Congrats to Jake Garcia, Fred and the entire Grayson program and fans.

2 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Gonna be interesting to see what Garcia says on the Phil Jones show today.  

Rufus>>

If I were you Uncle Rufus, I wouldn't even worry about that interview. Gotta worry about them dangerous boys from Kingsland. 

• Haha 1
  • Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I just wanna say I'm  proud for Grayson. They deserve it.  Grayson should be 15-0 and state champs.  They do things the right way.  

I’ve seen the emails. Coach Carter emphatically said he will be selective in OOS scheduling as he doesn’t want to play All-Star teams with transfers from all over. It was the softest shit I’ve ever se

Remember when Coach Carter told GSB he wouldn't play all star teams that have transfers from all over. And now his Rams have two four star QBs transferred in, a kid from Texas, and several kids from N

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

That is all well and good unless it is your Son getting benched for the transient player.. Kind of sucks ass for a kid who has busted his tail for the program waiting for his shot to shine. This kind of bullshit has no place in High School football.  High School football is not a business and loyalty should matter.. Save that shit for college and pro's JMHO.. And no my Son was never displaced by a transfer if anything it was the other way around but he was a Soph transferring in and graduated there but I still felt a little bad for the kids who's spot he took.. This Sr transfer shit is crossing the line ( unless it is a legitimate thing where a family moves into town for like a job or something not sports related).. that's just me I guess.

So if he's not better than the transfer he still should get the nod because he put in the time? 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
49 minutes ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah well some kids play for the love of the game, for pride in their school and community. not every player is interested in being a "baller chasing offers". There are more things, many more things about participating in high school sports that are far more important than winning or being a "baller'... Like you said program reflects Coach and what they are about.. If Coach is a win at all cost coach then I guess it's what you have and what you teach the kids... sad if you ask me

Coach Justin Rogers the other day had a kid come and tap him on the shoulder and pull him away. Upon returning about 20 minutes later, he proclaimed he had just talked a mom off the ledge. 

I was like, what happened coach? 

It turns out this mom was bout to pull her kid from football about his grades and the coach talked her out of it. 

Naturally, I asked was it a starter, and the coach said the kid will probably never play a meaningful down for the team, but, he felt like that kid needed to be a part of the team. A part of something bigger than himself. That was going to turn out a better human being into our community. 

The easy thing would have been to just say OK, one less kid to equip, take time with, worry about and etc., but the coach pulled away from what he was doing. Dropped everything to go talk that mom into letting the kid remain with the team. 

That's what type of stuff high school football is supposed to be about. None of this sissy bullshit where it's normalized to transfer because you don't like the coach or another kid beat you for the job or any other athletic reasons outside of safety. The center doesn't snap the way I like so I'm taking my talent to Grayson! xD

I gained an extra layer of respect for the coach in that moment. 

Some coaches fight for the baller and not that kid that would never play a meaningful down. 

At the same time, I do know coaches jobs are generally on the line umtimately based off of wins and losses, so, there does have to be a balancing act on their part, and, when a kid comes in and files the eligibility forms and becomes eligible, there isn't much you can do about that. However, the coach does have a choice in whether he welcomes that activity by way of benching his previous guy for the new guys and etc. Especially mid-season. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
19 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

If I were you Uncle Rufus, I wouldn't even worry about that interview. Gotta worry about them dangerous boys from Kingsland. 

I already been over across the river...and have reported in to Justin.   He told me point blank...we gonna Hawg Up...then we gonna line up...try not to screw up...and finally...conjure up a victory for an early Halloween.

And there's one thing about Justin...he don't fib.

Rufus>>

• Haha 1
29 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

They won't lose to Camden.

But I hope both them and Lowndes lose. Oh well...

2 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

yeah well some kids play for the love of the game, for pride in their school and community. not every player is interested in being a "baller chasing offers". There are more things, many more things about participating in high school sports that are far more important than winning or being a "baller'... Like you said program reflects Coach and what they are about.. If Coach is a win at all cost coach then I guess it's what you have and what you teach the kids... sad if you ask me

I know, it’s a nasty situation all around but the coach had the authority and if the incumbent and the parents are fine with it and on board, it what it is. 

We’re not in that room with the parents and the coach, I don’t think this situation got rammed down anyone’s throat.... that would not go over well in a public school. 

bgw

I think there is a big difference  between a transfer student and a transient student.. The coaches I played for if you were not with the team during two a days and try outs then you can try out next year. There were no players let on the team after that. well there were no mid season transfers either.. This kid is not a transfer in my opinion he is a transient and personally I wouldn't let him on my team and I don't care how good he is. My team is made mid August... but that is just me.. besides what make this kid any more special than all the other kids who's teams either aren't playing football this year or playing in the spring? nothing.. no one owes him or his parents shit. go back home and sit with your team... 

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I know, it’s a nasty situation all around but the coach had the authority and if the incumbent and the parents are fine with it and on board, it what it is. 

We’re not in that room with the parents and the coach, I don’t think this situation got rammed down anyone’s throat.... that would not go over well in a public school. 

bgw

Why should the parents have a say? I don’t get any of that. If a kid transfers I’m and beats out another kid it is what it is. 

