Do you have a gift for yourself this Christmas?

KoolingGrew

On 12/19/2020 at 12:33 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Beagle Labrador mutt

hes not a hunting dog, he’s a pussy and lazy, just he likes chasing shit, he gets close and flinches when the animal moves ,

AE710A10-3D5D-4867-B584-9D32399E94D5.jpeg

I won't say no if my pup do this to me, I'll start rubbing her furry chest until she fall asleep! 

Btw, I've stumbled on this page in hopes of finding an answer for being this anxious and it discusses how I can come up with different solutions to my problem. I'll be glad to leave it here for everyone to take time and read. Merry Christmas.  https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVhQGFO7yxr3cTh1PGYWf6rPRmaJys6QOt1d3iFEsU7OXYg_Ly1BL4BoCBA8QAvD_BwE

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Best gift I could give myself....? A coma, wake me up when next September ends? Okay, that was too dark. Uhh. New shoes. Despite living in rainy place, I don't have proper waterproof shoes. I have some rain resistant casual boots, but those aren't good for puddles, and I ripped the zipper pull off one of them somehow. I kinda need shoes to go biking, and really could use it for walking around town in rain, or going hiking when there is anything moist around. So yeah, okay. Minis, biking/walking rain gear including shoes.

Honestly I'm just hoping people don't go nuts over the holidays with gatherings. I'm fried. It isn't the isolation as much as witnessing the idiocy around me and within my family that is hurting the most.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MJames said:

Best gift I could give myself....? A coma, wake me up when next September ends? Okay, that was too dark. Uhh. New shoes. Despite living in rainy place, I don't have proper waterproof shoes. I have some rain resistant casual boots, but those aren't good for puddles, and I ripped the zipper pull off one of them somehow. I kinda need shoes to go biking, and really could use it for walking around town in rain, or going hiking when there is anything moist around. So yeah, okay. Minis, biking/walking rain gear including shoes.

Honestly I'm just hoping people don't go nuts over the holidays with gatherings. I'm fried. It isn't the isolation as much as witnessing the idiocy around me and within my family that is hurting the most.

Oh boy what fun 😆. Mr I don’t know a soul here who suggested therapy for everyone else in his very first post 👍 is back to try and give everyone else lessons on life 🤣

Sooooo fellow newb where are you getting 🌧 rained on now and who’s your favorite HS football 🏈 team 👌

🍿

On 12/25/2020 at 4:25 AM, DBP66 said:

Brought myself a nice fishing reel...now I have to look at it for 3 months waiting to use it!

I've always wanted  to go fishing at some point and experience the excitement of having your first catch! Though I'm not sure if I ever get to do it as I don't know anyone who fish that could teach me.

5 hours ago, KoolingGrew said:

I've always wanted  to go fishing at some point and experience the excitement of having your first catch! Though I'm not sure if I ever get to do it as I don't know anyone who fish that could teach me.

ask around...I'm sure you'll find someone to take you...I got "hooked" on fishing as a kid...it's very relaxing and rewarding when you know what you're doing. If you ever make it to N.Y. I'll take you out on my lake...😉

• Thanks 1

On 12/24/2020 at 5:17 PM, KoolingGrew said:

I won't say no if my pup do this to me, I'll start rubbing her furry chest until she fall asleep! 

Btw, I've stumbled on this page in hopes of finding an answer for being this anxious and it discusses how I can come up with different solutions to my problem. I'll be glad to leave it here for everyone to take time and read. Merry Christmas.  https://www.who.int/campaigns/connecting-the-world-to-combat-coronavirus/healthyathome?gclid=CjwKCAiAz4b_BRBbEiwA5XlVVhQGFO7yxr3cTh1PGYWf6rPRmaJys6QOt1d3iFEsU7OXYg_Ly1BL4BoCBA8QAvD_BwE

WHO does pack some advice from their articles. The link you shared had it all. Thanks for sharing.

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Not Christmas but got a lil baked going to Home Depot and went on a shopping spree for no reason 

6E9DADC7-970D-4691-B2F8-25F078DA3466.jpeg

Can’t believe you don’t already have a 20volt combo. I’ve had that for prob 2 years and use the shit out of them they’re great. That Sawzall is nice. I’m a Dewalt guy, but Milwaukee is probably a better product.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

Can’t believe you don’t already have a 20volt combo. I’ve had that for prob 2 years and use the shit out of them they’re great. That Sawzall is nice. I’m a Dewalt guy, but Milwaukee is probably a better product.

