Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

I know better than to ask....hahahaha. 

bgw

Some people do. 

I admit to having strong opinions on fair play and what the governing body should be doing to achieve it. 

I'm not alone in that for sure. I just don't generally harp on it daily like some others. I prefer my team to just get better. Makes it all the more sweet when you can take the trophy home from a team that carries the stigma like a lot of the metro schools do. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Gwinnett is growing fast and the HS zones are ever shifting. Outside of Buford how are you gonna actually stop it... 

I exclude Buford because they're open enrollment

Buford is open enrollment but the powers that be meter those applications and I don’t think that’s changed. However if you move into the city you’re good to go. 

bgw

14 minutes ago, ngdawg said:

Why is it so hard to grow up in one place? Stop building superteams.

Time. A lot of times these student athletes don't have time for a program to get better. So, seeing that they're on fixed time, they gotta do what they gotta do sometimes. This type of stuff only matters when a player's name holds weight. If you're a nobody (I say that lightly), then no one would care if you transferred to the best school in the area. We gotta be consistent when it comes to this type of shit. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

Time. A lot of times these student athletes don't have time for a program to get better. So, seeing that they're on fixed time, they gotta do what they gotta do sometimes. This type of stuff only matters when a player's name holds weight. If you're a nobody (I say that lightly), then no one would care if you transferred to the best school in the area. We gotta be consistent when it comes to this type of shit. 

This is true. It kind of only matters when it makes a team better and its obvious. 

Also when the same students are doing it every year. 

Transferring among public schools for extracurricular activities is an issue. Just being honest. Its gotta be frowned on and curtailed as best as it can be to keep competitive equity. 

4 minutes ago, FootballGuy said:

I say at this point let everyone play by the same rules. 

5 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true. It kind of only matters when it makes a team better and its obvious. 

Also when the same students are doing it every year. 

Transferring among public schools for extracurricular activities is an issue. Just being honest. Its gotta be frowned on and curtailed as best as it can be to keep competitive equity. 

I understand where you're coming from, but as far as the competitive equity part, I'm not sure if every school in Georgia are doing what they need to do in order to keep and/or attract talent without recruiting. There's an internal issue for a lot of these schools....causing them to be stagnant or lose talent. That's on them at this point. 

1 minute ago, FootballGuy said:

I understand where you're coming from, but as far as the competitive equity part, I'm not sure if every school in Georgia are doing what they need to do in order to keep and/or attract talent without recruiting. There's an internal issue for a lot of these schools....causing them to be stagnant or lose talent. That's on them at this point. 

They truly aren't. There is always going to be teams that rise with great coaching for periods of time. That can't be changed really. The idea is to stop impropriety and at least create a realistic illusion that we're investigating appearances of or accusations of it when it arises. 

Transfers are going to happen. They are normal for most schools statewide. High profile athletic transfers are going to deservedly get extra scrutiny because of the very reasons you have mentioned before, that people do it intentionally to better their chances at championships. 

We all can see when a high profile kid is moving to improve shots at a title. We can pretend its to make them better all we want, but, they got to be high profile before transferring, so, I fail to see how it improves them as a person or player to do it over and over. 

We all can also see how some schools seem to be magnets for continuing this type of activity. They deservedly should get extra scrutiny. Its a natural occurrence to want extra scrutiny for those schools. 

• Like 1