played football and left midyear after football ended? You must have some names. Let’s hear them. 

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think it’s Jake’s parents more than the kid, but who are they supposed to care about? He is their Son. 

• Thanks 1

17 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I think it’s Jake’s parents more than the kid, but who are they supposed to care about? He is their Son. 

5 high schools. Every transfer athletically motivated. 

One could argue bad or misguided parenting if that's what you're trying to do. He's clearly missing out on some of the biggest life lessons that high school sports have to teach. Things like I previously mentioned. Being a part of something bigger than yourself. Persevering through unforseen circumstances. Etc. Etc. 

Instead we get entitled ppl out the other end. Then we get the same folks arguing for this type of activity bemoaning an entitled society without realizing their arguments helped create the very thing they hate. It's insanity. 

32 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Tell me how many kids have done that a at grayson, or any school for that matter? 

How many kids played football and left midyear after football ended? You must have some names. Let’s hear them. 

Already gave that answer in this thread. Another point you are missing I see. As this type of activity is happening with no repercussions, it's basically a welcome mat/invitation for more and more. It has graduated from playing one football season and going back to the previous school to graduate, to, playing a few games and checking out early. 

Maybe you do better arguing with Rab? Yall seem same intellectual/ comprehension type level. 

• Haha 3

Already gave that answer in this thread. Another point you are missing I see. As this type of activity is happening with no repercussions, it's basically a welcome mat/invitation for more and more. It has graduated from playing one football season and going back to the previous school to graduate, to, playing a few games and checking out early. 

Maybe you do better arguing with Rab? Yall seem same intellectual/ comprehension type level. 

Not arguing, just don’t care as much as you and find it hypocritical that your school has brought in football transfers their seniors year as well.

Course that was different. It’s always different when it’s us/them, isn’t it?

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

9 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

5 high schools. Every transfer athletically motivated. 

One could argue bad or misguided parenting if that's what you're trying to do. He's clearly missing out on some of the biggest life lessons that high school sports have to teach. Things like I previously mentioned. Being a part of something bigger than yourself. Persevering through unforseen circumstances. Etc. Etc. 

Instead we get entitled ppl out the other end. Then we get the same folks arguing for this type of activity bemoaning an entitled society without realizing their arguments helped create the very thing they hate. It's insanity. 

Not my kid. They do as they see fit with their Son. While I wouldn’t take their path, it’s not my choice to make. 

Whether it’s right or wrong in this instance remains to be seen. 

39 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

Remember when Coach Carter told GSB he wouldn't play all star teams that have transfers from all over. And now his Rams have two four star QBs transferred in, a kid from Texas, and several kids from New York 🤣 funny how it all works.  

There's also a good chance GSB turned into Pinocchio.

• Haha 3

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

There's also a good chance GSB turned into Pinocchio.

I’ve seen the emails. Coach Carter emphatically said he will be selective in OOS scheduling as he doesn’t want to play All-Star teams with transfers from all over. It was the softest shit I’ve ever seen from a head coach. And it’s ironic and comical considering the program he runs

• Like 4
  • Haha 2

18 minutes ago, ATLien12x said:

I’ve seen the emails. Coach Carter emphatically said he will be selective in OOS scheduling as he doesn’t want to play All-Star teams with transfers from all over. It was the softest shit I’ve ever seen from a head coach. And it’s ironic and comical considering the program he runs

Well...I speak Graysonese...and I can tell you...when translated it means...."I am not gonna play OOS all-star teams unless I can put together an all-star team of my own".

Coach Carter ain't no fool.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not arguing, just don’t care as much as you and find it hypocritical that your school has brought in football transfers their seniors year as well.

Course that was different. It’s always different when it’s us/them, isn’t it?

I am very opinionated on this type activity. I think it is bad for the sport, and bad experience for the kids. The only kids that actually learn valuable lessons from these entitled transfers are the ones that have to go to practice daily, put in all the hard work and will never see the field because of the entitled ones constantly transferring in and taking their spots. 

It's part of the reason why there is declining asses in the stands week in and out pre-pandemic and declining participation. 

Again, I understand kids occasionally transfer. I understand parents get new jobs in new areas or lose homes and have to start over etc. I understand families have divorces and split up. These are the reasons the transfer rules we have are in place. They aren't in place for an entitled kid that has moved to his fifth school in four years for athletic reasons. So there is a conundrum because to stop the entitled ones, you have to make the others suffer. 

If you can't see the difference between a normal senior transfer and a kid rolling in to play football and rolling out to graduate at a different school or a kid on his fifth school in four years and the last transfer due to lying on eligibility forms, we can't even begin to have a decent conversation. You are already guilty of jumping in without paying attention as it is. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I am very opinionated on this type activity. I think it is bad for the sport, and bad experience for the kids. The only kids that actually learn valuable lessons from these entitled transfers are the ones that have to go to practice daily, put in all the hard work and will never see the field because of the entitled ones constantly transferring in and taking their spots. 

It's part of the reason why there is declining asses in the stands week in and out pre-pandemic and declining participation. 

Again, I understand kids occasionally transfer. I understand parents get new jobs in new areas or lose homes and have to start over etc. I understand families have divorces and split up. These are the reasons the transfer rules we have are in place. They aren't in place for an entitled kid that has moved to his fifth school in four years for athletic reasons. So there is a conundrum because to stop the entitled ones, you have to make the others suffer. 

If you can't see the difference between a normal senior transfer and a kid rolling in to play football and rolling out to graduate at a different school or a kid on his fifth school in four years and the last transfer due to lying on eligibility forms, we can't even begin to have a decent conversation. You are already guilty of jumping in without paying attention as it is. 

Is it a surprise after all the BS with Garcia he ends up at Grayson. Funny kid moves from California to Valdosta and ends up at Grayson. 

3 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

We are still talking about a kid right?

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I’m not guilty of anything besides not giving a fuck what the Garcia’s decide for their Son.

So when cc has/had transfers come in you spoke out against it with this same vitriol? I ask because I don’t know.