2021 OOS games are starting to percolate

GardenStateBaller

18 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

Why do they have to be stupid? Why can’t they just be personal preference without being inferior to a one-off? 

Because they are.

A personal preference can be stupid.

They're expensive and subject to a lot of volatility.

Tell me how that Allen vs. Hoover home-and-home worked out after I said it was dumb and clown Dallas Jackson chastised me.

1 hour ago, Atticus Finch said:

Because they are.

A personal preference can be stupid.

They're expensive and subject to a lot of volatility.

Tell me how that Allen vs. Hoover home-and-home worked out after I said it was dumb and clown Dallas Jackson chastised me.

I don’t remember that game being a home and home. I believe the issue was the game was scheduled years in advance. Maybe 3-4 I wanna say 

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It was a 2016-17 home-and-home that was signed in February 2014.

One of the dumbest contracts in high school sports history.

Dallas Jackson and all of the other idiots defended it.

That is dumb. You don’t even know what personnel you are gonna have. Hell the coaches and staff might not even be there. Imagine being the new guy and you are responsible for traveling to play a game you had no part of and don’t want anything to do with. Lol 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

That is dumb. You don’t even know what personnel you are gonna have. Hell the coaches and staff might not even be there. Imagine being the new guy and you are responsible for traveling to play a game you had no part of and don’t want anything to do with. Lol 

These things all happened:

• Tom Westerberg left Allen
  • Allen's stadium was condemned
  • Allen didn't return the trip
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

These things all happened:

• Tom Westerberg left Allen
  • Allen's stadium was condemned
  • Allen didn't return the trip

That was one of many bloopers of comic book Jackson’s tenure in high school football coverage. 

others included crowning South Panola as national champion, and having Plant as the preseason number 1 team in the country one year. I think it was the year they got whooped by Aquinas in the title game. 

12 hours ago, GardenStateBaller said:

We would love to play you again. Props and respect to BC for playing at Mater Dei. The outcome may have been ugly but at least you stepped up to the plate. Cant say that for most teams. We can’t find even find anybody to scrimmage us. 

4 hours ago, Bodysurf said:

We would love to play you again. Props and respect to BC for playing at Mater Dei. The outcome may have been ugly but at least you stepped up to the plate. Cant say that for most teams. We can’t find even find anybody to scrimmage us. 

We scrimmage El Camino of Oceanside on Friday 3/12. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, HurricaneNick said:

We scrimmage El Camino of Oceanside on Friday 3/12. 

They cancelled on us. We can’t find anybody to play is in a real game before league either. Sucks because we don’t get to take a look at QBs in action. Both Bosco and Servite will have a scrimmage and a non league game against pretty decent competition. 

• Sad 1

19 minutes ago, Bodysurf said:

They cancelled on us. We can’t find anybody to play is in a real game before league either. Sucks because we don’t get to take a look at QBs in action. Both Bosco and Servite will have a scrimmage and a non league game against pretty decent competition. 

Wow, unreal. Nobody wants the heat. Both QB’s go up against the best defense in the land everyday which is the only reason i’m confident they’ll be ready to go on the 19th without a scrimmage, but a game to get the kinks out would’ve been nice. Damien looked horrible yesterday against sjb, as expected though. servite should roll but you can’t count on them 😂

We would have been playing Cen10 next week but can’t because Riverside County wasn’t cleared early enough to play. 
Fortunately we play JSerra in our first game 😉

I agree that practicing against the MD defense will be the toughest test the QBs will get. But there is no substitute for taking a real hit at full speed in game action, even if it is a scrimmage.

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

It’s a shame no one in west coast wants to step  up , to bad y’all are across the country 

I would love to travel to Florida and Texas to take on whoever is their best. It’s going to be interesting next Fall because I don’t know whether we will get the okay to travel like that. It’s going to to be challenging to find 5 non league opponents in Cali willing to play us. Hopefully we can play Gorman next year. We would have played them next week if it wasn’t for COVID. 
Folsom, please come on over to the big boys table.

• Like 1