"one must face chaos to give birth to a star"

Mad-Water

"Blazing Saddles": "Order comes out of chaos."

besides being meaningless, ranking the BNU and NJ is chaotic, and stars certainly are not being created.  Hanson leaves 0-2, and Joes squeaks one out against a team of Native Americans.  Don't ask me "how"?  Bosco as usual beats NJ's top team.

let's just pay HS players, give the best ones to Sabella, and start playing against IMG, MD, John Bosco, Cent 10, STA, Maryville, Eds, Simon Kenton, and any teams from Texas

• Like 1

Pay em all you want, can’t hang. Just ask Biff “plaque filled arteries” poggi. Look at the faces on the Bergen parents😂 Please don’t make them go through that again. Bergen catholic got the #runningclock put on em, then went on to win the big boy jersey state championship. And that my friend is all you need to know about New Jersey football. 

F70175A7-F390-4013-83E9-025E2C15C66D.jpeg

4BBEB1CA-8276-4C5C-9F13-1F6014EA98FE.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Pay em all you want, can’t hang. Just ask Biff “plaque filled arteries” poggi. Look at the faces on the Bergen parents😂 Please don’t make them go through that again. Bergen catholic got the #runningclock put on em, then went on to win the big boy jersey state championship. And that my friend is all you need to know about New Jersey football. 

Several of them could have been Snooki when younger. 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Hi Nick,

i respect your posts, but I'm thinking you're a bit on the young side.

BC ain't Bosco.

ask DLS.  We were Nat Champs maybe before perhaps you graduated.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Several of them could have been Snooki when younger. 

NJ = Italians.  ok.  not very subtle.  blacks, Catholics, and Jews have run their course for you guys?  at least you're better than we are, which always matters for the insecure

Alabama, too?  that's rich.  NJ is usually 1st or 2nd in education, and Alabama is always 2nd to last in everything that matters.  but i guess you're 1st in the nation is in the lowest amount of Italians and joggers straying too far from home.  lol

and Cali?  even Big Herc's leaving now.  a lot of shallow people with no roots.  Hollywood and censors and gangs.  splendid

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Mad-Water said:

will any poll have Delbarton 1?

BC is 1?  NHSFA, CalPreps.  more to come?

does not matter, you and I know that Delby earned the #1 ranking and that BC lost the #1 ranking with no time on the clock vs their rival, Ironmen of Don Bosco. 

I'd give it to BC even with the loss if DElby had not played Bosco but they did. 🙁

I promise I am not happy about this but what can I do if I want to fancy myself fair? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, noonereal said:

does not matter, you and I know that Delby earned the #1 ranking and that BC lost the #1 ranking with no time on the clock vs their rival, Ironmen of Don Bosco. 

I'd give it to BC even with the loss if DElby had not played Bosco but they did. 🙁

I promise I am not happy about this but what can I do if I want to fancy myself fair? 

fair enough  lol

• Like 1

Just now, GardenStateBaller said:

You continue to communicate the obvious. All of us here know that SJB and MD are on another level. Who has posted otherwise? 

When he said bc is not dbp, I was assuming he was referring to the history of the programs. So I threw in the natty’s. Then added the scores from the common opponent for shits and gigs. Let me have some fun mr. 200!! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, HurricaneNick said:

But, from 2000-2011 it was all Jersey and Bosco...Those 11 years you were silent...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mad-Water said:

NJ = Italians.  ok.  not very subtle.  blacks, Catholics, and Jews have run their course for you guys?  at least you're better than we are, which always matters for the insecure

Alabama, too?  that's rich.  NJ is usually 1st or 2nd in education, and Alabama is always 2nd to last in everything that matters.  but i guess you're 1st in the nation is in the lowest amount of Italians and joggers straying too far from home.  lol

and Cali?  even Big Herc's leaving now.  a lot of shallow people with no roots.  Hollywood and censors and gangs.  splendid

Funny more people are moving from New Jersey to Alabama than Alabama to New Jersey.  I much rather live in Hoover Al than the high taxes high crime and trash of New Jersey.   

