Prediction: California won't have high school football in 2021, either.

badrouter

7 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Well looking at your own data California and the states that are open are all basically the same for cases per 100,000. Cali is at 4K+ the highest state down south is slightly over 6k. If lockdowns work shouldn’t California be significantly lower then say Fla or Ga which they are not. Try reading your own data points.

So about 2,000 more per 100,000. That's significant.

My data points say exactly what I said and refute exactly what you said, clown.

You were totally and completely ignorant of the facts and yet chose to run your mouth anyway.

🤡

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Of course this is completely untrue.

Pretty much every state in the south has higher rates of infection per 100,000 than California.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

Of course more restrictions are working. It's science.

🤡

As of this moment, CA has a little over 59k cases per million residents. Florida and Texas have a little over 61k. That's a very modest edge in stats. Fine...until you consider what CA has done in locking children out of schools, destroying the mental health of children and adults alike through mandated isolation, ruined the livelihoods of millions and trampled basic constitutional rights of all. CA has had more than 2.3 MILLION cases, with more than 26,000 deaths, and its rates are increasing faster than most other states as it has been the epicenter in the country. It's utterly dishonest to paint a picture where Florida and Texas have left the residents to die, while California has acted heroically and saved lives.

• Thanks 1

Ultimately, though, this thread is about allowing kids to play high school sports. California's kids had to sit at home on Friday nights and watch as most all of the rest of the country had a season. What was the rationale for that decision? Was it warranted? How did things turn out in all of the states that DID have a season? How did things turn out in CA who did NOT have a season? What if it happens AGAIN in 2021? What is the data showing kids are spreading the virus more playing sports than being cooped up in their houses? IMO, we are approaching the point of this being criminal.

Dynamics unable to be addressed by lockdowns are driving the spread.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

So about 2,000 more per 100,000. That's significant.

My data points say exactly what I said and refute exactly what you said, clown.

You were totally and completely ignorant of the facts and yet chose to run your mouth anyway.

🤡

No it is not that much more significant especially when you consider some of the states were less than 2000 only a couple hundred apart from California. In addition California has had the strictest lockdowns proving they don’t work. 

My question to you would be which lives are most important? Since were on the topic do we ban cars? They caused a lot of deaths each year. Do we completely banned alcohol and tobacco sales? Should we criminalize obesity? Do we start making flu vaccines required? Where do you draw your line. How much liberty and personal responsibility are you willing to turn over to the government?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

As of this moment, CA has a little over 59k cases per million residents. Florida and Texas have a little over 61k. That's a very modest edge in stats. Fine...until you consider what CA has done in locking children out of schools, destroying the mental health of children and adults alike through mandated isolation, ruined the livelihoods of millions and trampled basic constitutional rights of all.

I consider the claim that @Oldballcoach made to be factually inaccurate. The states with "lock downs" and those not playing high school football in the Fall have lower rates of infection. Fact.

Your agenda is for there to be no lock downs. Fine. Just say that. Don't lie and claim that lock downs don't work. It's asinine.

1 hour ago, badrouter said:

It's utterly dishonest to paint a picture where Florida and Texas have left the residents to die, while California has acted heroically and saved lives.

People are going to die from COVID-19. That cant be denied.

But what's dishonest is to claim that lock downs don't work when in fact they do based on common sense and every available statistic.

Florida's governor has acted disgracefully. He's lied about the numbers and in many cases has omitted or manipulated them. He never took the lock down seriously in the first place and was demanding a full stadium for sporting events back in September right as the infection and death rates were reaching record highs.

Deaths are inevitable but some places have certainly acted more responsibly than others. Again, another fact.

54 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

No it is not that much more significant especially when you consider some of the states were less than 2000 only a couple hundred apart from California. In addition California has had the strictest lockdowns proving they don’t work.

So in places where there are lock downs the infection rates are lower. Which is the exact opposite of what you said. You'll never acknowledge that though. Instead you'll try to dance around to save face.

3 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

For the record, you lied and/or were ignorant.

👇

6 hours ago, Oldballcoach said:

Well looking at your own data California and the states that are open are all basically the same for cases per 100,000. Cali is at 4K+ the highest state down south is slightly over 6k. If lockdowns work shouldn’t California be significantly lower then say Fla or Ga which they are not. Try reading your own data points.

So first you claimed that the south had lower infection rates than California. When that was proven wrong you then pivoted to "well, it's not that much more!" which is itself also not true.

Keep pushing that agenda though.

But here's a nice rule of thumb: if you have to lie to push your agenda then that agenda probably ain't worth a shit.

1 hour ago, Oldballcoach said:

My question to you would be which lives are most important? Since were on the topic do we ban cars? They caused a lot of deaths each year. Do we completely banned alcohol and tobacco sales? Should we criminalize obesity? Do we start making flu vaccines required? Where do you draw your line. How much liberty and personal responsibility are you willing to turn over to the government?

So you go from straight lying to pure dumbassery.

