The greatest exercise in futility in history is occurring right now..

badrouter

NewsMax reports that Trump has gained 11 votes and Biden has lost 1 after an election audit in MI.

https://www.newsmax.com/politics/michigan-trump-biden-election/2020/12/17/id/1002140/

"There was a concern that voting machines were dramatically flipping votes from Trump to Biden," according to NewsMax. 

But it turns out that the machines were not flipping votes quite as dramatically as people feared. 

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

You should probably pause, and make up your mind if you're going to discuss semantic or logical implications. You seem to either have confused yourself again, or are trying to do both simultaneously. 🤣

You're not going to catch up by reading wikipedia. 

Maybe you have conversational implicature in mind, but I doubt you've read Grice, because if you had, you'd realize that it's not going to help you here. 

34 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You're not going to catch up by reading wikipedia. 

Maybe you have conversational implicature in mind, but I doubt you've read Grice, because if you had, you'd realize that it's not going to help you here. 

LOL...you're the one confusing them, dude. Not me. 🤷‍♂️

3 hours ago, zulu1128 said:

LOL...you're the one confusing them, dude. Not me. 🤷‍♂️

This is funny.

I introduced the distinction above. I said the implication might be in the semantic content of what I wrote, to which you replied, "The semantic content isn't really relevant to there being an implication. The fact that you chose the term creates the implication in and of itself. That's how the definition works."

Now you're saying that I'm confusing logical implication with what you're embarrassingly calling "semantic implication," but what you really want to talk about is conversational implicature, which is different.

If you want, we can work through Grice's conversational maxims together.

8 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

This is funny.

I introduced the distinction above. I said the implication might be in the semantic content of what I wrote, to which you replied, "The semantic content isn't really relevant to there being an implication. The fact that you chose the term creates the implication in and of itself. That's how the definition works."

Now you're saying that I'm confusing logical implication with what you're embarrassingly calling "semantic implication," but what you really want to talk about to is conversational implicature, which is different.

Don't sweat it.....he tried talking "fishing" with me. lol

I'm out....

31 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

This is funny.

Now you're saying that I'm confusing logical implication with what you're embarrassingly calling "semantic implication," but what you really want to talk about to is conversational implicature, which is different.

Not gonna lie...it's tempting to just sit here and watch you continue twisting yourself into a pretzel over this. 

Again, sorry for calling out your derp and upsetting you. Have a great rest of your day. 

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

Poster compares Trump supporters to Nazis, and then writes 10,000 words to say he was misunderstood.  An early Christmas gift.

That's not in dispute. 

What's in dispute is whether what I wrote implied that Trump supporters are Nazis. 

To compare x to y isn't to imply that x is y. 

Merry Christmas.