The greatest exercise in futility in history is occurring right now..

badrouter

5 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Good post.

You just don't understand the lack of logic and reasoning being employed.  It's understandable because these guys are next level kind of dumb and it is hard to follow.

And much harder to talk with these geniuses and find any shared facts on which to even begin a conversation.  Nothing is obvious anymore as they continue their battle with reality.

I think many of them are smart people who have fallen under a spell, which happens in politics. 

Though we don't like to admit it, there were very bright Nazis and Nazi sympathizers. Even smart people can be bewitched by political theories. Smart people have murdered children because they believed it was for the greater good of the Party, which, regardless of its name or place in history, is always the last great hope to save the world. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The courts have rejected these lawsuits for a variety of reasons including:

• Lack of standing
  • Lack of evidence
  • Lack of understanding of standard election procedures
  • Wut? LOL

16 hours ago, Newbie said:

Yes and any other reasonable excuse you can find not to get involved which means that they never had to adjudicate any real evidence 👍

you are starting to see how it works 👌 good job 

🍿

Yeah, for the most part the courts were looking for any excuse to stay out of it. And not all of them were one-sided. Wisconsin Supreme Court was 4-3. Here's part of what the Chief Justice had to say:

¶61 PATIENCE DRAKE ROGGENSACK, C.J. (dissenting). Elections have consequences. One candidate wins and the other loses, but in every case, it is critical that the public perceive that the election was fairly conducted. ¶62 In the case now before us, a significant portion of the public does not believe that the November 3, 2020, presidential election was fairly conducted. Once again, four justices on this court cannot be bothered with addressing what the statutes require to assure that absentee ballots are lawfully cast. I respectfully dissent from that decision...

She went on to list all the problems with Wisconsin's election, for 19 pages ending with:

¶106 I am authorized to state that Justices ANNETTE KINGSLAND ZIEGLER, and REBECCA GRASSL BRADLEY join this dissent.

The other two justices signed above also wrote dissenting opinions of their own. All three justices signed onto the dissenting opinions of the other two.

¶107 ANNETTE KINGSLAND ZIEGLER, J. (dissenting). We are called upon to declare what the law is. See Marbury v. Madison, 5 U.S. (1 Cranch) 137, 177 (1803) ("It is emphatically the province and duty of the judicial department to say what the law is."). Once again, in an all too familiar pattern, four members of this court abdicate their responsibility to do so. They refuse to even consider the uniquely Wisconsin, serious legal issues presented. The issues presented in this case, unlike those in other cases around the United States, are based on Wisconsin statutory election law. Make no mistake, the majority opinion fails to even mention, let alone analyze, the pertinent Wisconsin statutes. Passing reference to other states' decisionmaking is of little relevance given the Wisconsin legal issues at stake...

and,

¶140 REBECCA GRASSL BRADLEY, J. (dissenting). Once again, the majority of the Wisconsin Supreme Court wields the discretionary doctrine of laches as a mechanism to avoid answering questions of law the people of Wisconsin elected us to decide. Although nothing in the law compels its application, this majority routinely hides behind laches in election law cases no matter when a party asserts its claims. Whether election officials complied with Wisconsin law in administering the November 3, 2020 election is of fundamental importance to the voters, who should be able to rely on the advice they are given when casting their ballots. Rather than fulfilling its duty to say what the law is, a majority of this court unconstitutionally converts the Wisconsin Elections Commission's mere advice into governing "law," thereby supplanting the actual election laws enacted by the people's elected representatives in the legislature and defying the will of Wisconsin's citizens. When the state's highest court refuses to uphold the law, and stands by while an unelected body of six commissioners rewrites it, our system of representative government is subverted.

https://www.wicourts.gov/sc/opinion/DisplayDocument.pdf?content=pdf&seqNo=315395

10 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I think many of them are smart people who have fallen under a spell, which happens in politics. 