Comparing non-infectious car accidents to an infectious virus.

It's as if you wanted to get right to point of how dumb you are. No wasted time.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

So you go from straight lying to pure dumbassery.

Comparing non-infectious car accidents to an infectious virus.

It's as if you wanted to get right to point of how dumb you are. No wasted time.

Damn hit a nerve you just went straight verbal diarrhea on the board. In my experience when someone gets this defensive it is because they know they are wrong or are very insecure. Also go right to name calling showing a sign of poor mental acuity or lack of self control indicating anger issues as well potentially. Either way sorry you have such problems. Will pray you figure it out and solve these issues. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Damn hit a nerve you just went straight verbal diarrhea on the board. In my experience when someone gets this defensive it is because they know they are wrong or are very insecure. Also go right to name calling showing a sign of poor mental acuity or lack of self control indicating anger issues as well potentially. Either way sorry you have such problems. Will pray you figure it out and solve these issues. 

Looks like old guy coach wasn't born yesterday..... 🤣

and That's a 6 in a row spastic diarrhea meltdown.....

so nothing special from him today 😆

just Anus Flinch and his daily excercise....

giphy.gif

👍

• Haha 2

26 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Everybody on here notices how this entire paragraph is not about the actual subject.

Because you were so incredibly wrong and ignorant on that subject.

13 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Everybody on here notices how this entire paragraph is not about the actual subject.

Because you were so incredibly wrong and ignorant on that subject.

Damn 4 more crazy posts like a crazy ex girlfriend. You ok? Do people need to worry? This is concerning behavior. Should anyone be contacted. I hope you are ok.

i just checking back now for the show. This is very entertaining watching this melt down. 

over/under 5 posts to respond to this one? I go over this should really trigger the snowflake

I consider the claim that @Oldballcoach made to be factually inaccurate. The states with "lock downs" and those not playing high school football in the Fall have lower rates of infection. Fact.

Your agenda is for there to be no lock downs. Fine. Just say that. Don't lie and claim that lock downs don't work. It's asinine.

Los Angeles County instituted a stay-at-home order-complete with a ban on all dining-indoors OR outdoors- on November 27. At that time, the daily case rate was 4,751. Five weeks later, the daily case rate exceeds twenty (20) thousand, and ICU capacity is 0%. This obviously demonstrates the order didn't work. The only possible rebuttal is to offer pure conjecture, and say things could have been even worse. And pure conjecture is most certainly not "fact".

Some of the restrictions have a modest impact on slowing the spread of the virus. But those restrictions have a catastrophic impact on nearly every aspect of our lives. And then some of the restrictions are not backed by any real data. They amount to guesses, or hunches. And government officials should not be able to make the kinds of draconian, devastating decisions that they are making based on the hunches of one or a few people. None of us-and none of them- are experts on SARS-CoV-2. We will all error at times. We must not error on the side of devastating children, livelihoods and trampling constitutional rights. There's a lot of death and suffering that comes with those decisions, too. And there is little, if any, evidence that any sort of cost-benefit analysis was done in drafting the restrictions. The choice made was to do ANYTHING to reduce cases by ANY amount and at ANY cost.

• Thanks 1

People are going to die from COVID-19. That cant be denied.

But what's dishonest is to claim that lock downs don't work when in fact they do based on common sense and every available statistic.

Florida's governor has acted disgracefully. He's lied about the numbers and in many cases has omitted or manipulated them. He never took the lock down seriously in the first place and was demanding a full stadium for sporting events back in September right as the infection and death rates were reaching record highs.

Deaths are inevitable but some places have certainly acted more responsibly than others. Again, another fact.

DeSantis strikes me as dishonest, yes. But, the thing he got right was to realize that there were going to be cases and hospitalizations and deaths NO MATTER WHAT. California's 2.3 million cases and 26,000 deaths demonstrate that. He errored on the side of preserving schools, business and constitutional rights. Anyone preferring to stay at home and avoid gatherings is still free to do so.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, badrouter said:

DeSantis strikes me as dishonest, yes. But, the thing he got right was to realize that there were going to be cases and hospitalizations and deaths NO MATTER WHAT. California's 2.3 million cases and 26,000 deaths demonstrate that. He errored on the side of preserving schools, business and constitutional rights. Anyone preferring to stay at home and avoid gatherings is still free to do so.

California has 40 million people and a strong connection to East Asia. No shit there's going to be a lot of cases there. Which is why being responsible in an unprecedented time is just.......being responsible.

9 minutes ago, Oldballcoach said:

Damn 4 more crazy posts like a crazy ex girlfriend. You ok? Do people need to worry? This is concerning behavior. Should anyone be contacted. I hope you are ok.

i just checking back now for the show. This is very entertaining watching this melt down. 

over/under 5 posts to respond to this one? I go over this should really trigger the snowflake

And still nothing on the subject. No acknowledgement that you were wrong. Nothing.

Nobody is shocked.