Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

KoolingGrew

Hi,

How is everyone doing? I hope you guys are all well this Christmas season. It's almost here and yet, some are still living in lockdown places trying to make sense of this pandemic.

Tbh, I've been feeling anxious this past few weeks and I want to reward myself for surviving this situation so far. I'm sure most of us here would love a reward for ourselves. 

So tell me, what would be the best gift you can give to yourself this Christmas? I plan on buying me a pup since I live alone, how about you? :) 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, KoolingGrew said:

I'm choosing between a husky or a beagle, both being sold by friends, I'm also asking friends to help me decide which of the two is better for me and my lifestyle, I don't want to put stress on the pup so I need to learn more about what the pup needs before deciding.

I think Beagles have separation anxiety so if you are gone for long periods of time the husky might be better. But husky’s fare better in colder climates so if you live in a warm weather state, that could be an issue 

27 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I think Beagles have separation anxiety so if you are gone for long periods of time the husky might be better. But husky’s fare better in colder climates so if you live in a warm weather state, that could be an issue 

I'm living in a warm weather, that's why air conditioner is dog's bestfriend here too lol.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Breeders ? Boooooo . I’m a proud member of the North shore animal rescue league  in Brooklyn, rescued a Rotty and all my Labs from there, except my last dog I got a pure bred Lab from a gut that turned out to be a Hound 

Pay up front or pay later.... I pointed to a premier breeder here in the southeast. Outstanding temperament and disposition.... show dog quality. 

I have a rescue Weimaraner... some rescues have behavioral issues like the Weimaraner does. You have to run him at least 5 miles before he begins to pant. That pent up energy will turn into destroyed furniture etc. I do that 3-4 days a week. Separation anxiety but will lay down in the truck quietly and not touch anything just chill no problem  

Rescued pits, border collies and rotties and trained out the behavioral issues and properly socialized. 

As I said, pay now or pay later... it’s the thing to do rescues and puppy mill problems and the snooty assholes that think that’s getting them validated or social approval in most cases don’t know their ass from a hole in the ground as far as raising dogs. 

bgw

9 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Pay up front or pay later.... I pointed to a premier breeder here in the southeast.

bgw

Good advise. but works both ways....

There's good and bad breeders, and there's good and bad rescue.

Def DO your homework and GO reputable

You can be golden or horror show either way 🤷‍♂️

For everyone....We had our first good snow today, So it is a White (before) Christmas LOL...

Since some people are already celebrating their Holidays 🥳 here's my video card for the forum.

A little dog walk in the Snow today....😁 enjoy...

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, KoolingGrew said:

I'd love to have different choices but I only got two choices as both my friends are giving me discounts for the two. But I agree with you @BUFORDGAWOLVES rottweilers are a really good breeds for a good companion (based on reviews). 

Both are “working” class breeds, they’ll need appropriate activity. The rescue Weimaraner I have requires incredible amount of physical activity. I run him on my bicycle 3-4 times a week 3-5 miles; he’s a smaller Weimaraner built like an well fed greyhound. Pics of Blue tracking a bird. 
Really sweet disposition, separation anxiety issues resulting in property destruction, previous owners didn’t know what to do; overtraining with e-collar, excessive crating 12-14 hours a day due to barking. But so far Blue is beginning to “smooth” out pretty nice. 
Forget regular chew toys, hard plastics and chew bones only everything else is destroyed in minutes. 
Very intelligent, responsive, eager to please. Couldn’t be happier with Blue. 

You can go rescue route like @imaGoodBoyNowdoes, but know the breed and the training involved. Huskies and beagles I have no experience with either. 

Good luck,

bgw

A477F4DA-8CD5-40FB-BF02-1942932F10AB.jpeg

8BD3B57B-4E35-4E6D-8664-5D9621E2DDD7.jpeg

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Both are “working” class breeds, they’ll need appropriate activity. The rescue Weimaraner I have requires incredible amount of physical activity. I run him on my bicycle 3-4 times a week 3-5 miles; he’s a smaller Weimaraner built like an well fed greyhound. Pics of Blue tracking a bird. 
Really sweet disposition, separation anxiety issues resulting in property destruction, previous owners didn’t know what to do; overtraining with e-collar, excessive crating 12-14 hours a day due to barking. But so far Blue is beginning to “smooth” out pretty nice. 
Forget regular chew toys, hard plastics and chew bones only everything else is destroyed in minutes. 

