Predictions for tuesday

HSFBfan

@Nolebull813

Exactly ive never burned a flag and never went out and bought flags and what not to pretend im more patriotic than other's while simultaneously being racist and disrespecting the flag by wearing it as clothes putting it on hats on the back of trucks beside trumpy,klan flags,etc... 

What have you done besides be the next pos in your inbreed family tree ?

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

@Nolebull813

Exactly ive never burned a flag and never went out and bought flags and what not to pretend im more patriotic than other's while simultaneously being racist and disrespecting the flag by wearing it as clothes putting it on hats on the back of trucks beside trumpy,klan flags,etc... 

What have you done besides be the next pos in your inbreed family tree ?

Buying an American flag to proudly display is fake patriotism? Only to a left winger I guess. 

The only people I see flying American flags are people that love this country through and through.  Whenever you are in a Republican dominated area of a city and state you see so much Love for the country. 

in Democrat majority areas you just see rioting and looting and people that hate our country. 

You Democrats hate this country with a passion and that is why you back leaders who promise to dismantle it 

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I agree that fake patriotism is a staple of Republicanism.

44 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

This is so true. I bet @Ga96 and @BUFORDGAWOLVES have burned a couple in their day 

Bullshit, I rose that beautiful flag to reveille and lowered every day for 3 years, folded, tucked and never flown in rain nor dark, never flown tattered nor touched ground. 

I got more patriotism in one tiny ass hair than you claim or in your entire body. 

Fucking over marginalized groups is not in my vernacular but I will make an exception for White Supremacists who spew hate and lies such as yourself. 

bgw

42 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Whenever you are in a Republican dominated area of a city and state you see so much Love for the country.

Republicans love the country like a child loves their mother.

In other words childish love.

Flying a flag is pretty much the least someone can do to "love" their country which is why so many fat, lazy people who are on oxygen tanks do that: it requires such little effort.

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

That prediction is more conservative than pretty much every poll and aggregation that exists.

I understand this. You keep pounding the narrative as it’s truth. Then quote 538... haven’t you learned from the last go around? If I’m wrong, I’ll be the first to man up and say los, you were right. I just don’t see it. I don’t live tit for tat. Just my observations. Go with your gut and pay attention to polls out side your neck of the woods. We live once, ain’t worth the bickering. 

16 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

I always love it when people describe loud minorities as silent majorities.

Those are just the ones that have recently left your side, the silent majority was already there.  You are right though, after the massive migration, I don’t think they will be quite as silent.  

• Like 2

I don't know who is gonna win tomorrow but one thing that I found interesting is that everyone in my family circle is voting against Trump. Never before have all agreed on a presidential choice like this. Independents, republicans and dems all voting Biden. 

Maybe it's the way one is brought up that makes us all reject Trump independent of his policies? 

Anyway, I hope it's a positive omen. 

• Like 1

This is where Biden being a decrepit candidate is really hurting.  Trump is all over the airwaves.  His stump speeches are good TV.  Biden is so dull and depressing, nobody watches so gets zilch coverage.  There has been movement towards Trump in the past 2 weeks, he is peaking at the right moment - just like 4 years ago.  Election Day 2016 might have been the only day that fall he could have won.  Will see if he makes it this time.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Bormio said:

This is where Biden being a decrepit candidate is really hurting.  Trump is all over the airwaves.  His stump speeches are good TV.  Biden is so dull and depressing, nobody watches so gets zilch coverage.  There has been movement towards Trump in the past 2 weeks, he is peaking at the right moment - just like 4 years ago.  Election Day 2016 might have been the only day that fall he could have won.  Will see if he makes it this time.

Hell make it. 

If God is watching over this country he will win

• Like 2

Two things from the last debate I think hurt Biden badly and sparked Trump’s recovery to date.  The first is obvious - move away from oil.  The second may even be more telling - “a dark winter”.  That phrase was disastrous to utter to people that just experienced likely the worst year of their lives.  It infuriated people who are looking for hope and here he is implying no holidays, new lockdowns etc.  it is in every Trump speech now - the polling on it I suspect was brutal.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Two things from the last debate I think hurt Biden badly and sparked Trump’s recovery to date.  The first is obvious - move away from oil.  The second may even be more telling - “a dark winter”.  That phrase was disastrous to utter to people that just experienced likely the worst year of their lives.  It infuriated people who are looking for hope and here he is implying no holidays, new lockdowns etc.  it is in every Trump speech now - the polling on it I suspect was brutal.

