Georgia State Title games

TheMaximumHornetSting

11 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Just got back from the 6A Chip. What a game! Feel so bad for JuJu. He was so good today. The Buford defender just made an outstanding strip on that last play. Both teams impressed. They can play with ANYONE in America. Looking fwd to tomorrow’s games. Was great hanging with @ngdawg 

Not trying to burst bubbles, but, both of those teams would get ran off the field by the top 7A teams pretty much annually in Georgia. Get real. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

24 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

I heard y'all got Lee's kicker they could've used them last night. I was rooting for lee due to them being south Ga but mad no.  Only thing that ill get mad about is the ghsa continuing to allow recruiting. Im old school home grown is all I know and what i prefer. In that same breath though recruited or not when Georgia teams play out of state im rooting for Georgia.

You do know Buford is like 42% Hispanic, no? And located metro Atlanta, no? And Buford is scrutinized right down to the turd deposits into the wastewater treatment plants, no?

Aw shit, you done woke up @HawgGoneIt!!!!

Dammit man!

bgw

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Hey, leave my red headed left handed step cousin thrice removed alone!

😂😂😂

bgw

I just know that its easy to get caught up and be captive of the moment. That was a great game last night and both of those teams are pretty good. 

I've seen what happens to Lee against a top team in the country. There is a difference. 

Step cousin is trying to sell games is all. xD

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

You do know Buford is like 42% Hispanic, no? And located metro Atlanta, no? And Buford is scrutinized right down to the turd deposits into the wastewater treatment plants, no?

Aw shit, you done woke up @HawgGoneIt!!!!

Dammit man!

bgw

Yes I know didn't know the exact Hispanic percentage. ive already seen fans say Buford will have to go toe to toe with Grayson in the upcoming years for recruits

• Haha 1

Just now, HawgGoneIt said:

I just know that its easy to get caught up and be captive of the moment. That was a great game last night and both of those teams are pretty good. 

I've seen what happens to Lee against a top team in the country. There is a difference. 

He saying they can play with the 3-4 Joisey teams😀

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I meant ANYONE besides SJB, MD, SFA and IMG. Teams 5-14,000. We all know those four are in a universe on their own. For example, MD beat BC who beat Grayson. 

Neither of those teams beats Grayson, Norcross, Colquitt etc. in state. You wanna sell them as playing with teams like Chandler, and etc. Naah. 

Buford lost to North Cobb this year. Got doubled up on. North Cobb lost Lowndes who lost to Colquitt by running clock. Colquitt lost to Norcross in the quarters. 

I don't see it. I see sizzle and will be left asking where is the beef. Period.

1 minute ago, GardenStateBaller said:

I agree with you. The largest class teams in almost any state should be the best year in and year out. Going fwd, hoping that more 7A teams outside of Grayson and Marietta step up and play some of the OOS elites to increase their exposure and relevance nationally. 

Lee could play Colquitt every year but they won't. They'd get beat most years and there couldn't be a facade of national relevance. 

I think most of the perrennial top 7A schools in Georgia are pretty relevant nationally in general as it is. 

Even the top 6A schools are in the mix along with a 5A or 2 as far as notoriety with pollsters. 

1 minute ago, ngdawg said:

Yeah, we hung out for the entirety of the Lee-Buford game. He's not too bad in person I must say 😂.

Lol he’s an asshole when it comes to politics, but football and real life he’s not bad at all, actually well connected person 

@ATLien12x I guess I was wrong, it seems @ngdawg is a real kid, 

• Haha 2

17 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

This topic was discussed at my coaches dinner on Monday night. Several brought up that more of these crossover games should and must happen going fwd. 

We have this debate "in state" most every year when the preseason polls pop up. We have teams from 3A being sold as "should be ranked top 10 in the state" when they are no where near the level of other teams. 

Then enter the discussion about how rankings shouldn't be about who could actually beat whom but, (enter some other criteria here) as to why they should be ranked. 

I mean literally Lee county is an hour or even a little less from Colquitt county. They have folks pumping them as some top billing in the state, but they can't find a way to play a game an hour away. One recent year I think their coach even said he knew they don't or didn't have to horses to compete with a Colquitt. 

Thats why its interesting reading statements like "they can compete with anyone in the country." 

As an aside, I honestly thought Buford would take them by 2 scores. In the third quarter I had started thinking Lee may win it, but once they left Buford drive and tie in the 4th, I knew Buford would win right then. You can't let them go down and score like that. They have that winning swag and it shows. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I know.... I saw some holes in that defense last night so there’s some work to do. Couple of times  a player on defense or on the kick off was shying away from contact. Lee is damn physical that is certain. 

Buford won’t Geico that’s for sure, that’s not who Buford is.... I can be wrong but being a punching bag ain’t it. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

Yes I know didn't know the exact Hispanic percentage. ive already seen fans say Buford will have to go toe to toe with Grayson in the upcoming years for recruits

You mean the GFL? Well those parents better get in line early.... like kindergarten open enrollment. 

Players wanna play with players... friendships etc. 

Dunno about Grayson.... they got some frequent flyer players over there. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

NJ already proved itself vs GAs best in 2018. The Top 2-4 in GA 6A/7A can compete vs anyone in the USA minus the Tier 1s. 

Remember IMG vs Grayson in 2016. Grayson ran the table after losing 26-7 to the Ascenders. 

That was 2018 and while we had potential, we were a hot mess for that game.  I don't get mad often but I was mad at them that game.  Most lackadaisical no effort no interest game I had seen in over 10 years.  It was pathetic.  All that talent and no team spirit and no drive.

You are also reading too much into the 2016 game vs IMG.  New coach trying to turn the team 180 degrees from where it had been.  Moved players around and it was the first game in those positions for many.  We didn't gel until the 3rd game at least.  As an example, the center/QB combo that had played together since dirt got split up and the center moved to guard.  Sure enough, we had I think 3 fumbles on snaps at least two of which were when we were in the red zone or close to it.

We lost both of those games to be sure.  We beat BC most years based on what I saw.  We go 4-6 against IMG.  They are a tough nut with their size, or least in 2016.  They were 2" taller and 20lbs heavier than the Falcons line that year.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

I think hawg seen the same thing I did some idiot on the other board got caught up in the game last night and claimed lee and buford to be best teams in the state.

Hypotheticals.... a good matchup for Buford will result in a dub. Won’t be long, Buford will be 7A. 

Then we can go at at it in reality. 😁

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

The 2020 fall and winter rams players are flying back to jersey with gsb after tonight's game. The rest will be moving out of the rams coaches houses by the end of the week and will return to their home states to graduate.

The jealousy is *strong* in this one.  Lowndes suddenly wasn't so high flying once you got past the first round.  The "rejects" as you called the Collins Hill players showed what the Vikings really were this year.  You want to play the daisy chain games?  Colquitt beat Lowndes 40-10.  Norcross beat Colquitt 17-7.  Grayson beat Norcross 28-0.  How does that chain work out for you?  SMH.