• Haha 1

32 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

2 nattys is NICE! Half as good as our 4, but twice as good as BC’s 0!! I agree that BC is not bosco and think an MD/DBP game would be great for hsfb. Until that game is played, I’ll use the “common opponent” in the same year agenda. 😂 

FFB164B3-0D48-404F-995C-197F37DF561D.jpeg

A31BE832-B114-4E62-BDDA-A886D1193629.jpeg

Compare  DBP 2000-2011 vs Monarchs......Different story and no cherry picking.... DBP vs BC since 1958 was a huge rivilary game.....May close calls and blowouts...

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

2 nattys is NICE! Half as good as our 4, but twice as good as BC’s 0!! I agree that BC is not bosco and think an MD/DBP game would be great for hsfb. Until that game is played, I’ll use the “common opponent” in the same year agenda. 😂 

FFB164B3-0D48-404F-995C-197F37DF561D.jpeg

A31BE832-B114-4E62-BDDA-A886D1193629.jpeg

Nick,

we haven't interacted a lot.  there is no way any NJ team in the last 9 yrs could keep a game tight against last year's MD and SJB teams.  I'm not sure Bosco's 02, 09, and 11 teams could beat them.

it was meant as a joke that I said NJ should pool its talent to compete against today's best--that should be enough for you to see that I think highly of MD and SJB.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Mag44 said:

Or DBP 02, 03, 06,07,08,09,10 or 11......

MD's offense scored 21 points in under 3 minutes against a very good East Coast team with a ton of P5 players.  i think they were long drives too.  Toal was a big leveler, but in the last few yrs, MD and SJB have been on another level.

Sammy knows my views.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Is there a public high school in NJ worth a dang in football.

if top 100 or 200 is the standard, then no.

R. Gary, M. Dwumfour, and Ibn Foster were all on the same public till PC, DPC, and Joes grabbed them.

Nwk, E Orange, Paterson, Jersey City, Camden, and Irvington could compete now again if they could keep their players and if their players would behave. 

Toal at Hackensack and Ramapo not long ago had top-15 teams.  (Joe Dawkins passed recently.  RIP.)

But when it's all said and done, NJ is b/w 9-11 in FBS recruits.  we should do better, but we don't have the infrastructure that Southern states seem to have to get the kids off the streets and commit to football.

16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Funny more people are moving from New Jersey to Alabama than Alabama to New Jersey.  I much rather live in Hoover Al than the high taxes high crime and trash of New Jersey.   

In the mid-90s, my wife spent a ton of time in Mobile on a discovery project for Ciba.  She liked Mobile.  She would come home with ribs all the time.

our friends have a girl at Alabama and she loves it.  I think her sister is now going.

I'm capable of knocking a state, but every state has issues, and so, I really can't behind it too wholeheartedly.  NJ has problems.  It has some good things.

it seems as if many of us--not necessarily you--just transferred their negative generalizations from one group to another, and that's supposed to be fine, because it's not the old targets. 

getting rid of or dampening the old prejudices was based on the unremarkable notion of biases being bad; now, that judgment or hate is directed in a new direction, many of the beneficiaries rethought the all-biases-are-bad notion, and decided, hey, some biases are fine and perhaps even deserved.

it would be interesting to see whether we'd all get into the same foxhole together if the need were to arise.

44 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The last time we pooled all of our talent on one team, kids died. Parity is the much safer way to go. 

That is silly...That was not indicative of the dominance from 2000-2011.. Parity is a lesser quality of football and isNOWHERE AS  exciting as those 11-12 years...Those events were abbberrational and nothing more...Rumors abound with no evidence of malfeasance

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

The last time we pooled all of our talent on one team, kids died. Parity is the much safer way to go. 

now I'm on that Georgia kid's side.  asshole.

besides being untrue, explain Hackensack.  now Joe Dawkins died a short while ago, but it was due to his dad's death from the WuFlu, not Toal.  and Dawkins graduated around 1995, and this is 2020.  you can't hang that on Toal, though Toal did guest speak at Joe's speed facility on work ethic a year or 2 ago.

• Haha 1