If someone with a name like Osama Bin Laden broke into the Capitol, with a large mob

badrouter

and overtook the Capitol, you would CELEBRATE his being killed in the process. And you'd want every other person breaking into the Capitol killed as well. If most were allowed to walk scot free, you'd be OUTRAGED. Rightfully so. 

Your reaction to yesterday's events should be similar. You should celebrate the death of Ashli Babbit the same way you celebrated when Bin Laden was killed. Both wanted to overthrow the government of the United States, subverting the will of the people, so as to install the "leadership" they, personally, preferred. You should be asking why more would-be coup executers weren't shot dead as well.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, badrouter said:

and overtook the Capitol, you would CELEBRATE his being killed in the process. And you'd want every other person breaking into the Capitol killed as well. If most were allowed to walk scot free, you'd be OUTRAGED. Rightfully so. 

Your reaction to yesterday's events should be similar. You should celebrate the death of Ashli Pettit the same way you celebrated when Bin Laden was killed. Both wanted to overthrow the government of the United States, subverting the will of the people, so as to install the "leadership" they, personally, preferred. You should be asking why more would-be coup executers weren't shot dead as well.

I'm not sure we should celebrate anyone's death.

Bin Laden carefully planned the death of American civilians. This attack on the Capitol may well have been spontaneous, and I haven't seen any evidence that the perpetrators had violent intentions. 

I, myself, feel sorry for the woman who died, who was probably a decent human being who got caught up in the politics of the day and made a very foolish decision. 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 4

30 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Your reaction to yesterday's events should be similar. You should celebrate the death of Ashli Pettit the same way you celebrated when Bin Laden was killed. Both wanted to overthrow the government of the United States, subverting the will of the people, so as to install the "leadership" they, personally, preferred. You should be asking why more would-be coup executers weren't shot dead as well.

I wouldn't celebrate but definitely think she got what the rest of those idiots deserved to get.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

Bin Laden carefully planned the death of American civilians. This attack on the Capitol may well have been spontaneous, and I haven't seen any evidence that the perpetrators had violent intentions. 

I, myself, feel sorry for the woman who died, who was probably a decent human being who got caught up in the politics of the day and made a very foolish decision. 

In law, there is a standard much of the public isn't aware of. Everyone knows that if you knowingly do something, such as putting others' lives in danger, it is a serious crime. What many don't realize is that it is also a serious crime IF ONE REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. When you trample Capitol police to break into the Capitol building with a mob of people, you reasonably should know you are putting your life and the lives of others in danger. Perhaps she could've claimed insanity, as that group was surely insane.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

In law, there is a standard much of the public isn't aware of. Everyone knows that if you knowingly do something, such as putting others' lives in danger, it is a serious crime. What many don't realize is that it is also a serious crime IF ONE REASONABLY SHOULD HAVE KNOWN. When you trample Capitol police to break into the Capitol building with a mob of people, you reasonably should know you are putting your life and the lives of others in danger. Perhaps she could've claimed insanity, as that group was surely insane.

I don't doubt that she committed a serious crime, and I don't think she was insane.

It doesn't follow that I should celebrate her death or that there aren't striking differences between what she did and what bin Laden did.

4 minutes ago, Belly Bob said:

I don't doubt that she committed a serious crime, and I don't think she was insane.

It doesn't follow that I should celebrate her death or that there aren't striking differences between what she did and what bin Laden did.

The two need not be identical. Both actively worked, and endangered others, to overthrow the U.S. Government. Their fate should be the same.

But, notice in the headline of the post, I said "if someone with a name like Osama Bin Laden...". Switch the name to, say, Aaqib Muhammad, and put a hijab around his head as he's seen climbing the walls of the Capitol. Be honest, you'd want that fucker shot dead. No questions asked.

2 minutes ago, badrouter said:

The two need not be identical. Both actively worked, and endangered others, to overthrow the U.S. Government. Their fate should be the same.

But, notice in the headline of the post, I said "if someone with a name like Osama Bin Laden...". Switch the name to, say, Aaqib Muhammad, and put a hijab around his head as he's seen climbing the walls of the Capitol. Be honest, you'd want that fucker shot dead. No questions asked.

No.

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

She was  a 14 year Air Force Vet

I don’t know the details of what happened so I’m not gonna comment 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Belly Bob said:

This attack on the Capitol may well have been spontaneous, and I haven't seen any evidence that the perpetrators had violent intentions. 

They busted out the windows of the House chamber and attempted to enter while armed guards were stationed at the door.

This matches their rhetoric as well.

Hard not to take that as a serious threat of violence.

• Like 1