Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

On 1/1/2021 at 12:49 AM, HawgGoneIt said:

They were privileged enough to be able to move schools five times bro. From one side of the country all the way to the other. Idk why you always take the wrong side of moral arguments

What they did was wrong and lacked character. The excuses matter none at all. 

Are you serious?

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

It is a zoo in Metro, too many moving parts and factors to each and everyone of those moving parts.

Some of it is downright bullshit. 

bgw

I know this is true. I agree with Fred that someone from Moultrie that spends little time in the metro can't fully understand the goings on up there. 

I say... I don't need to understand the goings on to sniff out bullshit. When we see some bullshit, we need to be calling it out and holding the GHSA feet to the fire. 

There are of course rules that benefit rural schools more than metro schools due to lack of transient population, the start in 8th grade rule being one. However, there are far more rules and loopholes that help the metro schools as far as team stacking and transfers. 

My thing is sort of political in way, so, I want to be careful here, but, its truth. Public education, and its school systems are a social project. We are all contributing to education for the greater good of everyone. We are witnessing some member schools support or turn a blind eye to particular families and other member schools taking advantage of this. Basically opportunists that actually have the ways and means to buy an education somewhere on their own are taking advantage of the social system and we are seeing the GHSA basically allow it because of the attitude that "we can understand why parents would do it." They can understand why parents with the ways and means to do something would shit on all of those that don't have those means. 

I feel like a spotlight needs to be placed on this attitude, the people and systems that are proliferating it and the governing body that is allowing it. 

• Thanks 1

5 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

This is true. No coach, school or program is free from sin 100 percent. Its far too easy to see others doing something and say "well if they can, we can too." 

I feel like the entirety of the GHSA is polluted or convoluted by the metro area schools wants. The idea that it's ok to shit on everyone because "we can understand why" parents do what they do, is troubling to me. I totally thought that was why we had rules and a governing body, in order to keep it fair and that out of the system. It turns out to be that we have rules to give an illusion apparently. The problem for the GHSA is that the illusion is fading away with each one of these very high profile deals that don't exactly pass the smell test. 

The problem with your train of thought is that the metro schools are far outweighed in number by the non metro schools.  If the rest of the state wanted something changed, they could get it changed.  It is the same thing with the argument that north Georgia gets what it wants at the expense of south Georgia.  There are way more schools in mid and south Georgia than in north Georgia.  Sure the north Georgia schools have more students but they tend to be in much larger schools and it is a per school vote not based on attendance.  I mean look at how they got together and separated 1A public from 1A privates.  If they want it done bad enough it can be made to happen.

Heck, if I understand it right your team benefited from a couple of transfers.  Your QB during the undefeated run never lived in the attendance district for Colquitt Co but because he started in Colquitt schools when he was in the 8th grade it was okay since he was in the system when he entered high school.  Doesn't break the rule but doesn't it break the intent?  Definitely our of zone as defined by the GHSA.  I may have this wrong and if I do I apologize but I thought I understood the stellar kicker's family evaluated early and because they were able to decided to move to Colquitt while he was in middle school.  Again, I may have misinterpreted that and if so I am sorry.  If correct, that was a move to provide a better place for him to play ball and develop and it worked.  He got a scholarship to a great school.  I've seen bucoodles of posts over the years about kids going back and forth between Lowndes, Valdosta, and to a lessor extent Valwood.  I lose track of what goes on in south Georgia because I just don't care to pay enough attention to make me remember the specifics but I remember seeing posts about other counties (Tift, Ware, Pierce maybe - don't remember which one, there are a lot of counties in GA) that seem to have lots of players move in regularly.  So the question becomes does it bother you because a) you object to transfers, b) you object to transfers in the metro area, c) you object to high profile transfers, d) you object to transfers that follow the rules that may or may not agree with.

The biggest moral issue is kids moving in for 2 or 3  months and then leaving . Georgia is the king of allowing this criminal act to take place.  Not even in college or the pros does that happen only in Georgia right now. The entire country laughs at the GHSA over the Garcia kid.  A kid moves from 2000 miles away and beats the idiots at the GHSA for a state title.  The GHSA is a dirty incompetence group of fools. No matter what anybody says it is set up for metro Atl to win. Look at 6A and 7A 3 of the 4 were from Gwinnett County.  Thankfully Alabama is run by smart people.

The GHSA is run like Hazzard County with Boss Hoggs types calling the shots. 

Kids making a before season move and finishing the entire year should be enforced.  If a kid after staying  for 3 months playing then leaving in December should get the school hit with 10 years of no playoffs and no home games. That would stop that moving and transfer crap in Georgia. I would go as for as shutting the school out of the GHSA for say 10 years. I would not allow a transfer period a players senior year under no circumstances. 

A high profile transfer like Garcia should have been looked at in depth by the GHSA in the summer.  Really the GHSA should have been fined by Valdosta for this kid to ever hit the field.  When a kid transfers in Alabama the AHSAA has to approve it. They don't force their member schools to do their job. Those rules are the GHSA not the school they should enforce them. 

In Alabama the AHSAA tells the schools sit this kid until we have looked at his paper work.  In Georgia  if the schools AD says looks good to me they play them. 

