Dolphins players want Tua gone

Ga96

They have no faith in him and don't believe he is a good QB. Players wanted fitzmagic over him. Best one of the best QBs and Alabama history and now idiot "draft experts" want to push jones as a top QB in the draft after throwing to wide open receivers all season.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926760-report-tua-tagovailoas-potential-doubted-by-dolphins-players-after-rookie-year

1 hour ago, Ga96 said:

They have no faith in him and don't believe he is a good QB. Players wanted fitzmagic over him. Best one of the best QBs and Alabama history and now idiot "draft experts" want to push jones as a top QB in the draft after throwing to wide open receivers all season.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2926760-report-tua-tagovailoas-potential-doubted-by-dolphins-players-after-rookie-year

And...Mac Jones could barely pass his classes.....

Rufus>>

3 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Gee 2 times in one week you said something I agreed with

You sure you weren't hacked by someone intelligent

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

The kids a rookie... 

And Miami isn't exactly in a position to be playing favorites.... they suck plain and simple.... I say send tua to Vegas or Jacksonville 

They honestly don't care about that anymore. Haskins is a rookie and got booted. His own fault but still

2 hours ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Another case of exposing these draft pick QB's too soon.... no way has Tua recovered completely from both surgically repaired ankles and a hip injury. 

Should've sat all season, and got healthy and learned from Fitz.

bgw

I was never high on him especially after those injuries. Him being left-handed alone was bad enough. Its great if you are going to be a pitcher but a QB meh and left handers have weaker arms. The most know left handed QBs of recent were kellen Moore mike vick and tebow. Him being successful was a long shot to begin win.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

Not surprised at all, I have never bought into all the Tua Hype.... Anyone can look good and win at Bama throwing to a bunch of 5* NFL Caliber Receivers while protected by 5* NFL Caliber Linemen.... Just look at AJ McCarran and Mac Jones...

I would Actually Take Mac Jones over Tua based on what I saw thIs year, he looks more NFL ready then Tua did....

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

Not surprised at all, I have never bought into all the Tua Hype.... Anyone can look good and win at Bama throwing to a bunch of 5* NFL Caliber Receivers while protected by 5* NFL Caliber Linemen.... Just look at AJ McCarran and Mac Jones...

I would Actually Take Mac Jones over Tua based on what I saw thIs year, he looks more NFL ready then Tua did....

Its really hard to evaluate QBs when everything around them is perfect. Those so called experts will rather give broad statements to decrease the chance of them being wrong and when they are wrong they just ignore it and move on. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Ga96 said:

Its really hard to evaluate QBs when everything around them is perfect. Those so called experts will rather give broad statements to decrease the chance of them being wrong and when they are wrong they just ignore it and move on. 

I guess Joe Montana was a mirage

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Ga96 said:

The guy was coming off major hip surgery and did not get the chance to fully train and prepare during the off-season because of it.  I would hardly consider a lost cause.  He has skills and is a smart kat who with a full off season and pre-season of working out and getting better acquainted with the offense, will make a much bigger impact next season.  Comparing Tua to Jones is apples to pencils. 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

I guess Joe Montana was a mirage

Montana won 2 Super-bowls and was a BS PI call against Ronnie Lott in the 83 NFC Title game away from going to a Third BEFORE Jerry Rice was a 49er.... He was throwing behind an undersized OL and used his skill and mobility to make plays in the NFL.... He had a bunch of No Name guys around him until 1983 when they drafted Roger Craig and traded for Wendell Tyler....

Montana was a 3 rd round pick not a Hyped up 1st rounder like these Bama QB’s....

Bama has had 3 good QB’s in the NFL, Stabler, Namath, and I think Bart Starr went there.... Other then that, no Bama QB’s have done anything of relevance in the NFL that I can think of since Stabler won a Super Bowl in 78....

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

35 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Haskins was at the end of his second season, not a rookie. 

Do you watch football or skim over articles to try and sounding  intelligent?

Nope and he tries but fails 

I'm honestly surprised he somehow stumbled onto the intelligent idea that Mac Jones is a byproduct of the players around him

I figured he wouldn't be smart enough to figure that out 

1 hour ago, THEOC89 said:

Montana won 2 Super-bowls and was a BS PI call against Ronnie Lott in the 83 NFC Title game away from going to a Third BEFORE Jerry Rice was a 49er.... He was throwing behind an undersized OL and used his skill and mobility to make plays in the NFL.... He had a bunch of No Name guys around him until 1983 when they drafted Roger Craig and traded for Wendell Tyler....

Montana was a 3 rd round pick not a Hyped up 1st rounder like these Bama QB’s....

Bama has had 3 good QB’s in the NFL, Stabler, Namath, and I think Bart Starr went there.... Other then that, no Bama QB’s have done anything of relevance in the NFL that I can think of since Stabler won a Super Bowl in 78....

What Ohio State QB has done jack?  What Clemson QB did anything before Watson? (and he has not won much).  Judging a QB by the school is really not reliable.  Bama has really opened the offense in recent years.  They were a passing offense this year, capable of quick strikes or going down the field with 2 rushes and 7 passes.  When McCarron was featured in the natty, everyone was surprised.  Not so with Jones.  I have never liked Tua to be a good pro, I do like Jones.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bormio said:

What Ohio State QB has done jack?  What Clemson QB did anything before Watson? (and he has not won much).  Judging a QB by the school is really not reliable.  Bama has really opened the offense in recent years.  They were a passing offense this year, capable of quick strikes or going down the field with 2 rushes and 7 passes.  When McCarron was featured in the natty, everyone was surprised.  Not so with Jones.  I have never liked Tua to be a good pro, I do like Jones.

I actually agree with you on Jones, I am more impressed with him then I was with Tua....

My overall point was, I have never been Impressed with Bama QB’s as a whole.... It’s easy to look great when you are surrounded by the best players and your team is so much better then everyone else except for maybe 1 other team each year....

The Best College QB I thought I ever saw was Vince Young.... A Brilliant player who made the players around him better.... He Even too the Titans to the playoffs in his rookie year.... Then he just totally Flamed out....🤣

You just never know how these guys will handle the next level....🍻

6 minutes ago, THEOC89 said:

I actually agree with you on Jones, I am more impressed with him then I was with Tua....

My overall point was, I have never been Impressed with Bama QB’s as a whole.... It’s easy to look great when you are surrounded by the best players and your team is so much better then everyone else except for maybe 1 other team each year....

The Best College QB I thought I ever saw was Vince Young.... A Brilliant player who made the players around him better.... He Even too the Titans to the playoffs in his rookie year.... Then he just totally Flamed out....🤣

You just never know how these guys will handle the next level....🍻

I agree Bama QBs have real advantages.  But that does not mean one might not be really good.  After Waddle was hurt, the Bama receiving corps was not deep this year - certainly not like last year.  Smith however was a total stud and Harris was a good target.  The question on Jones will be can he stick the 20 yarder in a tight window.  Smith usually had 5 yards separation.  But I don’t think anything about the way he throws says he can’t.  When these mobile QBs can’t use their legs, they often fall off.  Pocket QBs tend to have careers that last.  College careers for a good QB are 2-3 seasons.  The NFL has 8-15 years of tape on some QBs, and QBs take hits year after year.