Ya i learned u can tell a lot about a guy by his tools, if you got Dewalt or Milwaukee you know your shit, if you got ryobi tools, I will not work for you or neither will I hire you for any jobs, if you got snapon your creme dele creame and got mad time in

that being said I got a dewalt package years ago and thier on their last legs so it’s time to scale up ,  just got my Stimmy check so I had to get something with it,

that Milwaukee sawzall is bad ass , the battery for it is like $300 by itself so I went with the corded, shits a beast, cut threw a cast iron tub like Butta 🧈 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ya i learned u can tell a lot about a guy by his tools, if you got Dewalt or Milwaukee you know your shit, if you got ryobi tools, I will not work for you or neither will I hire you for any jobs, if you got snapon your creme dele creame and got mad time in

that being said I got a dewalt package years ago and thier on their last legs so it’s time to scale up ,  just got my Stimmy check so I had to get something with it,

that Milwaukee sawzall is bad ass , the battery for it is like $300 by itself so I went with the corded, shits a beast, cut threw a cast iron tub like Butta 🧈 

I just got a corded Dewalt Sawzall for Christmas, honestly would rather have a corded for the Sawzall for around the house.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Not Christmas but got a lil baked going to Home Depot and went on a shopping spree for no reason 

6E9DADC7-970D-4691-B2F8-25F078DA3466.jpeg

Nice, very nice.... I went off DeWalt cordless for battery issues.... use Ryobi cuz I’m still pissed about the DeWalt. Even though spend the same tossing the Ryobi batteries.  Used Bosch and like it a lot, Milwaukee is old school and very good... my dad got me started with Milwaukee. 

DeWalt chop saws (2), Bosch table saw, Festool rail saw, Milwaukee circulars, Bosch jigs, Milwaukee recips (2), Makita beam saw 16” blade... still got a fuckload of tools.... let my 16’ cargo trailer with rack and 16’ tandem with shit ton of  tools go cheap. 

Label all your shit, better yet engrave it. 

bgw

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Cossacks said:

I just got a corded Dewalt Sawzall for Christmas, honestly would rather have a corded for the Sawzall for around the house.

11 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Nice, very nice.... I went off DeWalt cordless for battery issues.... use Ryobi cuz I’m still pissed about the DeWalt. Even though spend the same tossing the Ryobi batteries.  Used Bosch and like it a lot, Milwaukee is old school and very good... my dad got me started with Milwaukee. 

DeWalt chop saws (2), Bosch table saw, Festool rail saw, Milwaukee circulars, Bosch jigs, Milwaukee recips (2), Makita beam saw 16” blade... still got a fuckload of tools.... let my 16’ cargo trailer with rack and 16’ tandem with shit ton of  tools go cheap. 

Label all your shit, better yet engrave it. 

bgw

I wanna go all Milwaukee eventually when jobs start picking up

but I needed an impact driver for something  so instead of just the impact for $99 I got 2 batteries and impact and a regular drill for $150

the sawzall kills my batteries so quick, over heats bad then you can’t charge the battery until it cools down and then even when I charge it, it dies 15 mins of run time, rather walk around with an extension cord then having to wait all day for the batteries to recharge 

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

but I needed an impact driver for something  so instead of just the impact for $99 I got 2 batteries and impact and a regular drill for $150

the sawzall kills my batteries so quick, over heats bad then you can’t charge the battery until it cools down and then even when I charge it, it dies 15 mins of run time, rather walk around with an extension cord then having to wait all day for the batteries to recharge 

Yeah Milwaukee is really good. For what I need just doing shit around the house Dewalt works for me. I’ve been slowly transitioning all my tools over. That impact /drill combo is great I have used the shit out of both, they work great. The only Dewalt tool I hate is my little 20 volt 6 1/2 cordless circular saw. It is crap for whatever reason and binds like shit. I got a corded circular saw as well. For around the house with electrify I’ll take extension cords and more power for sure.

