Alabama vs Ohio state thread

Ga96

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

OSU cannot get Jack shit going. 

bgw

It's tough with no running game.

You start minus one o-lineman.

Then you lose an AA first-rounder.

Your star RB goes down on the opening play.

Your next up is coming back from a concussion and has two carries in the last 5 weeks (and he's not being used much, so I think he wasn't 100%).

Your #3 RB is out due to Covid...

The Crowley kid they're using hasn't been used at all this year. Not a single carry until tonight.

• Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, concha said:

Your next up is coming back from a concussion and has two carries in the last 5 weeks (and he's not being used much, so I think he wasn't 100%).

The Crowley kid they're using hasn't been used at all this year. Not a single carry until tonight.

Huge factors no doubt . AS Buford posted " why not exploit Bama's secondary more " . OSU defense is just not good enough to stop bama , even with the covid missing linemen . Only chance was to air it out and get those big plays ala Clemson .  I thought OSU would be more solid but they are playing like they did all year , exception Clemson

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, concha said:

Blah, blah, blah. 

OVERRATED!

RTR

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, CaliNorth said:

Huge factors no doubt . AS Buford posted " why not exploit Bama's secondary more " . OSU defense is just not good enough to stop bama , even with the covid missing linemen . Only chance was to air it out and get those big plays ala Clemson .  I thought OSU would be more solid but they are playing like they did all year , exception Clemson

Ohio State's offense works when they have a running game. It's that simple.

I don't disagree that they should have passed more, but Fields was clearly not 100%.

I think both teams had vulnerable defenses. The difference is that Ohio State's offense had its game plan hosed at the get go.  Ohio State was the most balanced offensive team amongst the major programs. When Sermon went down and then Wyatt Davis and they had to rely on a guy who had had a concussion and carried the ball just twice on the last 5 weeks, I knew the game was likely a foregone conclusion. They literally were left using a kid who has not a had a rush all year.

A hobbled Ohio State was not going to beat Bama. They had 6-8 starters tonight who were either out or got injured.  Once Sermon was gone, Ohio State's chances took it right in the johnson.

Congrats to Bama. Great team.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

This was a pathetic showing I can say we missed a bunch of players,etc.... 

This was just not Ohio State Football...

This was not the team that punched Clemson in the mouth... 

There was some poor coaching decisions as well... 

Ohio State football has a balanced run and pass attack.

How do you have a running game with two missing o-linemen, your star RB heading to the hospital right away and the next guys available basically not having touched a football in over a month (Teague) or at all this season (Crowley)?

Once Sermon went out it was basically over.

It sucks and is what it is.

1 minute ago, concha said:

Ohio State football has a balanced run and pass attack.

How do have a running game with two missing o-linemen, your star RB heading to the hospital right away and the next guys available basically not having touched a football in over a month (Teague) or at all this season (Crowley)?

Once Sermon went out it was basically over.

It sucks and is what it is.

Regardless now we get to hear about how great the SEC is.... 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, concha said:

Not trying to start a big argument just looking to clarify b/c I'm an OSU fan:  Wasn't Teague the starter all year until he went down?  Personally  I (Urban Meyer said the same) gave  the oline more credit than Sermon for demolsihing the defensive lines of Northwestern and Clemson.  The oline was not able to do this to Bama and from what I have seen of  Sermon he was nothing special at Oklahoma and was criticized for most of the year at Ohio State the scouts agree because  he's projected 6th or 7th round so I'm not sure we can act like we lost Derrick Henry here. 

Alabama didnt have Waddle (unless you count him on one leg) who is possibly better than Smith when healthy and Smith was lost for the entire second half - he had 200 yards in one half bro. They also didnt have an AA center who was the anchor of the line.  Not sure how Bama's losses arent equal to Togiai, Tyreke Smith, Semon  and Wyatt Davis (in game) - a Bama fan could argue they were more impactful.  I think they mentioned Bama was also missing Malachai Moore and DJ Dale who are defensive starters

Anyway from where I sit if those guys were in for us it would have made minimal impact to the outcome

9 hours ago, concha said:

Ohio State's offense works when they have a running game. It's that simple.

I don't disagree that they should have passed more, but Fields was clearly not 100%.

I think both teams had vulnerable defenses. The difference is that Ohio State's offense had its game plan hosed at the get go.  Ohio State was the most balanced offensive team amongst the major programs. When Sermon went down and then Wyatt Davis and they had to rely on a guy who had had a concussion and carried the ball just twice on the last 5 weeks, I knew the game was likely a foregone conclusion. They literally were left using a kid who has not a had a rush all year.

A hobbled Ohio State was not going to beat Bama. They had 6-8 starters tonight who were either out or got injured.  Once Sermon was gone, Ohio State's chances took it right in the johnson.

Congrats to Bama. Great team.

That all said. Shaun Wade has a big mouth!.....many NFL Mocks have Wade going in the 1st Round. Well, DeVonta Smith is going 1st Round too only a little higher. 😃