MTP.......

Sweetlarry

57 minutes ago, HawgGoneIt said:

Its been confirmed that he did pass. He was 63. 

I guess Vikings go to Valhalla. May Odin help him find the way. 

20181010185506_45_mascot720Near.png.1c665a2647d12616ef41ae95a88b07d0.png

That's pretty young if we really think about it, I know I had my differences with him but deep down beneath his desire to drive me a bit crazy he seemed like a good guy and even if I didn't agree with him I can respect that he loved lowndes as much as I love my team and someone that loves his team that much shows a loyal and amazing character that I can respect beyond words

RIP MTP, I wish I had the chance to meet you because I think beneath the rivalry we had on here you seemed like a guy I could have enjoyed sitting down and talking sports with and probably having some fun debates

• Like 3

I wanted to give it a few days before I posted.  I suppose it was because I was still in shock.  I got a text from a friend of mine in Valdosta telling me the sad news.  I honestly had trouble believing it.  I only had the pleasure of meeting Tom one time.  In 2019...I was in Azalea City and happened to be at Cheddar's with Ms. Violet for lunch.  I saw another guy from Valdosta who recognized me and he immediately yelled out.."Hey Rufus".  I walked over to that table and one of the people was Tom Parnell.  I have made a decent living by "reading" people...and I'm here to tell ya...just after one introduction...one conversation...Tom as a guy you could hang with.  Add to that..he was a man who loved his family...along with his good for nothing Vikings...(Smile).

Sometimes things just don't seem real.  This is one of those times.  While we were not close...we did have a number of things in common.  I wish I could have one more chance to tell Tom just how lousy his Lowndes Vikings were/are...LOL.  I can't have that chance...so I'll settle for this post...

Rest In Peace...you old Viking.

Give them Cats hell every chance you get.

Your Packer Friend...

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1
  • Like 9

Sad news indeed. May MTP rest in peace. Gentlemen,  we are nearing the point where the hospitals will choose which patients to treat and which will be sent home to fend for themselves. 

Some it takes quick.  I know a young man, 52, that passed in less than 6 days from that virus.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, old_e said:

Sad news indeed. May MTP rest in peace. Gentlemen,  we are nearing the point where the hospitals will choose which patients to treat and which will be sent home to fend for themselves. 

Some it takes quick.  I know a young man, 52, that passed in less than 6 days from that virus.

Preacher in north Alabama only 49 died because of covid.

• Sad 1

On 1/5/2021 at 1:58 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How many times has this happened?  That covid maxed out the ER?

The first time it spiked they turned the outpatient surgery rooms into a non covid ER. Hospitals closed the OR for elective surgeries the first time around. Doesn't seem like they are as willing to do that this time around. 

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Woodchopper said:

The first time it spiked they turned the outpatient surgery rooms into a non covid ER. Hospitals closed the OR for elective surgeries the first time around. Doesn't seem like they are as willing to do that this time around. 

You stay well Chopper, you got enough on your plate. You hear?

Speedy recovery Man  

bgw