Salute to a beast...Kyle Pitts

1 hour ago, 954gator said:

You will be sorely missed.   We just had to have our shittiest D ever this year SMFH.

Dude is on another level. Hearing Arik Gilbert is headed to Gainesville, easy call for him after watching how great Pitts was under Mullen. 

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HurricaneNick said:

Dude is on another level. Hearing Arik Gilbert is headed to Gainesville, easy call for him after watching how great Pitts was under Mullen. 

I dunno there was some chatter, but I still think he’s goin to UGA.   A few insiders said the staff would be very surprised if he came here.  

On 1/12/2021 at 6:43 PM, 954gator said:

You will be sorely missed.   We just had to have our shittiest D ever this year SMFH.

this kid was A LOT of fun watching at the high school level for two seasons.  he controlled a few games by himself from the DE spot.  I think he had two or three interceptions in the state title game his senior season from that position.

currently looking for the game clip of him returning a punt for a touchdown in high school game against AB Ryan.  I always thought he'd go as a DE but damn he's turn into an amazing TE.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

this kid was A LOT of fun watching at the high school level for two seasons.  he controlled a few games by himself from the DE spot.  I think he had two or three interceptions in the state title game his senior season from that position.

currently looking for the game clip of him returning a punt for a touchdown in high school game against AB Ryan.  I always thought he'd go as a DE but damn he's turn into an amazing TE.

I remember mentioning him as one of the recruits I thought would shine.   The routes he ran at the camps were the best I’ve seen for a TE.   And his hands are as good as they get,  he’s one of those guys that could catch an egg thrown 80 mph without breaking it.

• Like 2
37 minutes ago, AztecPadre said:

Haha

Phenomenal athlete in high school coming out of AB Wood high school north of Philly..  Really good TE but his two seasons at Wood they had some other studs at wideout and tailback so he wasn't the primary target on offense but for a TE he had half dozen touchdowns his senior season I'm sure.   He was a force on the DL/DE spot tho.

• Thanks 2
  • 3 months later...

He's not bad...but he's no Darnell....(Smile).

Seriously...I like Pitts and I am devastated that his talents are gonna be wasted with the Falcons.

My condolences...

Rufus>>

On 1/12/2021 at 3:43 PM, 954gator said:

52 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Can he block tho??? At all?

I’ll take George Kittle all day over anybody when healthy.

2 hours ago, Norcalnut said:

I’ll take George Kittle all day over anybody when healthy.

Pitts still has to prove himself in the NFL. But...I have a hunch we will be revisiting this post with laughter eventually.

• Like 2
6 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Falcons gon falcon! Pitts may be great. But the Falcons need more receivers like they need a hole in the head. 

Dumbasses 😂 

Man the Falcons didn’t even address a QB , no stud lineman, no RB like wtf did they really accomplish with this draft, Matt Ryan is a bum , a bum I tell u

• Haha 1
36 minutes ago, badrouter said:

Pitts still has to prove himself in the NFL. But...I have a hunch we will be revisiting this post with laughter eventually.

As a pass catcher maybe. But as a all around, in the trenches blocking pass catching pain in the defenses ass it’s Kittle and Gronkowski in his prime.

Pitts will hold his own w/ blocking, he has grreat balance and wide wingspan and quick on the feet.

For all that know him as a tightend, I remember a great game not too long ago (2016) when Kyle Pitts put a fuckin' hit on Micah Parsons (just drafted by dallas) and rocked his ass on a full speed sweep play.  Parsons at full speed hit by Pitts at full speed in 5A title game was LOUD!!!  

• Like 4
3 hours ago, sausmann9 said:

Pitts will hold his own w/ blocking, he has grreat balance and wide wingspan and quick on the feet.

For all that know him as a tightend, I remember a great game not too long ago (2016) when Kyle Pitts put a fuckin' hit on Micah Parsons (just drafted by dallas) and rocked his ass on a full speed sweep play.  Parsons at full speed hit by Pitts at full speed in 5A title game was LOUD!!!  

He’s honestly not a bad blocker at all.     

• Like 2
7 hours ago, 954gator said:

I’ve seen enough of him to tell you he isn’t that great at it either. I get he’s a “receiving TE” but I like my Gronkowski types who can be side by side with the Tackle and put his hat into a DE or LB and open a lane. 

I know this isn’t today’s game, but I’m an old man. I liked football better when you could hit people!

Edit: And before you send some YouTube clip of “Kyle Pitts Greatest Blocks”, don’t bother. I’ve had this discussion with enough former Gators that I don’t need to see it again. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
17 hours ago, 954gator said:

How’s he gonna do when he has to block a Bosa or Jadevan clowney on a run , I just don’t see him lining up at TE in the NFL

5 hours ago, 954gator said:

Except they win championships.

Yeah because they recruit better talent which makes sense considering the SEC has set up shop in 3 of the 4 best major states for talent and several per capita strongholds

Facts are though the SEC has moved away from defenses and made offense the top priority

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

How’s he gonna do when he has to block a Bosa or Jadevan clowney on a run , I just don’t see him lining up at TE in the NFL

Clowney is nothing but size 

Comparing him to bosa is laughable, bosa plays harder, is more aggressive and is overall just flat out better 

• Like 1