Congrats to Jake Garcia, Fred and the entire Grayson program and fans.

HooverOutlaw

29 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Let the Baller play, there's a Pandemic on.... shit happens.

Unwind those tampons in those heated up vaginas.

I see Hawg's point clearly, but I see a kid that wants to ball out.

Grayson is it. 

bgw

Folks wouldn’t have been whining if jake took his traveling g show to their school. 

• Thanks 2

32 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Grayson is it. 

bgw

Right! Considering the year we're having, I really feel like the student athletes should be able to freely play wherever without any repercussions......just this year tho. 

• Thanks 2

39 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Grayson is it. 

bgw

He's going to ball. Apparently they finally followed all the rules necessary, so far, and he's eligible now. 

Doesn't change my opinion of the athletic transfers... five of them in four years, nor does it change my opinion on why Grayson seems to be the landing pad for these type deals. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Right! Considering the year we're having, I really feel like the student athletes should be able to freely play wherever without any repercussions......just this year tho. 

There's always a next. Always. If it slides this year, then next year there will be some more taken. And then again the next and the next. 

48 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Grayson is it. 

bgw

Tbh, I've paid more attention to how Hendricks Motorsports went from having rumors they were potentially trying to land Bubba Wallace before he went to MJ and DH's new team to now signing the guy that dropped the N bomb on live stream. That's quite a different direction. xD

On 10/26/2020 at 8:03 PM, GardenStateBaller said:

....and MD, OH, TX, LA and every other really good hsfb state. 

Exactly.  NV (BG), CA (SJB) and FL (IMG) may have started it, but yes, if a school wants to compete with the best, it has to follow suit.  And, as one who enjoys watching that superior level of play, I am perfectly fine with it.  Haters be damned.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I wondered that, but Hawg is pretty resolute so....

bgw

Yeah. I still would not like 5 transfers in 4 years. 

The fact that the other fella thinks that way is pretty telling on why he takes the stance he has though. Attitudes like that are the reason some folks play loose with the rules. An AD or a coach with that same attitude and there are no rules. Makes one wonder if they have that attitude at Grayson and Marietta. Judging by the actions of those schools over the past few years, I'd say the answer is yes. 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Yeah. I still would not like 5 transfers in 4 years. 

The fact that the other fella thinks that way is pretty telling on why he takes the stance he has though. Attitudes like that are the reason some folks play loose with the rules. An AD or a coach with that same attitude and there are no rules. Makes one wonder if they have that attitude at Grayson and Marietta. Judging by the actions of those schools over the past few years, I'd say the answer is yes. 

Gonna be interesting to see what Garcia says on the Phil Jones show today.  

Rufus>>

45 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

That is all well and good unless it is your Son getting benched for the transient player.. Kind of sucks ass for a kid who has busted his tail for the program waiting for his shot to shine. This kind of bullshit has no place in High School football.  High School football is not a business and loyalty should matter.. Save that shit for college and pro's JMHO.. And no my Son was never displaced by a transfer if anything it was the other way around but he was a Soph transferring in and graduated there but I still felt a little bad for the kids who's spot he took.. This Sr transfer shit is crossing the line ( unless it is a legitimate thing where a family moves into town for like a job or something not sports related).. that's just me I guess.

Ballers welcome other Ballers, those ballers have offers and find a way on the field; because they want to win... the position argument is out the window. If the coach allows it, then it is what it is. 

Now if Garcia ain’t up to snuff, then the incumbent should get the nod even if the incumbent is lacking but not significantly. Ballers adjust, and yes there are situations where a parent may go wtf. But up your game and embrace the suck.

bgw

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

That is all well and good unless it is your Son getting benched for the transient player.. Kind of sucks ass for a kid who has busted his tail for the program waiting for his shot to shine. This kind of bullshit has no place in High School football.  High School football is not a business and loyalty should matter.. Save that shit for college and pro's JMHO.. And no my Son was never displaced by a transfer if anything it was the other way around but he was a Soph transferring in and graduated there but I still felt a little bad for the kids who's spot he took.. This Sr transfer shit is crossing the line ( unless it is a legitimate thing where a family moves into town for like a job or something not sports related).. that's just me I guess.

So if he's not better than the transfer he still should get the nod because he put in the time? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

49 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah well some kids play for the love of the game, for pride in their school and community. not every player is interested in being a "baller chasing offers". There are more things, many more things about participating in high school sports that are far more important than winning or being a "baller'... Like you said program reflects Coach and what they are about.. If Coach is a win at all cost coach then I guess it's what you have and what you teach the kids... sad if you ask me

Coach Justin Rogers the other day had a kid come and tap him on the shoulder and pull him away. Upon returning about 20 minutes later, he proclaimed he had just talked a mom off the ledge. 

I was like, what happened coach? 

It turns out this mom was bout to pull her kid from football about his grades and the coach talked her out of it. 

Naturally, I asked was it a starter, and the coach said the kid will probably never play a meaningful down for the team, but, he felt like that kid needed to be a part of the team. A part of something bigger than himself. That was going to turn out a better human being into our community. 

The easy thing would have been to just say OK, one less kid to equip, take time with, worry about and etc., but the coach pulled away from what he was doing. Dropped everything to go talk that mom into letting the kid remain with the team. 

That's what type of stuff high school football is supposed to be about. None of this sissy bullshit where it's normalized to transfer because you don't like the coach or another kid beat you for the job or any other athletic reasons outside of safety. The center doesn't snap the way I like so I'm taking my talent to Grayson! xD

I gained an extra layer of respect for the coach in that moment. 

Some coaches fight for the baller and not that kid that would never play a meaningful down. 

At the same time, I do know coaches jobs are generally on the line umtimately based off of wins and losses, so, there does have to be a balancing act on their part, and, when a kid comes in and files the eligibility forms and becomes eligible, there isn't much you can do about that. However, the coach does have a choice in whether he welcomes that activity by way of benching his previous guy for the new guys and etc. Especially mid-season. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If I were you Uncle Rufus, I wouldn't even worry about that interview. Gotta worry about them dangerous boys from Kingsland. 

I already been over across the river...and have reported in to Justin.   He told me point blank...we gonna Hawg Up...then we gonna line up...try not to screw up...and finally...conjure up a victory for an early Halloween.

And there's one thing about Justin...he don't fib.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1