You can go rescue route like @imaGoodBoyNowdoes, but know the breed and the training involved. Huskies and beagles I have no experience with either. 

Good luck,

bgw

Rescued a rotty but I work way to much , come home and my stairs , couch legs and piano is eaten, uncle who’s retired and is a hiker , his dog had died , so I gave him mine , BEST DOG he’s ever had he says,   

I got a BeagleDor , he’s really good dog except he’s a scumbag sharing food with other dogs and if your walking him and he sees a squirrel or rabbit, he absolutely goes awol, and will chase that animal for miles, I can’t even count how many times I’ve lost that dog

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Rescued a rotty but I work way to much , come home and my stairs , couch legs and piano is eaten, uncle who’s retired and is a hiker , his dog had died , so I gave him mine , BEST DOG he’s ever had he says,   

I got a BeagleDor , he’s really good dog except he’s a scumbag sharing food with other dogs and if your walking him and he sees a squirrel or rabbit, he absolutely goes awol, and will chase that animal for miles, I can’t even count how many times I’ve lost that dog

Rottie needed your uncle and your uncle needed the rottie....

Happy to see that worked out.

Beagles are hunting dogs, no? 

What's a BeagleDor?

bgw

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Rottie needed your uncle and your uncle needed the rottie....

Happy to see that worked out.

Beagles are hunting dogs, no? 

What's a BeagleDor?

bgw

Beagle Labrador mutt

hes not a hunting dog, he’s a pussy and lazy, just he likes chasing shit, he gets close and flinches when the animal moves ,

AE710A10-3D5D-4867-B584-9D32399E94D5.jpeg

• Haha 5

4 minutes ago, maxchoboian said:

Please tell me that is some sort of drug parphernalia appartus you use, and that the dog doesn't suffer from sleep apnea.

😂 Na sometimes it’s good to breathe In clean air after digesting and breathing Smokey smoke and Silica dust all day

lol Jk that’s just Poppa Dukes Cpap machine 

16 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Both are “working” class breeds, they’ll need appropriate activity. The rescue Weimarner I have requires incredible amount of physical activity. I run him on my bicycle 3-4 times a week 3-5 miles; he’s a smaller Weimaraner built like an well fed greyhound. Pics of Blue tracking a bird. 

Good luck,

bgw

A rescue of this breed... I’ve give my hat to you. I raised goldens and rots my entire life. When both passed in the last year do to age I went a different angle for the first time. Did my study and paid big bucks for a vizsla crazy smart hyper pup. How she is for me is perfect, trying to get the wife and kids on board on what she needs. Sharp dog but puppy stage has been something I’ve never delt with. Time and I’ll correct her. 

42766E5D-ADA7-4A29-BBD6-F256F9C62E60.jpeg

D47CEFE4-5795-4BEA-B4BF-ADB2C7FCD113.jpeg

DB635114-9063-42EE-9109-86228B9D7B2B.jpeg

73950310-56AC-4BF1-8F55-6436EEF27CD2.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, CardinalTruth said:

A rescue of this breed... I’ve give my hat to you. I raised goldens and rots my entire life. When both passed in the last year do to age I went a different angle for the first time. Did my study and paid big bucks for a vizsla crazy smart hyper pup. How she is for me is perfect, trying to get the wife and kids on board on what she needs. Sharp dog but puppy stage has been something I’ve never delt with. Time and I’ll correct her. 

42766E5D-ADA7-4A29-BBD6-F256F9C62E60.jpeg

D47CEFE4-5795-4BEA-B4BF-ADB2C7FCD113.jpeg

DB635114-9063-42EE-9109-86228B9D7B2B.jpeg

73950310-56AC-4BF1-8F55-6436EEF27CD2.jpeg

She’s a doll! Personality out the ying  yang it looks like. Lean as hell too. 

Good looking pup!

bgw

• Like 1

23 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Good luck,

bgw

beautiful dog!...Weimaraner are great hunting dogs...big, strong dogs who can run all day! I know a couple of guys in my hunting club who own them.

• Thanks 1