Giving it hell.......

Sweetlarry

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

Because of Marietta City Schools being posted up in by the CDC, I think they dig into their kids positive tests. 

That would be the only reason. 

Take care. That covid is rough on some folks and not others. Put me down for about 10 days before it let up. You got this. Prayers for you and your family.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, Rufus69 said:

I have a...family member...non-immediate...going thru this...and it ain't good.  He's 48 years old and in reasonable health (before COVID)...but this mess is taking its toll and then some.

He's scared.  Hell...we're ALL scared.

Ms. Violet and I are hunkering down...the best we can.

Rufus>>

Hope he beats it. 48 is too young to go.

14 hours ago, ngdawg said:

Hope you and your family get better soon @Sweetlarry! Would hate to not have a constant reminder of how Marietta beat Lowndes in 2019...

You don’t need a reminder kid, you saw it! 

Besides, without MTP here to give me hell about it the rants won’t be the same! God rest his soul!

@GA96 is is fun to mess with, but provides zero effort to disprove. He does it on his own. 

You decide where you’re going to school?

5 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

You don’t need a reminder kid, you saw it! 

Besides, without MTP here to give me hell about it the rants won’t be the same! God rest his soul!

@GA96 is is fun to mess with, but provides zero effort to disprove. He does it on his own. 

You decide where you’re going to school?

Yep. Enrolled at Georgia Tech! What about your daughter?

Wife tested positive on the 4th after starting with symptoms on the 2nd. She had fairly mild symptoms and has been out of isolation since Wednesday. I threw two negatives and haven't had symptoms that differ from my usual allergies and aches and pains of trying to stay active in middle age so have camped out in the guest wing of the house. Will probably get antibody testing once I'm out of isolation, hopeful that I just soldiered through a mild case at some point.

Sister-in-law and her boyfriend having serious issues with it, guy is in hospital with double pneumonia and being advised just have to let things run its course. SIL has asthma which has complicated her scenario.

I've been on a regular regimen of using a hand-held nasal steamer (Vicks sells it on Amazon for $30 if I remember right), nasal cleansing/irrigation with a saline solution, and repurposing my whiskey and rum for gargling before bed. Assuming I've danced around this somehow I attribute that to those things, which I acknowledge might be wishful thinking or justifying my OCD. Hopefully everyone dealing with this eventually kicks its ass.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ngdawg said:

Yep. Enrolled at Georgia Tech! What about your daughter?

Congrats Baljeet! Proud of your hard work Buddy!

She’s waiting for all financials before we decide. Vanderbilt won’t send decisions until next month I believe. 

She got into The Honors College at LSU so that will give a little more assistance. We are going to their Eye of the Tiger event in a few weeks if everybody is healthy enough to.  

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Wooderson said:

Wife tested positive on the 4th after starting with symptoms on the 2nd. She had fairly mild symptoms and has been out of isolation since Wednesday. I threw two negatives and haven't had symptoms that differ from my usual allergies and aches and pains of trying to stay active in middle age so have camped out in the guest wing of the house. Will probably get antibody testing once I'm out of isolation, hopeful that I just soldiered through a mild case at some point.

Sister-in-law and her boyfriend having serious issues with it, guy is in hospital with double pneumonia and being advised just have to let things run its course. SIL has asthma which has complicated her scenario.

I've been on a regular regimen of using a hand-held nasal steamer (Vicks sells it on Amazon for $30 if I remember right), nasal cleansing/irrigation with a saline solution, and repurposing my whiskey and rum for gargling before bed. Assuming I've danced around this somehow I attribute that to those things, which I acknowledge might be wishful thinking or justifying my OCD. Hopefully everyone dealing with this eventually kicks its ass.

Great info and thanks Brother. Prayers for your SIL and her buck. 

• Like 1

On 1/14/2021 at 6:55 AM, Sweetlarry said:

I texted positive for covid, along with my Son and wife. The Princess was negative. The Boy appears to be asymptomatic and the CDC called at 7:15 this morning to tell us they were getting his sample. 

