The Thousand Trumptard March

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

People at the US Capitol riot are being identified and losing their jobs

A Texas attorney named Paul Davis is no longer employed at his company, Goosehead Insurance, after social media posts appeared to show him talking about his participation in Wednesday's events. In one video, Davis says, "we're all trying to get into the Capitol to stop this."

It's as if they were entering the Capitol to try to stop the vote count.

🤔

Imagine?  It’s almost as if they were trying to start a revolution.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

A proper representative is one we elect. 

If we don't have proper representatives, then we don't have a legitimate government, in which case the laws are not binding on us, since we did not properly participate in their making. The justification for the laws derives from the will of the people.

I don't think you understand what's going on.

Sorry but that may just be the Dumbest thing I have ever heard you say.....🤷‍♂️

It is actual case and fact that those laws DO in fact bind us....

and bind us more than anything else in life.

Now if you were trying to "insinuate" that 'you' would not feel 'morally bound' to any such laws that is wonderfull...

but if so you should probably say it that way 🙄

PS: not sure what is up with you, hope all is well, you seem to be slipping 🤷‍♂️

10 minutes ago, Troll said:

Sorry but that may just be the Dumbest thing I have ever heard you say.....🤷‍♂️

It is actual case and fact that those laws DO in fact bind us....

[...]

The question isn't about force but the normativity of the laws. 

When the colonists rebelled, they understood that the British would come to enforce the tax. But the rational basis for the rebellion was the idea that the normativity of a law is derived from the will of the people through representatives that they themselves elect.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

You mean that's how you jumped from reality to fantasy land ?....

Just omit force ?

Yes we already knew that was how you did it too....but thanks. 👍

14 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

When the colonists rebelled, they understood that the British would come to enforce the tax. But the rational basis for the rebellion was the idea that the normative force of a law is derived from the will of the people through representatives that they themselves elect.

Cool way to try and conflate the two 🙄

But you don't pay... and the soldiers are coming

whether you feel obligated or not 🙄

The Force of Law is derived from standing armies...

The will of the people, through their representatives,

is only their attempt to properly steer that force 👍

Just sayin'

13 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fatass on the left is GSB, the clown in horns is NoBalls, and the obviously developmentally delayed individual on the right is a younger body double for Drummer's old decrepit ass.

bgw

I was just about to say I’m the guy with the horns!! You know me too well. I’m on here too much. Lol 

• Haha 3

24 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

one other note: People believe in their own concepts, and when the representatives of the people hold concepts that stray too far from reality, that is when revolution becomes eminent....not when armies become week.

You do always seem to point to the right place tho, even when we disagree, you still know exactly where to look....

👀

15 minutes ago, Troll said:

[...]

The Force of Law is derived from standing armies...

The will of the people, through their representatives,

is only their attempt to properly steer that force 👍

Might makes right then after all.

And so much for all that talk about inalienable rights.

Another patriot. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Troll said:

one other note: People believe in their own concepts, and when the representatives of the people hold concepts that stray too far from reality, that is when revolution becomes eminent....not when armies become week.

You do always seem to point to the right place tho, even when we disagree, you still know exactly where to look....

👀

Did you want to talk about the causes of revolution in general?

That would be a surprising change of subject.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Nice spin. Trump was speaking to all 80,000 or so that were there peacefully, not the 80 or so who breached the Capital Building. And he said he loved them and told them it was time to go home.

Speaking of spin....

As of last night 55 people had been arrested. Now that number is up to 82.

The Impunity of White Insurrection

After an insurrection by hundreds, which resulted in the resignation of the chief of the Capitol Police, just 82 arrests have been made so far. These facts give credence to the idea that with regard to American policing, consequences are split down color lines.

7 hours ago, Belly Bob said:

Did you want to talk about the causes of revolution in general?

That would be a surprising change of subject.

I enjoy conversation with anyone who is a servant of knowledge and not ego...

But if you wanted a change of subject, for contrast, I'll offer a different kind of revolution.

What ever happened to the Nuclear Revolution? Remember that one?

As a primer, Can you guess when the first Atomic passenger ship was built ???

Now you can debate whether 'revolution', is just 'evolution'... rev'd up a bit ........ or not....(of note is that some may claim it 'rev'erse)

but you can't just seperate desire and will....from reality...

🤷‍♂️

PS: also a little nugget for the Ga boys in the house 😄 

BTW: I believe that Ga ship now rots with Baltimore....and wonder if that revolution had the right captains to steer it...don't you ?

These Are the Rioters Who Stormed the Nation’s Capitol

“Yeah, we stopped the vote!” screamed a man in a navy-blue zippered jacket, as he emerged, hands held high, from a tall yellow wooden door, as people outside whooped and cheered. “Murder the media” was scrawled in black marker across the other part of the double door.

6 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Nothing you’re saying makes any sense. Just because I said 75 million people know the election was stolen doesn’t mean I advocate for violence and destruction. Those 2 are not intertwined. 

Saying an election was stolen isn’t some dog whistle to cause anarchy summer of 2020 style. And just because you want it to mean that doesn’t mean it does mean that. 

The 75 million know it was stolen or was told it was stolen. 

Can’t be that hard to get irrefutable evidence out to 75 million people. 

Huh?

Cant make this shit up.....

bgw

On 1/8/2021 at 4:30 AM, Slotback Right said:

That's easy. You said Nolebull's listed values were extreme, so yours must be the exact opposite of those. So just look at his list of values that he opposes, and you'll have your answer.

As expected, a dearth of thought from you.

Nolebull has numerous posts espousing fascist tendencies or outright fascism, he also has an obvious disgust towards those “different” than he is in regards to people’s domain over their own private lives.

Those are extreme.

Disagreeing with him does not equate to being the opposite of it. Disagreeing with his views merely puts yourself in the mainstream.

On 1/8/2021 at 4:42 AM, Slotback Right said:

Please stop...you are embarrassing yourself now. I feel bad for you. Another swing and a miss. Show me where I defended the ones who breached the Capital Building.

I'll wait.

So you agree that POTUS incited an insurrection of our Capitol Building?

You agree that those that stormed the capitol are murderers (killed a cop), rioters, and guilty of insurrection of the United States government by way of sedition by Donald Trump?

Great. You’re not as much of a hopeless lemming as I thought you were.