I am here to let y’all know my board buddy MTP has passed away from covid and pneumonia. 

He and I went back and forth forever, but we’d speak offline and there was mutual respect. I never met him but anybody who is that passionate about his football team can’t be all bad! 

I lost a bet and have a little more time to serve to pay the debt in full, that’s why I’ve been absent. I just didn’t know if anybody had heard and wanted to pass it along!

May The Lord allow him to react in peace and grant his family comfort and solace at this time!

Blessings-

Sweets

• Thanks 4
  • Like 5
11 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I am here to let y’all know my board buddy MTP has passed away from covid and pneumonia. 

He and I went back and forth forever, but we’d speak offline and there was mutual respect. I never met him but anybody who is that passionate about his football team can’t be all bad! 

I lost a bet and have a little more time to serve to pay the debt in full, that’s why I’ve been absent. I just didn’t know if anybody had heard and wanted to pass it along!

May The Lord allow him to react in peace and grant his family comfort and solace at this time!

Blessings-

Sweets

Was he a Lowndes fan?

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Blessings-

Sweets

Ya this in nuts , u keep thinking it’s a cruel joke but  it’s not, it’s sickening losing a board member 

• Thanks 2
31 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Blessings-

Sweets

Can we be certain that this is for real? I've been trying to confirm for sure. I'd hate to think that someone would lie about such a thing, but, I admittedly hoped that it was not true. 

Bilateral Covid pneumonia has been the cause of death for a few of my acquaintances, customers and friends now. Had one sent to Bainbridge two days ago with bilateral covid pneumonia and kidney failure attributed to low oxygen saturation in the blood supply. That was the nearest available icu bed in the area. That means Valdosta, Tift, Colquitt, Phoebe and Phoebe North, Crisp and likely Phoebe Sumter are all at capacity already. 

Looking at some potentially dark days in the near future. 

2 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Can we be certain that this is for real? I've been trying to confirm for sure. I'd hate to think that someone would lie about such a thing, but, I admittedly hoped that it was not true. 

Bilateral Covid pneumonia has been the cause of death for a few of my acquaintances, customers and friends now. Had one sent to Bainbridge two days ago with bilateral covid pneumonia and kidney failure attributed to low oxygen saturation in the blood supply. That was the nearest available icu bed in the area. That means Valdosta, Tift, Colquitt, Phoebe and Phoebe North, Crisp and likely Phoebe Sumter are all at capacity already. 

I think valdostadog knows him personally. He is the one who posted it on the local board.

• Thanks 2
11 hours ago, old_e said:

Was he a Lowndes fan?

yes, hardcore to the bone.

he also had a different screen name back on the GV forum at one time (vike28 or viking28 or something like that)

sad to hear this.  I get to know some of you on a different level after getting games together and chatting away from this site.  you don't actually have to meet someone in person to know they are a really good person.   its funny too when a Lowndes fan, like MTP, knows you like Valdosta and he will do everything he can to change your mind, lol.  I think the saying was "hey you ain't from that school to start and we right next to them" lol

thoughts and prayers to his family!

RIP MTP28

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4
11 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

That was the nearest available icu bed in the area. That means Valdosta, Tift, Colquitt, Phoebe and Phoebe North, Crisp and likely Phoebe Sumter are all at capacity already. 

that is scary my friend.  if Bainbridge is closest spot now for you guys and we have this lag time to deal w/ from New years and whatnot, damn you all better cover your asses and your mouths down there.  no better up here though and tomorrow's super-spreader event will surely kick our country in the ass even more.

• Like 2
13 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I have friends in the Gwinnett County Fire Department.  One of them was talking with me just before New Year's and said that almost all of the metro hospitals were on diversion including Grady.  For those that don't know Grady is the premier Level I trauma center in Georgia and one of the top burn units in the nation.  He was telling me that even if the ERs weren't on diversion, it was taking the ER more than an hour to assume care for the patients tying up the paramedics and the ambulance.  I asked him if he was getting any sleep and he said no, they ran 17 calls in 24 hours his last shift.  In Gwinnett, all of the firefighters are full paramedic trained, not just EMT trained, and all of the fire trucks carry the same med kit the ambulances do.  They can do everything the ambulance can except transport and they've been known to do that in an emergency if they have to.

