Alabama vs Ohio state thread

Ga96

7 minutes ago, GrecoRoman said:

Not trying to start a big argument just looking to clarify b/c I'm an OSU fan:  Wasn't Teague the starter all year until he went down?  Personally  I (Urban Meyer said the same) gave  the oline more credit than Sermon for demolsihing the defensive lines of Northwestern and Clemson.  The oline was not able to do this to Bama and from what I have seen of  Sermon he was nothing special at Oklahoma and was criticized for most of the year at Ohio State the scouts agree because  he's projected 6th or 7th round so I'm not sure we can act like we lost Derrick Henry here. 

Alabama didnt have Waddle (unless you count him on one leg) who is possibly better than Smith when healthy and Smith was lost for the entire second half - he had 200 yards in one half bro. They also didnt have an AA center who was the anchor of the line.  Not sure how Bama's losses arent equal to Togiai, Tyreke Smith, Semon  and Wyatt Davis (in game) - a Bama fan could argue they were more impactful.  I think they mentioned Bama was also missing Malachai Moore and DJ Dale who are defensive starters

Anyway from where I sit if those guys were in for us it would have made minimal impact to the outcome

Teague and Sermon shared time, with Teague probably the 1a until the MSU game when Sermon (the new guy) began to really outperform him.  And the o-line was missing a starter (and then two when Davis got hurt).

So, we had a depleted o-line, the starting RB gone, his backup having had a concussion and thus barely able to touch a ball in the previous month, and the 3rd string guy out with Covid. Ohio State literally ended up having to put in a kid who had not touched the ball this season.

Waddle was long gone and Bama had ages to adjust to his loss. Dickerson had been gone for weeks. Ohio State's key losses happened with no time to do anything about them.

One team had a healthy QB and healthy RBs. The other didn't. Which situation would you rather have?

It is what it is at the end of the day. I would have loved to see two healthy teams face off.

Congrats to Bama.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, RedZone said:

The boys from Baton Rouge took care of Trey Sermon.....LB #8 Christian Harris and LB #32 Dylan Moses got them some "Sermon" lol

Looks like the initial hit by #8 Harris may have busted that collarbone up..

Couple other guys in on the action.

All kidding aside, was unfortunate. 

Trey Sermon is a good RB......he definitely would have gotten some more carries. 

1 minute ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Fromm's a better athlete, Mac a game manager on a gimpy lower body... he's busted up pretty good right now body wise.

bgw

3: You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.

"You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain..."
-Exodus 20:7

RDZ