The CDC is in cahoots with Marietta City Schools as we were far and away the lowest district in the state for covid.

When we all tested positive I asked God to give me the hell and spare my wife and Son the sickness and what not. Mama doesn’t feel well, but she’s nothing like me now. That’s good. 

Godspeed SL.

• Thanks 1

21 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Congrats Baljeet! Proud of your hard work Buddy!

She’s waiting for all financials before we decide. Vanderbilt won’t send decisions until next month I believe. 

She got into The Honors College at LSU so that will give a little more assistance. We are going to their Eye of the Tiger event in a few weeks if everybody is healthy enough to.  

Hope she gets into Vandy! It's a very prestigious school. But either way, it's a win for you...Geaux Tigers 😂

• Thanks 1

Just now, ngdawg said:

Hope she gets into Vandy! It's a very prestigious school. But either way, it's a win for you...Geaux Tigers 😂

Georgia Tech is awesome. She didn’t apply there. She may end up in Athens. Time will tell. 

I will not cheer for them, But that’s ok. She openly cheers against my team all the time (Redskins). 

• Haha 2

27 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Georgia Tech is awesome. She didn’t apply there. She may end up in Athens. Time will tell. 

I will not cheer for them, But that’s ok. She openly cheers against my team all the time (Redskins). 

UGA is good too. Would love to see you in that red...I wonder what it would take...

I had it leading up to Christmas. I'm 32 and in good health.

In retrospect, I noticed symptoms a week before I got tested. The first few days were very mild to the point where I didn't think twice about it/figured it was just seasonal changes (Clearing throat more often, nose inflamed for 24 hrs but never congested and completely gone after 24hrs.)...

after that the next few days, I was fatigued and achy. Nowhere near enough to keep me from work, just enough to make it uncomfortable.

The next day I woke up with no ability to taste or smell. That's when I knew.... so I took a rapid test. Positive. Had to isolate for 10 days. The fatigue and aches lasted a few more days, but soon I felt normal besides smell and taste.

Smell and taste started coming back about a week after I lost them, but it was very slightly. Like maybe 1% at first, then 2% next day, then 4% next day.....its been about 4.5 weeks at this point and I'd say my smell and taste are about 75%. 

I work in grocery store management, and we've had tons of cases at our location. 1 or 2 more cases on certain workers and we wouldn't have had the personnel capable of opening and closing our location. 

In addition to coworkers, I've had tons of close friends and family members that have had it. Mostly all taking precautions and working in healthcare and or essential fields.

Hope you get better man! Will be thinking about you and your family!

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Coletrain06 said:

I had it leading up to Christmas. I'm 32 and in good health.

In retrospect, I noticed symptoms a week before I got tested. The first few days were very mild to the point where I didn't think twice about it/figured it was just seasonal changes (Clearing throat more often, nose inflamed for 24 hrs but never congested and completely gone after 24hrs.)...

after that the next few days, I was fatigued and achy. Nowhere near enough to keep me from work, just enough to make it uncomfortable.

The next day I woke up with no ability to taste or smell. That's when I knew.... so I took a rapid test. Positive. Had to isolate for 10 days. The fatigue and aches lasted a few more days, but soon I felt normal besides smell and taste.

Smell and taste started coming back about a week after I lost them, but it was very slightly. Like maybe 1% at first, then 2% next day, then 4% next day.....its been about 4.5 weeks at this point and I'd say my smell and taste are about 75%. 

I work in grocery store management, and we've had tons of cases at our location. 1 or 2 more cases on certain workers and we wouldn't have had the personnel capable of opening and closing our location. 

In addition to coworkers, I've had tons of close friends and family members that have had it. Mostly all taking precautions and working in healthcare and or essential fields.

Hope you get better man! Will be thinking about you and your family!

The main post office hub in Birmingham had 70% out the 2nd week of December.