Texas UIL Football 1A - 6A

SeaShells21

• SeaShells21 changed the title to Texas UIL State 5A | 6A Semifinals - Duncanville 27 vs. Carroll 34 🏈 | 4th - 3:05
  • SeaShells21 changed the title to Texas UIL State 5A | 6A Semifinals - Duncanville 27 vs. Carroll 34 🏈 | 4th - :50
  • SeaShells21 changed the title to Texas UIL State 5A | 6A Semifinals - Duncanville 27 vs. Southlake Carroll 34 | Final
41 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Sounds like the mostly white teams are in areas that are newer and or seeing a huge growth in population.  Do you think its because of all the tech companies moving into the area?

They have some really good coaching there in those affluent areas. Another thing i noticed in teams like slc,lt,westlake and most of the affluent austin teams is they put alot of emphasis on the kicking game. Team from my area lost to liberty hill (mostly white area) which is right outside of austin last week due to missing 4 kicks. Score was 53-56. You will rarely see those teams have bad kicking games. where im from the worst teams usually the best kickers/punters in the area.  The good teams from my area never really focus on kicking or will always have like a wr/qb doing the kicking or just a really bad kicker

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Texasvic said:

They have some really good coaching there in those affluent areas. Another thing i noticed in teams like slc,lt,westlake and most of the affluent austin teams is they put alot of emphasis on the kicking game. Team from my area lost to liberty hill (mostly white area) which is right outside of austin last week due to missing 4 kicks. Score was 53-56. You will rarely see those teams have bad kicking games. where im from the worst teams usually the best kickers/punters in the area.  The good teams from my area never really focus on kicking or will always have like a wr/qb doing the kicking or just a really bad kicker

Sharyland Pioneer? Sharyland is actually the most affluent area in that area of the state. But I agree, football teams from areas such as aforementioned tend to have really good kicking game.

• Like 1

Very excited for this Southlake Carroll vs Austin Westlake matchup. They were originally supposed to be the season opener for each other this year but covid had other plans. The coaching staff for both teams know each other very well and are close friends. They know each other exceptionally well on both sides of the ball. Should be interesting. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’m kind of at a loss for words.

I could only describe all of this as:

Crazy Town BANANA PANTS!! 🥳🤩

A quote from the great Greg Tepper

Welcome to high school football 😀

when you have a playoff system like you do and closely the same as GA & OH you will certainly get these results😀 

Cheer up we got you covered

• Like 3

Westlake & Lake Travis are right next to each other, both have money but Lake Travis has the bigger area & just has really nice homes on the cliffs on  Lake Travis & Lake Austin  ..WL has them to but on a river that is  called a lake....Lake Austin....really the Colorado River that has 6 lakes that climb in elevation going west of Austin

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, WILKINSON said:

Sharyland Pioneer? Sharyland is actually the most affluent area in that area of the state. But I agree, football teams from areas such as aforementioned tend to have really good kicking game.

Yes it is the most affluent part but its a different kind of demographic even compared to the rest of the rgv, alot of the money there is foreign money. Not the same kind of money  is put into the programs like it is up north. The Culture is changing down here and the teams are getting better slowly but most of the good teams down here neglect the kicking game. The valley is different, the bad teams will have good kickers/punters. The valley is like opposite of the northern part of texas when it comes to random things

• SeaShells21 changed the title to Texas UIL Football 1A - 6A