Lowndes 10 vs Colquitt 40 final

Ga96

8 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I’m thinking the time right for Buford to lift the Vikings skirt. 

Any miles left on it, HawGoneIt?

I mean MTP has been inviting us for a minute. 

bgw

Man, idk. Next year, Jacurri is a senior finally, and DuBose will have had this year under his belt and behind him if he can keep the kids bought in and not running across town to Valdosta to play for Rush. 

Speaking of that... I wonder what those kids that left Colquitt to go there think now... 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Man, idk. Next year, Jacurri is a senior finally, and DuBose will have had this year under his belt and behind him if he can keep the kids bought in and not running across town to Valdosta to play for Rush. 

Speaking of that... I wonder what those kids that left Colquitt to go there think now... 

Yep, ego has a way over fucking over the kids.... that’s my 1st thought and can’t seem to come off it with an alternative plausible explanation. 

bgw

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yep, ego has a way over fucking over the kids.... that’s my 1st thought and can’t seem to come off it with an alternative plausible explanation. 

bgw

Some of it was probably parents. We aren't immune to helicopter parents down here in the deep south of Georgia either. 

I kind of hate it for those kids that either they or their parents made what seems like a bad choice for them at the moment as far as a successful season goes. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Just saying, I was high on Colquitt before the year started and I got a lot of flack for it. Now your guys are proving me right!

I thought I remember you having quite a few little schools ahead of Colquitt early on. I could be mistaken though. The polls are tough to argue with all the schedule shuffling and pandemic quarantines going on. 

The thing people have to remember with playing IMG is that it does benefit you if your using the game for the right reasons

If your playing IMG expecting a win your odds of succeeding in the goal is unlikely, however if your goal is to get your players a test and good college scout film by facing a team with a ton of scouts watching or to see your weaknesses so you can be a better team than you could benefit from playing them and ik in Columbia case they covered our travel expenses and gave a additional 2-3k after paying for the expenses which we use to continue to build the program 

IMG usually pays good money to teams and allow you to see where you need to improve, so I can understand the logic that playing IMG can benefit teams

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I thought I remember you having quite a few little schools ahead of Colquitt early on. I could be mistaken though. The polls are tough to argue with all the schedule shuffling and pandemic quarantines going on. 

Norcross should be No.2 in AAAAAAA.

Rufus>>

4 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I thought I had colquitt in a fair spot at the time 

Maybe a little low in hindsight

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think I had Lowndes, Grayson, and Parkview ahead. That's it. Can't believe the amount of people that slept on Colquitt...

@Rufus69.

8 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

I knew. And told y’all. 

6 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Who said Colquitt should be favored and just wanted Lowndes to be competitive? I’ve seen all the games. I knew. Long way to go. 

I've said before your the only lowndes poster on here with any common sense

reason is probably because your the only one who is looking at it as a honest perspective and not just some clueless homer like the other 2 lowndes guys on here 

Out of curiosity why do you think lowndes got ranked so high in national polls?

5 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I think it was because at times Brown has looked like superman. Colquitt tackled well tonight for the most part. We were able to limit the long runs and big plays. Brown ran past Valdosta by himself because of some missed tackles.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

I've said before your the only lowndes poster on here with any common sense

reason is probably because your the only one who is looking at it as a honest perspective and not just some clueless homer like the other 2 lowndes guys on here 

Returning state runner up and number D1 players and highly ranked QB. But they are putting 2 new systems in place both offense and defense. They need work. Lot of talent though, no doubt. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, georgiagator1 said:

Returning state runner up and number D1 players and highly ranked QB. But they are putting 2 new systems in place both offense and defense. They need work. Lot of talent though, no doubt. 

This has always been my argument against preseason national polls. They look at returning talent, previous year finish and new schedule, but, with so many teams out there across the nation, it's honestly a wild guess. 

Having the new coach and system being installed is something the polls maybe should have taken into account. 

I told the people around me in pregame that the Pack would score 35, and I thought Lowndes would score 17. I figured Jacurri would get loose at least twice and at least drop one pass on a dime. I wasn't terribly far off. The Black Hats were just able to bottle Jacurri up even better than I thought. I thought he would get his. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

15 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

21 to 3 off the pick 6. And there is a small band on the visitor side wearing Lowndes colors. 

Lol.  Colcuts will win huge.  Lowndes looks hella overrated.  Offense is just the QB and only when he runs.  Like I said in a previous post, it's Grayson and colcuts state title to lose.  And tonight will prove it. 

• Like 1