Alabama vs Ohio state thread

Ga96

9 minutes ago, Bormio said:

He is a pocket passer.  As long as he can move well in the pocket and sense the rush, he can be successful.  He is very calm in the pocket and very, very accurate 

That won't last in the NFL, when he's getting thrown around he will make mistakes

I've seen that before my eyes with him before, when teams can pressure him his performance drops

1 minute ago, Columbiafan said:

That won't last in the NFL, when he's getting thrown around he will make mistakes

I've seen that before my eyes with him before, when teams can pressure him his performance drops

The other thing I like about Jones is he buries mistakes.  Fumble in the first half followed by a TD drive.  Is he a finished product - no.  But he has the most important tools.  Makes good decisions and very accurate.  Also seems to have a quick release.

• Like 1

Just now, Bormio said:

The other thing I like about Jones is he buries mistakes.  Fumble in the first half followed by a TD drive.  Is he a finished product - no.  But he has the most important tools.  Makes good decisions and very accurate.  Also seems to have a quick release.

Mac is doing work, we’re just picking at flaws. 

Unwad your tampon. 

bgw

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Tua when healthy was as electrifying as all get out.... this is an example of great offensive line protection, running game, Devonte being Devonte and great calling by Sark. 

All you need is a manager at QB....

bgw 

Tua will not be a great NFL QB.  Not accurate enough

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Pocket passers are more valued in the NFL than college.  OL play and pass-blocking by backs better in the NFL.  QB running is now part of the NFL game, but is still mainly a pocket passer league.

pass rushers also a heck a lot better in NFL too and they more creative with the blitzes and coverages 

What Jones is doing right now with Smith would get shut down in NFL and force him to move to a different target or get picked 

5 minutes ago, Bormio said:

Yeah he is a mature QB and is tough but I just don't see skill wise that he can become a great QB

I see him as a backup QB