Scary.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
26 minutes ago, Fred said:

I have friends in the Gwinnett County Fire Department.  One of them was talking with me just before New Year's and said that almost all of the metro hospitals were on diversion including Grady.  For those that don't know Grady is the premier Level I trauma center in Georgia and one of the top burn units in the nation.  He was telling me that even if the ERs weren't on diversion, it was taking the ER more than an hour to assume care for the patients tying up the paramedics and the ambulance.  I asked him if he was getting any sleep and he said no, they ran 17 calls in 24 hours his last shift.  In Gwinnett, all of the firefighters are full paramedic trained, not just EMT trained, and all of the fire trucks carry the same med kit the ambulances do.  They can do everything the ambulance can except transport and they've been known to do that in an emergency if they have to.

Scary.

My moms a physical therapist  and they were so short staffed in hospital, they had all the PT doing nurse shit, it’s crazy to here ER is packed in Ga cause it’s eirly quiet up in jersey 

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

My moms a physical therapist  and they were so short staffed in hospital, they had all the PT doing nurse shit, it’s crazy to here ER is packed in Ga cause it’s eirly quiet up in jersey 

yeah, maybe too quiet.  that's scary.  and too many folks from this region  heading into DC today.,

• Like 1

What is happening at this point is they are reserving very little space for emergency stuff. Colquitt Regional is 4 floors and 2 are designated covid right now. The sign for the ER says 180 minute wait. 

Covid might kill you even if you don't have it. Basically, you could have a heart attack and not get critical care fast enough or get an icu bed and die from something that often wouldn't kill you because of no space or no medics. 

In some bigger market areas I read they are telling paramedics to reserve resources for those they know they can help for sure. Basically, if its too much work or too risky you are going to be passed over for someone else. 

Bad stuff. 

• Like 1
25 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

What is happening at this point is they are reserving very little space for emergency stuff. Colquitt Regional is 4 floors and 2 are designated covid right now. The sign for the ER says 180 minute wait. 

Covid might kill you even if you don't have it. Basically, you could have a heart attack and not get critical care fast enough or get an icu bed and die from something that often wouldn't kill you because of no space or no medics. 

In some bigger market areas I read they are telling paramedics to reserve resources for those they know they can help for sure. Basically, if its too much work or too risky you are going to be passed over for someone else. 

Bad stuff. 

How many times has this happened?  That covid maxed out the ER?

28 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How many times has this happened?  That covid maxed out the ER?

Here? I think once before it did when it first broke loose here and we weren't 100% prepared. 

In other areas I think a lot like New York. 

Idk. 

RIP MTP. 

17 hours ago, HawgGoneIt said:

In North Alabama they are having to take bad covid patients to Tennessee because of lack of beds.

8 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It has effected everyone in some way.  

How old was MTP28.

Terrible news. 

I think he was over 60 but idk for sure. I kind of abused my powers here when this news broke to dig info on him to try confirming it. 

Unless he used someone else's email and stuff, he probably worked at VSU or maybe had retired from there. I feel like I have his real name and all but still haven't seen an obit or death notice. I'm just believing it to be true due to the nature of the info and the times we are living in. 

53 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

I think he was over 60 but idk for sure. I kind of abused my powers here when this news broke to dig info on him to try confirming it. 

Unless he used someone else's email and stuff, he probably worked at VSU or maybe had retired from there. I feel like I have his real name and all but still haven't seen an obit or death notice. I'm just believing it to be true due to the nature of the info and the times we are living in. 

It is terrible how some people it kills others the same age are fine in several days.

• Like 2
16 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

It is terrible how some people it kills others the same age are fine in several days.

Its been confirmed that he did pass. He was 63. 

I guess Vikings go to Valhalla. May Odin help him find the way. 

20181010185506_45_mascot720Near.png.1c665a2647d12616ef41ae95a88b07d0.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 4
10 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if this is the right thing to do or not, but the man has passed away and I don't think posting his obit is harmful to him at this point, and it could actually be helpful in some way. 

https://www.mclanefuneralservices.com/obituaries/Thomas-Edward-Parnell-Jr?obId=19532421#/obituaryInfo

No this is a community. And this community news unfortunately. Thank you.

• Like 3
41 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Idk if this is the right thing to do or not, but the man has passed away and I don't think posting his obit is harmful to him at this point, and it could actually be helpful in some way. 

https://www.mclanefuneralservices.com/obituaries/Thomas-Edward-Parnell-Jr?obId=19532421#/obituaryInfo

Na this is one of the scenarios , it’s right to post it, he was one of our own, maybe someone on here’s wasn’t to donate to go fund me, it’s good to have info posted 

• Like 5