Though we don't like to admit it, there were very bright Nazis and Nazi sympathizers. Even smart people can be bewitched by political theories. Smart people have murdered children because they believed it was for the greater good of the Party, which, regardless of its name or place in history, is always the last great hope to save the world. 

You may think it easy to paint nationalists as nazis but there is a huge difference.  🧐

And I don’t think that any nationalist movement would have gained any steam with out a large number of that group going along because they didn’t like the current view of the US playing world police and being involved where they think we should not be. 

Instead of painting, some times it’s better to actually understand the other side instead of just calling them the devil 👿 

just saying 😷

Ps  next thing you know,  people will be saying that god is only on their side 🙄

17 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't have any problem admitting that there were smart Nazis as ideology doesn't speak to whether a person is intelligent or not.  People murdering children doesn't speak to them being smart or not either.  Concerning morality, IMO, one can be smart or dumb or both.

I'm not sure what falling under a spell actually means.  I'm guessing it may mean being in a cult.  I suppose smart people have found themselves being drawn in to a cult but eventually they begin to question things and may even want to leave the cult.  Those who just believe without thinking, like we have today with those who believe Trump over all evidence to the contrary, I think they are acting very dumb even though they can read  and write.  

Or maybe falling under a spell can be passions of the heart where common sense is ignored due to a strong desire and want.  

I don't really know BB, I have never witnessed this type of battle with reality that I am seeing today.  History may be full of these types of examples but to be immersed in a society that has so many people believe in wild conspiracies that drives them to want to destroy the country they claim to love.  And IMO, that is exactly what they tried to do with their attempt to overturn the election.  

A side question for you.  I am of the opinion that the Christianity that some Trump supporters claim to follow is being perverted and is the opposite of the teaching in many instances.  While I am not religious by any means and am opposed to the dogmatic approach, I do believe in the fundamental message of caring for our brothers and sisters and taking care of the least among us, and without concern for borders.  Do you have any thoughts on this?  

Anyway, it's always a pleasure to talk with you.  

• Like 4

17 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Yeah, for the most part the courts were looking for any excuse to stay out of it. And not all of them were one-sided. Wisconsin Supreme Court was 4-3....

https://www.wicourts.gov/sc/opinion/DisplayDocument.pdf?content=pdf&seqNo=315395

Thanks for the link.  This ruling came out Monday, so hadn’t read it.  But some things to note:

• Lots-o-very-polarized-political-drama  surrounding the WI Supreme Court, but in briefest summary it’s a 4-3 conservative leaning court.
  • One conservative justice joined with the more liberal 3 justices* to form the majority opinion.
  • You may not like it, but laches is a thing for important reasons  – Especially when it comes to elections. (see page 6.  Laches also came up earlier in PA).
  • This lawsuit did not allege any voter fraud in Wisconsin’s election.
  • This case is a request to throw out ‘nearly a quarter million’ ballots  in the states two most democratic counties for election practices in place long before the election.  It did not seek to invalidate ballots cast anywhere else in the state (where voters were far more likely to support Trump).
  • Very unusual that the 3 minority dissenters did not tell us exactly what remedy they believe the Court should have given Trump (I suspect most any proposed remedy  would raise equal protection issues -- but that's a guess and I'm not a lawyer).
  • Even if somehow Team Trump had won and it held up to challenges, Biden would still be president with 296 electoral votes.

The analogy in the majority conclusion was quite HS football blog friendly, especially for those with a penalty flag oriented screen name.

image.png.5c5bde9c86841a4d310b267a2d29b076.png

* In a better world, there wouldn't be 'liberal judges,' 'conservative judges,' and now 'Trump judges.'  There would just be 'judges.'  Signed - Don Quixote

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Those who just believe without thinking, like we have today with those who believe Trump over all evidence to the contrary (that the mainstream media allows us to see).  I think they are acting very dumb even though they can read  and write.  