The GHSA is just lazy forcing the schools to do their job.  Only in Georgia could kid be ineligible at one school but OK in another. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Fred said:

The problem with your train of thought is that the metro schools are far outweighed in number by the non metro schools.  If the rest of the state wanted something changed, they could get it changed.  It is the same thing with the argument that north Georgia gets what it wants at the expense of south Georgia.  There are way more schools in mid and south Georgia than in north Georgia.  Sure the north Georgia schools have more students but they tend to be in much larger schools and it is a per school vote not based on attendance.  I mean look at how they got together and separated 1A public from 1A privates.  If they want it done bad enough it can be made to happen.

Heck, if I understand it right your team benefited from a couple of transfers.  Your QB during the undefeated run never lived in the attendance district for Colquitt Co but because he started in Colquitt schools when he was in the 8th grade it was okay since he was in the system when he entered high school.  Doesn't break the rule but doesn't it break the intent?  Definitely our of zone as defined by the GHSA.  I may have this wrong and if I do I apologize but I thought I understood the stellar kicker's family evaluated early and because they were able to decided to move to Colquitt while he was in middle school.  Again, I may have misinterpreted that and if so I am sorry.  If correct, that was a move to provide a better place for him to play ball and develop and it worked.  He got a scholarship to a great school.  I've seen bucoodles of posts over the years about kids going back and forth between Lowndes, Valdosta, and to a lessor extent Valwood.  I lose track of what goes on in south Georgia because I just don't care to pay enough attention to make me remember the specifics but I remember seeing posts about other counties (Tift, Ware, Pierce maybe - don't remember which one, there are a lot of counties in GA) that seem to have lots of players move in regularly.  So the question becomes does it bother you because a) you object to transfers, b) you object to transfers in the metro area, c) you object to high profile transfers, d) you object to transfers that follow the rules that may or may not agree with.

I definitely do not object to transfers. People do move and this means their kids end up as transfers. 

I have an issue with athletically motivated transfers. I have issue with the transfers to regain lost eligibility. (I think we may have fixed that this year although its yet to be seen as far as enforcement.) If its enforced like so many other of the rules, then, its an honor box system and too many coaches, ad's and their secretaries must not have much of that. 

These high profile ones get attention so they're the only ones I can speak to at the moment. I understand that you'd try to belittle my opinion over that lack of knowledge because I'm pretty confident a school like Grayson got a lot more than that of Garcia and Del Rio this year. Amazing how I haven't fussed about any others isn't it? Why ask a dumb ass question like you did at the end here? 

Don't be dense. I only speak out about those that are questionable at best and you know it. You tend to pretend to be appalled when they're pointed out and then shrug saying well they were deemed legal by somebody. Here look at my trophy. 

I just want the appearance of even handed rulings and punishments that put a halt to the bullshit. If the transfers are legal but look to be violating the intent of the rules, let's look at the rules. If they're simply legal and its a bunch of noise about them being bullshit, I don't generally bother. 

My deal here is I'm going to keep pushing. Spotlight on the bullshit. You can come and cry and whatever again and again, but, I'm not here to argue about it tbh, but just to highlight what is being allowed. Predominantly in the metro area, and because you are forced to police one another and nobody wants to say anything in case they get to be the next destination for the twitter stack em up train. Maybe I'd change my train of thought on this if Moultrie was suddenly metro but I really doubt it (just to nix your next point I'm almost certain you'd make.)

I'd venture a guess that if Valdosta and Lowndes were winning championships again, suddenly metro folks would magically "care" about the back and forth between their schools. That brings up some more cans of worms with city schools being open enrollment and allowing ood kids and some GISA to GHSA transferring that isn't really visited much in the bylaws for the GHSA. I'm all for visiting those issues as well. Especially the city schools being allowed open enrollment. Today Grayson is being my bitch because of Garcia, but, yesterday it was Valdosta because of Garcia and Sanders. Lets not pretend I just take issue with metro transfers. Colquitt had some under Rush I didn't like myself, but, they appeared legal. Some of the kids that were too old in Alabama and came to Moultrie for instance. The difference is I wasn't heavy on these boards at that time. Believe me, we talked about it around town though. 

Now, when HawGoneIt speaks of city schools HawGoneIt is talking about Buford. Because it’s Buford’s fault that the city forefathers were insightful enough to invest in natural gas, water, electricity and the schools within Buford proper. 
The result? A cash rich school system that actively recruits and retains quality teachers, administrators, and support personnel. The buildings and facilities are 1st rate... no portables. 
Could not ask for a more perfect scenario of a public school system with 100 million cash in the bank, and before someone like Rab screams how we rape, and pillage Hall county it’s because the city straddles Hall and Gwinnett and the tax net results in a pittance actually last I heard it was less than 900 bucks annually.

So much for city schools rapin and pillaging’.... where’s Decatur in downtown athlete rich Dekalb in all of this?

So, seen and heard it all....recrootin, Bush league, cheatin’, et al. 

Buford is blue collar, smart with a strong work ethic that values academia.... so get your application in early it starts in kindergarten.

Hahahaha. 

BufordGonnaWolfy

Wolf wolf wolf...,

22 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Dang this is easy. Last year the NFHS named Steve Saverse the next head of the NFHS. He is the director of the AHSAA. They did not come looking to Georgia for great leadership.  So out of 50 states they could have hired from they went to Alabama.

It's like being the dental hygienist for a bunch of toothless people.

I even impressed myself with how that syllogism works directly with Alabama.