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Yep, it’s good for quick shit.... I have a 13 amp heavy duty Milwaukee ricep for bigger shit and a lighter one that works well especially working off ladders.  
And a piece shit Ryobi cordless i use on occasion. Some contractors swear by cordless with circs and stuff but I use cordless impacts, a corded drill for repetitive station work. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Bosch, Festool is the best and the priciest, Makita, Milwaukee those four are my go to. DeWalt on a 10” and 12” chop saw only because that’s what I started with years ago.... still has the original belt on the 12” slider chop saw. 

The Germans (Bosch, Festool) and Japanese (Makita, Hitachi) build really nice shit. I only use Hitachi for framing nailers. RolAir compressors... look around go to auctions and get it cheap, Depot/Lowe’s box stores are decent if you need it now. Contractor stores like Kentec are good and do repairs. Online is a good route if you know what you’re looking for and you used somebody’s tools and liked the way it performs. Tool belts are pricey... I use Occidental, there’s another outfit out of Indiana really good shit but $350 and up.... forgot the name of the outfit. All the top contractors are rolling with their bags......Diamondback tool bags. 

DeWalt is or was glorified Black and Decker.... but I’m happy with the DeWalt chop saws. 

Fuckin’ hell, talking tools on the OT.

Hahaha. 

bgw

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bosch, Festool is the best and the priciest, Makita, Milwaukee those four are my go to. DeWalt on a 10” and 12” chop saw only because that’s what I started with years ago.... still has the original belt on the 12” slider chop saw. 

The Germans (Bosch, Festool) and Japanese (Makita, Hitachi) build really nice shit. I only use Hitachi for framing nailers. RolAir compressors... look around go to auctions and get it cheap, Depot/Lowe’s box stores are decent if you need it now. Contractor stores like Kentec are good and do repairs. Online is a good route if you know what you’re looking for and you used somebody’s tools and liked the way it performs. Tool belts are pricey... I use Occidental, there’s another outfit out of Indiana really good shit but $350 and up.... forgot the name of the outfit. All the top contractors are rolling with their bags......Diamondback tool bags. 

DeWalt is or was glorified Black and Decker.... but I’m happy with the DeWalt chop saws. 

Fuckin’ hell, talking tools on the OT.

Hahaha. 

bgw

B&D did buy Dewalt years ago I believe. Think the product has gone down a bit but for a hack like me around the house they are good price point and product. My buddies in the trades are Makita, Bosch and Hilti fans 

• Thanks 1

Just now, Cossacks said:

B&D did buy Dewalt years ago I believe. Think the product has gone down a bit but for a hack like me around the house they are good price point and product. My buddies in the trades are Makita, Bosch and Hilti fans 

Yeah, yeah, yeah Hilti. That’s a badass product line. Serious stuff. We always say “hilti” but it was powder actuated ramset. Hahahaha. 

Hilti.... And Max compression tools those are lighter nailers but operate off 120 psi... I ran out of time to get that level of tools. It makes a difference carrying lighter higher performance tools around that are versatile. 

bgw

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Yeah, yeah, yeah Hilti. That’s a badass product line. Serious stuff. We always say “hilti” but it was powder actuated ramset. Hahahaha. 

Hilti.... And Max compression tools those are lighter nailers but operate off 120 psi... I ran out of time to get that level of tools. It makes a difference carrying lighter higher performance tools around that are versatile. 

bgw

You hear that @imaGoodBoyNowyour barometer of success will be when you hit the Hilti market.

You went up from the Forsh team (Ryobli etc.) and have made the jump to the JV’s with your tool line (Milwaukee etc). Next stop the varsity and a huge fleet of them box trucks as well.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

You hear that @imaGoodBoyNowyour barometer of success will be when you hit the Hilti market.

You went up from the Forsh team (Ryobli etc.) and have made the jump to the JV’s with your tool line (Milwaukee etc). Next stop the varsity and a huge fleet of them box trucks as well.

Yeah or got pissed at a product line and went  jv with Ryobi!

On the max tools it operates at 200 psi and you have to buy the whole line... nailers, hoses, fittings and compressor s but you can mail off steel studs to concrete as well as stick framing . Versatile and lightweight. 

bgw

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Cossacks said:

First off I’m not polish or a plumber so I won’t be buying Bosch anytime soon

That and hilti are way above my pay grade, I do unskilled shit, so I don’t need no crazy ass tools... 

I don’t even know y I bought a box truck, just to load and unload that shit is gonna be a pain in the ass, I got it just to say I got it, maybe hotbox a few times and keep my tools and scrap metal in it

• Haha 2