FIFY

You assume that what you hear from the MSM is the unbiased truth, when in reality, the heavily biased MSM shows you only what they want you to see, and even that, only after they spin it (or use terms that will inspire you to be sympathetic to that spin). It is all presented to you as fact, when it is usually just opinion.

The MSM, along with big tech companies, also censure any news, facts or opinions that don't agree with the narrative they would like you to believe. They will call it "hate speech," "disinformation," or "debunked." 

They will only censure conservatives, Republicans, Christians, populists, and Trump supporters.

They will never censure liberals, Democrats, globalists, progressives, China, or Muslims (unless they criticize China).

These facts alone invalidate most of your post.

11 hours ago, Newbie said:

You may think it easy to paint nationalists as nazis but there is a huge difference.  🧐

And I don’t think that any nationalist movement would have gained any steam with out a large number of that group going along because they didn’t like the current view of the US playing world police and being involved where they think we should not be. 

Instead of painting, some times it’s better to actually understand the other side instead of just calling them the devil 👿 

just saying 😷

Ps  next thing you know,  people will be saying that god is only on their side 🙄

When they start calling you Nazis, it is a reflection on their inability to make a coherent argument and not your character.  Best to ignore such tripe.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Bormio said:

When they start calling you Nazis, it is a reflection on their inability to make a coherent argument and not your character.  Best to ignore such tripe.

except for WC's Antifa love affair....

We can still call him a nazi right?

🤣

PS: Funniest thing is he ran around calling everyone  one, and when I politely explained that he was closer to the real thing he was soooooo butthurt 🤕

🤣

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Troll said:

except for WC's Antifa love affair....

We can call him a nazi right?

🤣

PS: Funniest thing is he ran around calling everyone  one, and when I politely explained that he was closer to the real thing he was soooooo butthurt 🤕

🤣

One side of the debate is anti-free speech, one side of the debate believes in public shunning over political views - but they are not Nazis.  Illiberal. Anti-freedom.  Warped.  But not Nazis.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

For the record, I, myself, never called him or anyone else who supports Trump a Nazi.

Nor did I say anything that would imply it. 

You know what you said, I know what you said, and if others read your post, they will know what you were saying.  You may think you are clever, but you are just an ass.

57 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I got a notification that you had replied to my post, but I don't see anything.

Was going to comment that newbie can be an ass sometimes, but figured it better to send a holiday card for some cheer and lighten the mood around here....you used it as example, with the accusation of smart gullible, which was the dig, "smart gullible",  I get it, but "nazi" is like napalm around here  LOLOL....🤣  look at the proof by the time I get back 🙄

Anyhooo here's the card, in case you missed it...enjoy 😁

🎅

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Troll said:

Was going to comment that newbie can be an ass sometimes, but figured it better to send a holiday card for some cheer and lighten the mood around here....you used it as example, with the accusation of smart gullible, which was the dig, "smart gullible",  I get it, but "nazi" is like napalm around here  LOLOL....🤣  look at the proof by the time I get back 🙄

Anyhooo here's the card, in case you missed it...enjoy 😁

🎅

Newbie "an ass sometimes"??....LOL...just like you!!...🤡...you need to straighten Newbie out!

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

I mean, you definitely implied it. Pretty silly to claim otherwise. 🤷‍♂️

No, I didn't.

@World Citizen claimed that the Trump supporters on this forum were dumb. 

I claimed that they weren't dumb but under the spell of an ideology, which can happen event to very smart people. I appealed to Nazis as an example to support the claim. 

The fact that appeals to Leninists or Stalinists or Maoists would work just as well but wouldn't imply that Trump supporters were Nazis should be all the evidence you need to grasp that what I said carries no such implication, unless you think a person could be a fascist and a Communist at the same time.

I can't tell whether your reply counts in favor of @World Citizen's claim or mine. 

12 hours ago, Troll said:

We got hit with some snow yesterday, though it's not quite as scenic outside.