Georgia Round 4 HSFB Playoffs

FootballGuy

1 minute ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Colquitt minus their starting qb still made it to rd. 3. That really wasn't disappointing imo. 

Carry on with your weird agenda that really doesn't show great football acumen. It just looks kind of sad as you suck up to teams like that. Really kinda 🤮 tbh.

Colquitt with Xavier was a likely state championship team. If Grayson lost Cali kid tonight, I might would take Collins Hill over them in the ship. 

Grayson without Garcia vs Collins Hills without Horn. 

Colquitt minus their starting qb still made it to rd. 3. That really wasn't disappointing imo. 

Carry on with your weird agenda that really doesn't show great football acumen. It just looks kind of sad as you suck up to teams like that. Really kinda 🤮 tbh.

Colquitt with Xavier was a likely state championship team. If Grayson lost Cali kid tonight, I might would take Collins Hill over them in the ship. 

This is every top tiers dilemma 

join the Elite that escape our ultimate goal 😩

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Grayson without Garcia vs Collins Hills without Horn. 

Its a cruise in for Grayson and the super transfer. 

One damn thing though. There won't be any more of the bullshit that the Garcias and Borders etc. pulled happening again. 

Better have the shit right first time by in the future. 

• Thanks 1

Its a cruise in for Grayson and the super transfer. 

One damn thing though. There won't be any more of the bullshit that the Garcias and Borders etc. pulled happening again. 

Better have the shit right first time by in the future. 

Thing is Garcia wouldve been fine at Valdosta if they where 100% honest to begin with. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

This is every top tiers dilemma 

join the Elite that escape our ultimate goal 😩

I was honestly surprised that we were looking as good as we did early with the second string qb in. Gave a false hope tbh. Rd. 2 in the playoffs let me know we were in trouble. We may have made it to the semis had we won the toss for rd. 3 but the show would have been over tonight either way without Xavier. 

C'est la vie 

• Like 1

I was honestly surprised that we were looking as good as we did early with the second string qb in. Gave a false hope tbh. Rd. 2 in the playoffs let me know we were in trouble. We may have made it to the semis had we won the toss for rd. 3 but the show would have been over tonight either way without Xavier. 

C'est la vie 

My stories are longer 

good night 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Thing is Garcia wouldve been fine at Valdosta if they where 100% honest to begin with. 

Idk 100% about that. I think some documentation was obviously falsified. The moms ESPN story did not jive with the paperwork and coach about a bona fide move. Idk why they tried to be slick with it down there. He could have become eligible once whatever criteria the met for Grayson got met at Valdosta apparently. 

Valdosta cruises to the 6A title if not for that dirty stuff and Grayson likely loses tonight to Norcross because they wouldn't have had Garcia. That stuff created a whole series of events including a rules change. 

Idk 100% about that. I think some documentation was obviously falsified. The moms ESPN story did not jive with the paperwork and coach about a bona fide move. Idk why they tried to be slick with it down there. He could have become eligible once whatever criteria the met for Grayson got met at Valdosta apparently. 

Valdosta cruises to the 6A title if not for that dirty stuff and Grayson likely loses tonight to Norcross because they wouldn't have had Garcia. That stuff created a whole series of events including a rules change. 

Grayson probably loses 2/3 games if they didn't have Garcia. 

48 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Now hold up. 

This was Rush first year back in Action. 

Idk what happened with Colquit...  the offense just decided not to show up in the end of the season for some reason. 

Lowndes also don't know. 

But this is not a regular occurrence this is an off year. 

Gsb is a fool he has no idea about football on the national level. 

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

No, the charter buses are parked to the rear of the lot, too dark to see right off. 

bgw

Football team rode the blue birds. Rush said that's what he likes. Cats fans rode charters. Lowndes send starters and back ups on charters and the rest on the blue birds. Lowndes fans rode charters.

• Thanks 1

I dont think Colquitt even organized any fan buses this season due to covid risk. 

Team pretty much rode yellow school buses everywhere the last few years. I do know that Rush said if we had ever made another 5+ hour trip like to Hoover it would have to be on charters. Other than that I don't think the team rode any charters. 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Now hold up. 

This was Rush first year back in Action. 

Idk what happened with Colquit...  the offense just decided not to show up in the end of the season for some reason. 

Lowndes also don't know. 

But this is not a regular occurrence this is an off year. 

Here is a big excuse thread post. xD

Colquitt simply lost their starting qb and it caused issues with offensive scheme/identity without enough time to change successfully. 

Our line was good, but not great. Xavier's wheels made them look really good as the game started slowing down for him and he started understanding the reads. He was becoming deadly all the way around before suffering that knee injury. 

Zane needed a great line to protect him for the amount of time he wanted to hold the ball. He is pretty accurate but is good for an interception per game and potential to fumble if he runs much. I can't say how good Zane would have been at years end had he been the starter all season though. Potentially really good. Potentially hurt with the good but not great line. 

Thats honest opinion. 

Our backs were superb. Even with a good/not great line. Smaller but shifty, fast and tough. They could not make the adjustment to shorter strides that were needed to play on a bad field. I chalk it to muscle memory. On field turf you can make long first strides pushing off and getting to full speed in two steps. On dirt, short piston type strokes and a more gradual and powerful build up to speed is what was needed. 

Stupid Tift. 🤬 

Got our qb. Haha

Came to see what everyone had to say.  It has been about what I expected.  Here's what I saw.  They said we couldn't run up the middle against Norcross.  We did and did it without Phil.  They said we wouldn't complete passes against the Norcross secondary.  We did.  We didn't have our best game for sure.  I noticed Jake limping early and he appeared to come back with his ankle taped.  I know nothing past that.  He had a couple of interceptions.  They said we wouldn't be able to contain the Norcross rush.  We did. They said Norcross would torch our secondary.  They didn't.

Not our best game but certainly not our worst.  We were up against a tough team and we beat them in the trenches and for the most part in the the air.  The bottom line is we won and shut Norcross out.  I'll take that all day long and twice on Sunday.

Now it is on to an all Gwinnett big boy state championship against a real good team.  It isn't a sure thing at all but I have to say I'm just so glad to be going.  We will see how the championship plays out.  To those that said we didn't have it and couldn't do it, so far we have.  Now for one more game.  MTP and GA96, I guess we don't get that rematch after all.