I do think kids shouldn’t be promised jobs though. If they’re better, they should play. 

2 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Why should the parents have a say? I don’t get any of that. If a kid transfers I’m and beats out another kid it is what it is. 

I do think kids shouldn’t be promised jobs though. If they’re better, they should play. 

They will have a say, whether the coach goes along with it is another discussion. 

bgw

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Coach Justin Rogers the other day had a kid come and tap him on the shoulder and pull him away. Upon returning about 20 minutes later, he proclaimed he had just talked a mom off the ledge. 

I was like, what happened coach? 

It turns out this mom was bout to pull her kid from football about his grades and the coach talked her out of it. 

Naturally, I asked was it a starter, and the coach said the kid will probably never play a meaningful down for the team, but, he felt like that kid needed to be a part of the team. A part of something bigger than himself. That was going to turn out a better human being into our community. 

The easy thing would have been to just say OK, one less kid to equip, take time with, worry about and etc., but the coach pulled away from what he was doing. Dropped everything to go talk that mom into letting the kid remain with the team. 

That's what type of stuff high school football is supposed to be about. None of this sissy bullshit where it's normalized to transfer because you don't like the coach or another kid beat you for the job or any other athletic reasons outside of safety. The center doesn't snap the way I like so I'm taking my talent to Grayson! xD

I gained an extra layer of respect for the coach in that moment. 

Some coaches fight for the baller and not that kid that would never play a meaningful down. 

At the same time, I do know coaches jobs are generally on the line umtimately based off of wins and losses, so, there does have to be a balancing act on their part, and, when a kid comes in and files the eligibility forms and becomes eligible, there isn't much you can do about that. However, the coach does have a choice in whether he welcomes that activity by way of benching his previous guy for the new guys and etc. Especially mid-season. 

So football is more important than his grades?  Earlier you said football is an extracurricular activity and not more important than school.  Just askin.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Just now, AztecPadre said:

So football is more important than his grades?  Earlier you said football is an extracurricular activity and not more important than school.  Just askin.

No, not saying that at all. The kid will get help with his grades now. They'll pay more special attention to that kid. He may not dress for a while until he gets them caught up, but, he'll be doing catch up in the athletic dept. 

They want the kid to feel wanted, and in exchange he'll hopefully learn something from the experience about himself and them. 

Football is totally extracurricular, but, it can be used to enrich the education and help turn out better humans. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Guys, help me out here. What’s the missing third school? Thx. 

LBP

Narbonne

??

Dosta

Grayson

Talk to the Cali horde to verify, but. I think it was La Habra, but of course pandemic and all so no ball there this fall. 

• Thanks 1
58 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Talk to the Cali horde to verify, but. I think it was La Habra, but of course pandemic and all so no ball there this fall. 

Soon to be North Gwinnett I heard Garcia does not like the concession stand cheeseburger.  He said he was promised new York strip before moving.

• Haha 4
12 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

Sell it to somebody else.

I ain't buying....

Rufus>>

13 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Yes I am and I actually recorded a video of us playing the national anthem and our show music at practice Tuesday.

Video schmideo.

I haven’t bought your story right from the jump, and no proof that you are willing to offer will change my mind.

But you are infrequently moderately entertaining, so keep on trucking.

• Haha 1
Just now, Wosinc said:

Video schmideo.

I haven’t bought your story right from the jump., and no proof that you are willing to offer will change my mind.

But you are infrequently moderately entertaining, so keep on trucking.

🤦‍♂️

10 hours ago, CODBEARD said:

I think there is a big difference  between a transfer student and a transient student.. The coaches I played for if you were not with the team during two a days and try outs then you can try out next year. There were no players let on the team after that. well there were no mid season transfers either.. This kid is not a transfer in my opinion he is a transient and personally I wouldn't let him on my team and I don't care how good he is. My team is made mid August... but that is just me.. besides what make this kid any more special than all the other kids who's teams either aren't playing football this year or playing in the spring? nothing.. no one owes him or his parents shit. go back home and sit with your team... 

I was torn between like & thanks for this post and obviously agree

so does he play GA this fall and his parents hitch back again all kidding aside does he play in CALI in Jan or College ? 

31 minutes ago, Wosinc said:

Slap your face all you want.  You’re still full of what makes the grass grow.

I mean that in the nicest possible way, tho.

I literally have a video of us playing stuff I can send it for proof but y'all too ignorant...

• Haha 1
6 hours ago, ngdawg said:

I literally have a video of us playing stuff I can send it for proof but y'all too ignorant...

pretty sure anyone can find a video of NG band and post it here.. just saying.. carry on

Which one of these dorks is you?

North Gwinnett Players / Overview - copy

• Haha 2
8 hours ago, ngdawg said:

1 hour ago, CODBEARD said:

pretty sure anyone can find a video of NG band and post it here.. just saying.. carry on

Which one of these dorks is you?

North Gwinnett Players / Overview - copy

My point exactly.

• Thanks 1