Ghsa transfer ruling better late than never I guess

Ga96

A player deemed unable to play at one school can not play at another school that year. The player can counter with a hardship waiver.

Loophole: a player can transfer to a private school under gisa and then transfer to the desired ghsa school with no problem. Which will be the next problem until ghsa does something.

Players have been screwed out of championships for years having to go against recruited and cheating teams.

• Thumbs Down 1

The way I see the verbiage on this thing is that once ruled ineligible this season, that pretty much is a wrap on the season. The wording seems to be "once ruled ineligible, you can't gain eligibility by transferring again."

In other words just do the right thing to begin with. Also they're exploring hefty penalties for schools that falsify forms and/or play ineligible players. One has to wonder if the Valdosta situation didn't bring that exploration up seeing as to how its the high profile one this season. 

Georgia High School Association updates transfer rule after series of controversial moves, two involving Grayson

The Georgia High School Association’s Board of Trustees unanimously approved a proposal Monday designed to address a controversial situation involving transfer athletes.

The proposal was an adjustment to GHSA By-Law 1.64 of the organization’s constitution. The new verbiage states in part, “a student who is not eligible at the former school, and then transfers to a new school, cannot regain eligibility by the transfer.”

A trio of high-profile football transfers in 2020 were ruled ineligible after their initial moves, so all three moved again to a new high school, where they were deemed eligible because they made what the GHSA deemed a “bona-fide” move. Grayson was involved in two of those three transfer students.

Quarterback Carlos Del Rio transferred from McEachern to Grayson, but was ruled ineligible. He changed schools to Cartersville to gain eligibility. Current Grayson quarterback Jake Garcia made national headlines when he moved from California to play at Valdosta, only to be declared ineligible. He moved to Grayson after he couldn’t play at Valdosta.

Another top player, linebacker Chief Borders, went from McEachern to Carrollton, but he wasn’t ruled eligible, so he transferred to Heard County.

In other news, Board of Trustees member Curt Miller spoke about the possibility of adding the penalty of taking a school out of the playoffs for using an ineligible player or falsifying transfer documents. After a lengthy discussion, the Board of Trustees directed GHSA counsel Alan Connell to work on the wording for such a proposal to be presented at a future meeting.

On 11/30/2020 at 10:24 PM, Ga96 said:

A player deemed unable to play at one school can not play at another school that year. The player can counter with a hardship waiver.

Loophole: a player can transfer to a private school under gisa and then transfer to the desired ghsa school with no problem. Which will be the next problem until ghsa does something.

Players have been screwed out of championships for years having to go against recruited and cheating teams.

So those cheating fucks you support at dosta are screwed huh? 

• Haha 1

The ship has already sailed this season, and quite a few people got away with pulling some bullshit. I'm still not sure how people are getting away with the "maintain the residence for a year" rule as its written, except after folks win and its all done, nobody cares enough to pay any more attention or whatever. 

Anyway, at least Del Rio, Borders and Garcia won't be setting an example that others can abuse in the future. 

I hope they get some solid wording installed on schools falsifying documentation and playing ineligible too. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Then out of curiosity why don’t they play? Seems kinda retarded if they are that close. A natural rivalry.

Well, for one Coach McFarlin used to coach for Roswell and won a shared ship with Peachtree Ridge in 06.

2nd, Roswell would dominate maybe not the last couple of seasons. Then BT could win resulting in transfers whatnot.

Little mix of things and I'm just spitballin'.

bgw

On 12/2/2020 at 4:00 PM, HawgGoneIt said:

The ship has already sailed this season, and quite a few people got away with pulling some bullshit. I'm still not sure how people are getting away with the "maintain the residence for a year" rule as its written, except after folks win and its all done, nobody cares enough to pay any more attention or whatever. 

Anyway, at least Del Rio, Borders and Garcia won't be setting an example that others can abuse in the future. 

I hope they get some solid wording installed on schools falsifying documentation and playing ineligible too. 

Got that asterisk out already?

Dammit Man.

bgw

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Well, for one Coach McFarlin used to coach for Roswell and won a shared ship with Peachtree Ridge in 06.

2nd, Roswell would dominate maybe not the last couple of seasons. Then BT could win resulting in transfers whatnot.

Little mix of things and I'm just spitballin'.

bgw

Summa them BT fans in the 5A vent got a lot of sand in the knuckle when you tell them they recruit!

O e car dropped a “implies impropriety” as if these self righteous mother fuckers are above recruiting. 

I play golf with Victor Green once every month or so. He says they recruit kids. Now mind you, he didn’t say “the staff” recruited kids but it does t matter who does if it’s being done. Anywho dude called him a liar. He drops HS kids names so I asked what his name was Soni could ask Vic and see how he reacts. He wouldn’t give it to me but said “tell him I’m the stay guy and he’ll know who I am.” I’m like, ain’t this a bitch?!? Dude will drop HS kids names but won’t give his own?!?

Funny stuff 

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Summa them BT fans in the 5A vent got a lot of sand in the knuckle when you tell them they recruit!

O e car dropped a “implies impropriety” as if these self righteous mother fuckers are above recruiting. 

I play golf with Victor Green once every month or so. He says they recruit kids. Now mind you, he didn’t say “the staff” recruited kids but it does t matter who does if it’s being done. Anywho dude called him a liar. He drops HS kids names so I asked what his name was Soni could ask Vic and see how he reacts. He wouldn’t give it to me but said “tell him I’m the stay guy and he’ll know who I am.” I’m like, ain’t this a bitch?!? Dude will drop HS kids names but won’t give his own?!?

Funny stuff 

BT has a class of affluent assholes who think their smarter than everyone. 

Constantly showing their ass in pretentious and social contempt kinda of ways.... BT wasn’t shit until McFarlin got there... better believe a lotta jockeying and influencing going on. 

bgw

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

BT has a class of affluent assholes who think their smarter than everyone. 

Constantly showing their ass in pretentious and social contempt kinda of ways.... BT wasn’t shit until McFarlin got there... better believe a lotta jockeying and influencing going on. 

bgw

Go to the 5A vent and look at “vipers upset specials” for the jackassery.

I can picture the guy sitting in his den with wood paneling and a mahogany drag, while smoking a pipe saying, “Duncan, Mary Catherine, come hither. A laborer from Marietta is implying impropriety on behalf of our beloved Blessed Trinity community. I for one will not stand for it. Pshaw I say. Pshaw!”’

Shit like that is why people laugh at private schools. Uppity bitches. 

• Haha 2

9 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Go to the 5A vent and look at “vipers upset specials” for the jackassery.

I can picture the guy sitting in his den with wood paneling and a mahogany drag, while smoking a pipe saying, “Duncan, Mary Catherine, come hither. A laborer from Marietta is implying impropriety on behalf of our beloved Blessed Trinity community. I for one will not stand for it. Pshaw I say. Pshaw!”’

Shit like that is why people laugh at private schools. Uppity bitches. 

Well put. Hahahaha. 

bgw