Colquitt v Lowndes

georgiagator1

1 hour ago, georgiagator1 said:

Where will the  tailgate reception  be for rival fans to meet some Packer posters ? @HawgGoneIt  @Rufus69

We might not be able to hang with the mighty Packers, but we will try to make it competitive anyway.😁

Due to high levels of Covid-19 and in general vitriol originating in and around Lowndes County, there will be no friendly reception of any rival fans. xD

Actually, there will be a memorial tailgate fish fry for the late Roger Dickerson being held starting 6pm at the girls softball field just at the south end of the td club member grass parking area, or just south of the 50th Regiment band busses. I'm not sure how they'll cotton to a Viking feller strolling up but, it's worth a try seeing as to how they advertised it in the Colquitt Shopper this week. 

It totally depends on my work whether I'll be able to get there early enough to partake in those festivities. Either way, I'll be glad to find a way to shake your hand at the least somehow before the evening is over. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the game. I think Jacurri is a major athlete and will be difficult to contain. He throws it better than people think and he'll damn sure reek havoc with his legs as well. Hopefully the Packers can at least keep it close and have a respectable showing. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Due to high levels of Covid-19 and in general vitriol originating in and around Lowndes County, there will be no friendly reception of any rival fans. xD

Actually, there will be a memorial tailgate fish fry for the late Roger Dickerson being held starting 6pm at the girls softball field just at the south end of the td club member grass parking area, or just south of the 50th Regiment band busses. I'm not sure how they'll cotton to a Viking feller strolling up but, it's worth a try seeing as to how they advertised it in the Colquitt Shopper this week. 

It totally depends on my work whether I'll be able to get there early enough to partake in those festivities. Either way, I'll be glad to find a way to shake your hand at the least somehow before the evening is over. 

I'm definitely looking forward to the game. I think Jacurri is a major athlete and will be difficult to contain. He throws it better than people think and he'll damn sure reek havoc with his legs as well. Hopefully the Packers can at least keep it close and have a respectable showing. 

Jacurri seems a little inconsistent at times throwing. Either a little off or a perfect dot of a pass. Containing him on the ground will be key, because he has 10 TD rushes and 7 TD passes.

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Will you be signing autographs and taking pictures with Lowndes fans before the game? 

• Haha 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Jacurri seems a little inconsistent at times throwing. Either a little off or a perfect dot of a pass. Containing him on the ground will be key, because he has 10 TD rushes and 7 TD passes.

That's their offensive game. He's tough to bring down once he gets a head of steam, and if you start keying on that and try to keep him from getting huge gains on the ground, he can throw it better than you think. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Roger was a "damn good Hawg".  I was absolutely blown away when I learned he had passed away from COVID.   I'll lift a glass of Woodford for the old cable man.  May he run with the Hawgs in the sky and hurl obstacles towards the Vikings.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That's their offensive game. He's tough to bring down once he gets a head of steam, and if you start keying on that and try to keep him from getting huge gains on the ground, he can throw it better than you think. 

Oh yeah his throwing ability is deceivingly good. Also, his big strides allow him to run moreso than his speed.

11 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

Roger was a "damn good Hawg".  I was absolutely blown away when I learned he had passed away from COVID.   I'll lift a glass of Woodford for the old cable man.  May he run with the Hawgs in the sky and hurl obstacles towards the Vikings.

Rufus>>

Kind of weird not having him set up down there at the girls softball field every game. Not seeing him drive around in his dodge pickup with the gold and silver stripes and Packers decal emblazoned on both sides of the bed, riding along with his big Packers truckers cap on smiling at folks. 

I'm not sure what the memorial tail gate is about. Like whether it's trying to raise money or what, but, I'm trying to get by there if it isn't too crowded so as to impede me from getting to my seats in time for the presentation of the colors. 

2 hours ago, ngdawg said:

You know what? I've heard Lowndes fans/neutral fans say how he's improved tremendously as a passer....but I really haven't seen the improvement. Only 7 passing TDs on the year? 

• Thanks 1

14 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Sounds good.👍

1 minute ago, georgiagator1 said:

The youngster is no match for the vaunted blackhat defense.giphy.gif

"Doc" sent his plan to Coach Rodemaker on how to SLOW Superman Jacurri down.  I know they're mulling certain points of it over.  I don't think any of us expect to STOP Superman...but if we can keep him from jumping skyscrapers in a single bound...perhaps we can hold our own till either a late 4th quarter or OT FG to win.

Like "Doc" said this morning before he left heading towards the "facilities" at Lime Sink...."Rufus, we can dream".

At least the Lowndes County Marching Band ain't gonna play while Colquitt has the ball on offense.............

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

"Doc" sent his plan to Coach Rodemaker on how to SLOW Superman Jacurri down.  I know they're mulling certain points of it over.  I don't think any of us expect to STOP Superman...but if we can keep him from jumping skyscrapers in a single bound...perhaps we can hold our own till either a late 4th quarter or OT FG to win.

Like "Doc" said this morning before he left heading towards the "facilities" at Lime Sink...."Rufus, we can dream".

At least the Lowndes County Marching Band ain't gonna play while Colquitt has the ball on offense.............

Rufus>>

Im just hoping for a respectable showing. Hate to disappoint you fellers.

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Rufus>>

Thanks to the Lowndes County Marching Band, no band in the state can play while a play is going on. You wouldn't believe how insanely helpful that would be...thanks a lot Lowndes!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Thanks to the Lowndes County Marching Band, no band in the state can play while a play is going on. You wouldn't believe how insanely helpful that would be...thanks a lot Lowndes!

All those people that say the band doesn't matter always make sure to have the refs ready for Lowndes and the Packas just banned the band from the game.

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

It especially sucks when this year, our band is 10 feet away from the goalpost and teams get backed up on that endzone 3 or 4 times a game. It would be so useful...if not for Lowndes.

How so? The rule was put in place for the very reason you are wanting to use it. You guys do know how how to yell all at once right?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

How so? The rule was put in place for the very reason you are wanting to use it. You guys do know how how to yell all at once right?

Yes, we do that but blasting instruments at top volume is louder. But what's wrong with using the rule in that way? It's not impossible to overcome and it adds a new level of home field advantage.

• Like 1