Dan binging reported what u r saying

The dems have cannibalized their votes during early voting

On 10/30/2020 at 6:53 PM, 15yds4gibberish said:

It's funny.  Sitting around the fire pit a couple of weekends ago, my buddy made the assertion that while it has become trendy to toss Das Kapital into the conversation, hardly anybody has actually read it, and almost nobody knows what's actually in it.  He found it astonishing that even Econ majors never read the thing.

Being an Econ major who never read the thing, I wasn't in a position to dispute his claims, but at least now I can add this thread to the pile of anecdotal evidence that maybe he was on to something...I did at the time, however, feel a kind of intuitive satisfaction that we happened to be eating a pizza from the local employee owned and operated pizza joint that continues to do well for itself...A place for which I could make a credible case serves the best deep dish in the country, and that includes Chicago...😉

Hope you are well my friend.

Maybe Das Kapital is to economics what Ulysses is to literature. 

I'm doing okay, but I miss watching the Spartans play football, and this election makes me nervous. I don't like what Trump has been saying over the last 12 hours, and I don't like that business owners are boarding up their windows against those who might not like the outcome. 

What's the pizza place called? We used to get a pretty good deep dish delivered to our apartment when we were living in Berkeley. 

• 4 weeks later...

DOJ’s general administrative hiring authority (28 C.F.R. Part 600) authorizes the Attorney General to appoint special counsels. Special counsels exercise more independence than regular DOJ officials and employees, but because the Attorney General generally appoints, supervises, and may remove special counsels, they are considered to be less independent than independent counsels were. (The term “special counsel,” when used in the context of independent criminal investigations of executive officials, is entirely distinct from the Office of Special Counsel, an independent federal agency, which investigates certain federal personnel practices.) 

On 10/30/2020 at 4:16 AM, Atticus Finch said:

They won't have control of the DOJ if Biden wins.

On 10/30/2020 at 4:19 AM, Slotback Right said:

Guess what. Trump would still be president for another two months, to start the ball rolling. Then if Biden fires the special counsel...that's obstruction of justice. Sound familiar?

Well, what do you know. I guess Atticus Finch isn't quite the know-it-all he thinks he is:

Barr names Russia prosecutor Durham as special counsel, ensures probe continues under Biden

Attorney General William Barr appointed John Durham, the federal prosecutor overseeing an inquiry into the Russia investigation, as a Justice Department special counsel. The move ensures that the politically charged probe will continue into President-elect Joe Biden's administration.

...Durham's appointment protects the investigation because as special counsel, he can't be readily removed by the new administration. Only the attorney general can fire a special counsel, and specific reasons – including misconduct, dereliction of duty, incapacity and conflict of interest – must be made in writing. Unlike most Justice Department investigators, Durham will not be subjected to the day-to-day supervision of the agency...

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/barr-names-russia-prosecutor-durham-as-special-counsel-ensures-probe-continues-under-biden/ar-BB1bxu8G?li=BBnb7Kz

Snicker, snicker.

1 minute ago, Slotback Right said:

Well, what do you know. I guess Atticus Finch isn't quite the know-it-all he thinks he is:

Covered this too but you're too much of a buffoon to post it.

👇

On 10/30/2020 at 7:47 AM, Atticus Finch said:

I'd like to see them try that. It would have no legitimacy. People like you misunderstand this like you misunderstand the legitimacy that the popular vote carries.

Why would Biden need to fire an illegitimate special counsel?

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Covered this too but you're too much of a buffoon to post it.

👇

Actually that is the post I intended to show, but I accidently quoted myself twice instead. I was in the process of editing when you posted it for me. Thank You.

However, It doesn't help your case at all.

1. Durham isn't an illegitimate special council, and,

2. The Obama-Biden administration is among the targets of Durham's investigation.

😝 Snicker, snicker.

45 minutes ago, Slotback Right said:

However, It doesn't help your case at all.

1. Durham isn't an illegitimate special council, and,

2. The Obama-Biden administration is among the targets of Durham's investigation.

😝 Snicker, snicker.

1. It is.

2. I know. They're trying to change the subject and investigate the investigators. Nothing will come of it like nothing came of Benghazi, Fast and Furious, the IRS "scandal" etc.