Andy Anders Leaves The Tift County Blue Devils

Rufus69

I guess it might be public knowledge by now...but Coach Andy Anders has had enough of the dumpster fire ...a.k.a....the Tift County Blue Devils.  When asked what he would miss most...Coach Anders supposedly said...the cannon.

All this simply follows the Tift mantra that was issued shortly after the days of Gene Brodie ...

"if at first you don't suck a seed...keep on sucking"

And they HAVE....

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They've been running through some coaches over there. 

Evidently its not an ideal place to work as a football coach, because as we saw, Coach Reid left and is doing pretty well in the bush leagues of Rome but had a struggle at Tift. 

Best of luck to Ashley Anders. 

They say the issues run pretty deep up yonder. There is little by in from the administration, boosters, community, parents, and eventually the kids.

I don't know of anything coach in America that would succeed under those circumstances.

Rumor has it that they will be making the call to Moultrie and trying to bring in Rodemaker to be their next sacrificial lamb. I hope he thinks twice about stepping into that big blue shit hole north of Norman Park.

12 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They say the issues run pretty deep up yonder. There is little by in from the administration, boosters, community, parents, and eventually the kids.

I don't know of anything coach in America that would succeed under those circumstances.

Rumor has it that they will be making the call to Moultrie and trying to bring in Rodemaker to be their next sacrificial lamb. I hope he thinks twice about stepping into that big blue shit hole north of Norman Park.

I told the Packer Touchdown Club President that I would consider offering Rod.....Lime Sink stock (non-voting) if he would stay with the Hawgs.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rufus69 said:

I told the Packer Touchdown Club President that I would consider offering Rod.....Lime Sink stock (non-voting) if he would stay with the Hawgs.

Rufus>>

I will also offer up something to sweeten the deal. Albeit not as extravagant as what Lime Sink brings to the bargaining table. 

I might can get him a steak dinner on Fridays and a weekly round of golf maybe?

4 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

I will also offer up something to sweeten the deal. Albeit not as extravagant as what Lime Sink brings to the bargaining table. 

I might can get him a steak dinner on Fridays and a weekly round of golf maybe?

LOL...I think you might have the needed edge with the golf.  Of course...you'll probably be invaded by the Velvet Voice cause I think Coach Rod takes his money on the golf course from time to time...(Smile).

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

One would certainly hope that Rodemaker knows enough about the Tift program to stay far away. At least 28.7 miles away anyhow.

I think he and Justin compliment each others style well and they seem like they get along. I hope he'll stay at least until Tate graduates FSU. 

Here's hoping Tate goes for the 6 year plan...(Smile).

Rufus>>

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

They've been running through some coaches over there. 

Evidently its not an ideal place to work as a football coach, because as we saw, Coach Reid left and is doing pretty well in the bush leagues of Rome but had a struggle at Tift. 

Best of luck to Ashley Anders. 

Excuse me? Pretty sure the Namby Pamby Packers were 6A. 

Bush leagues.... I reckon time will bear that one out.... huh?

😁

bgw

• Haha 1

rod is an average coach. Hiring him would do nothing for tift county. Tifton needs to hire a young coach or a black coach that can connect with those kids and their families to get them to trust the program and get those basketball players to do basketball and football. If Tifton can get those basketball players into football there will be hell to pay.

I think they should go after Josh Crawford and get a good DC to keep tift were it is or maybe even hire Anders back as the DC.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

rod is an average coach. Hiring him would do nothing for tift county. Tifton needs to hire a young coach or a black coach that can connect with those kids and their families to get them to trust the program and get those basketball players to do basketball and football. If Tifton can get those basketball players into football there will be hell to pay.

I think they should go after Josh Crawford and get a good DC to keep tift were it is or maybe even hire Anders back as the DC.

Why is everything about race with you?

Simply hiring a black coach is not going to turn a program around.

Their biggest issue is not getting players to buy in. In fact, that is last on the list. Look at the successful programs across the country? Did they need to hire a black coach in order for their players to buy in?

I'd love to hear your reasoning behind this notion?

First it was UGA needs a black QB, now it is Tifton needs a black coach. It's ridiculous.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Their biggest issue is not getting players to buy in. In fact, that is last on the list. Look at the successful programs across the country? Did they need to hire a black coach in order for their players to buy in?

First it was UGA needs a black QB, now it is Tifton needs a black coach. It's ridiculous.

Because then he can claim people who disagree with him is racist and use it as a crutch to pretend he can actually talk football but in reality he knows nothing about the game 

3 minutes ago, CCBlackhatter said:

They just need a good coach who can connect with the players 

Apparently ga96 thinks only a black coach can connect with black players, it's people like that who cause the race issues in this country to get worse because apparently if it doesn't cater to them then the entire system is racist, is there some serious race issues in the south (and the country) absolutely! But people like ga96 use real racism as some get out of jail free card to say any clueless idiotic thing that comes to that brain dead skull of his

4 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Coaches are getting tossed left and right and not 1 has moaned complained or got their wives to try and sue the school. rod is a child when it comes to maturity as a professional.

Maybe there is more to the story. Idk? Do you?

I think Rod is a very good coach, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I think he will be most successful as coordinator where he can focus his attention on his biggest strength.

With that being said, he did win a championship while at Valdosta. That's something Lowends has failed to do in quite some time.

I think you might still be a little salty over his current defense making your Vikings and all everything QB look rec league a few weeks ago. You guys weren't even competitive and it took a special teams mistake to help you all score on your first possession.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Rod is Don Shula compared to your jackass coaching abilities loser 

Leave the discussion to people who actually have a clue because with you it's one ridiculous bullshit take after another

Just now, Columbiafan said:

They just need a good coach who can connect with the players 

Apparently ga96 thinks only a black coach can connect with black players, it's people like that who cause the race issues in this country to get worse because apparently if it doesn't cater to them then the entire system is racist, is there some serious race issues in the south (and the country) absolutely! But people like ga96 use real racism as some get out of jail free card to say any clueless idiotic thing that comes to that brain dead skull of his

So, I take it you’re not fond of 96,  and there won’t be any get togethers over bbq?

bgw

Word on the street is that no coach will do well at Tift because they simply don't have enough like minded folks to actually support and pull the program all in the same direction. They've hired coach after coach after coach and not one of them has been able to get everyone pulling in one direction. 

The kids can play their hearts out, but, without all the support and infrastructure in place to support, hire and keep hiring great coaches to compliment the head coach, they're going to continue being what they are. 

1 minute ago, CCBlackhatter said:

Maybe there is more to the story. Idk? Do you?

I think Rod is a very good coach, especially on the defensive side of the ball. I think he will be most successful as coordinator where he can focus his attention on his biggest strength.

With that being said, he did win a championship while at Valdosta. That's something Lowends has failed to do in quite some time.

I think you might still be a little salty over his current defense making your Vikings and all everything QB look rec league a few weeks ago. You guys weren't even competitive and it took a special teams mistake to help you all score on your first possession.

I think you hit the nail on the head there