Giving it hell.......

Sweetlarry

2 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

I had it leading up to Christmas. I'm 32 and in good health.

In retrospect, I noticed symptoms a week before I got tested. The first few days were very mild to the point where I didn't think twice about it/figured it was just seasonal changes (Clearing throat more often, nose inflamed for 24 hrs but never congested and completely gone after 24hrs.)...

after that the next few days, I was fatigued and achy. Nowhere near enough to keep me from work, just enough to make it uncomfortable.

The next day I woke up with no ability to taste or smell. That's when I knew.... so I took a rapid test. Positive. Had to isolate for 10 days. The fatigue and aches lasted a few more days, but soon I felt normal besides smell and taste.

Smell and taste started coming back about a week after I lost them, but it was very slightly. Like maybe 1% at first, then 2% next day, then 4% next day.....its been about 4.5 weeks at this point and I'd say my smell and taste are about 75%. 

I work in grocery store management, and we've had tons of cases at our location. 1 or 2 more cases on certain workers and we wouldn't have had the personnel capable of opening and closing our location. 

In addition to coworkers, I've had tons of close friends and family members that have had it. Mostly all taking precautions and working in healthcare and or essential fields.

Hope you get better man! Will be thinking about you and your family!

Appreciate it!

1 hour ago, Sweetlarry said:

Boredom and delirium. Not necessarily in that order 

Sweetlarry - my wife got jaundice and liver issues after covid - damn near killed her. Go to hospital. It's not the covid its your body's screwed up reaction to covid. Wife's liver was shot and gall bladder was full of stones. Praying for you. You know me I'm a Grayson guy!

• Thanks 1

On 1/14/2021 at 7:55 AM, Sweetlarry said:

I texted positive for covid, along with my Son and wife. The Princess was negative. The Boy appears to be asymptomatic and the CDC called at 7:15 this morning to tell us they were getting his sample. 

The CDC is in cahoots with Marietta City Schools as we were far and away the lowest district in the state for covid.

When we all tested positive I asked God to give me the hell and spare my wife and Son the sickness and what not. Mama doesn’t feel well, but she’s nothing like me now. That’s good. 

Hang in there brother, you got this. My daughter and grandkids also had it, there young and healthy and came out of it relatively unscathed. My daughter is the director of nursing in a assisted living/ retirement facility with 80 staff and 140 residents and has worked her ass off to keep COVID out then In December it hit killing 22 residents and 2 staff in 2 weeks. This shit ain’t no joke and I wish people would pull there heads out and take it seriously.

• Thanks 2

42 minutes ago, Georgia Baller said:

Sweetlarry - my wife got jaundice and liver issues after covid - damn near killed her. Go to hospital. It's not the covid its your body's screwed up reaction to covid. Wife's liver was shot and gall bladder was full of stones. Praying for you. You know me I'm a Grayson guy!

I appreciate the thoughts. Praying for your wife to continue recovering! 

crazy that covid could destroy an otherwise healthy liver so quickly. 

scary

3 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

scary

yes - by the time I got her in (within a week because she didn't look yellow indoors)

her liver was borderline - didn't know if it would recover BUT she has made a slow and steady improvement.

Timing is key to turning it around.

• Thanks 2

6 hours ago, Sweetlarry said:

scary

3 hours ago, Georgia Baller said:

yes - by the time I got her in (within a week because she didn't look yellow indoors)

her liver was borderline - didn't know if it would recover BUT she has made a slow and steady improvement.

Hoping your wife makes a full recovery!

My uncle who turned 70, is in pretty good shape...seems more like 55-60......got Covid and had the flu symptoms pretty bad, but recovered at home, and was fine....but a couple days ago went in to ICU with some residual symptoms that affected his heart, and nearly needed defibrillators. Was released back home after getting everything under control and is doing ok now....but crazy because he thought he was out of the woods.

Definitely err on the side of caution if you're having a rough time with it.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, Georgia Baller said:

I appreciate the heads up my Grayson brother! Congrats on your state title. Well deserved. 

On 1/14/2021 at 9:55 AM, Sweetlarry said:

I texted positive for covid, along with my Son and wife. The Princess was negative. The Boy appears to be asymptomatic and the CDC called at 7:15 this morning to tell us they were getting his sample. 

The CDC is in cahoots with Marietta City Schools as we were far and away the lowest district in the state for covid.

When we all tested positive I asked God to give me the hell and spare my wife and Son the sickness and what not. Mama doesn’t feel well, but she’s nothing like me now. That’s good. 

Best wishes brother 🙏🙏

1 hour ago, rockinl said:

D3, Zinc and vitamin c. Load up. 

Solid advice. 

Can't say what I do will work for everyone, but I always keep stuff on hand for when I get sick.......Emergen-c drink mixes(1000mg mix of vitamin c, zinc, magnesium), some sort of immune booster tea, broth or bone broth, and veggie juices.......whenever I usually get sick I dip into that stuff and I recover pretty quickly.

With covid, I did all that and stuffed myself with healthy food. Filling up at every meal. And always drink tons of water. 

• Thanks 2
  • Like 1

20 hours ago, Coletrain06 said:

Hoping your wife makes a full recovery!

My uncle who turned 70, is in pretty good shape...seems more like 55-60......got Covid and had the flu symptoms pretty bad, but recovered at home, and was fine....but a couple days ago went in to ICU with some residual symptoms that affected his heart, and nearly needed defibrillators. Was released back home after getting everything under control and is doing ok now....but crazy because he thought he was out of the woods.

Definitely err on the side of caution if you're having a rough time with it.

Yea, those long term affects are starting to show up.  I have a friend whose husband is healthy, works construction, is in real good shape.  He got it back in the late summer early fall.  Right around Christmas he wound up in the the hospital with a major pulmonary embolism, lung scarring, and cardiac issues.  Now he will have to deal with that basically for the rest of his life.  Yes, he is part of the recovered numbers but those don't show the long term effects showing up.  This stuff can be nasty.  Everyone take care.

• Thanks 2

7 hours ago, rockinl said:

D3, Zinc and vitamin c. Load up. 

I’ve been taking D3,C,B complex,Fish oil and a multi vitamin every day for the past 6 years and I’m starting to believe that it’s one of the main reasons I only had minor cold symptoms when I got COVID.Im 57 and I feel blessed that I was so fortunate 

• Thanks 1
  • Like 5

31 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’ve spent the last 16 hours in a constant state of vomiting. I must’ve thrown up stuff I ate last June because there’s no way in hell all of the stuff I yakked came from stuff eaten recently. My head is killing me and I’m in and out of delirium.

Not good 

Hospital! Pronto! You need I.V. fluids with all the vomiting your probably severely dehydrated, if you don’t your organs could start to shut down. Good Luck

55 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

I’ve spent the last 16 hours in a constant state of vomiting. I must’ve thrown up stuff I ate last June because there’s no way in hell all of the stuff I yakked came from stuff eaten recently. My head is killing me and I’m in and out of delirium.

Not good 

Prayers outbound Punchy... good news to share your buddies son Ethan Nation offered by Georgia.

bgw

• Thanks 1

48 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Not good 

I don't want to pile in after all the good advice that has been posted . I will say I have had the covid also, and it is different than any other virus I have encountered before , a different feel . It was far , far from being my worst sickness. You mention your head and that is where your sinuses can get infected and make things much worse. I use the  NEILMED SINUS RINSE which you can get over the counter . It flushes the sinus and keeps the bacteria from building up and drains the stuff. I use it religiously and it has seemed to always minimise my symptoms whenever I feel like I'm getting sick . Hang in there and it will break . God bless you

• Thanks 2

57 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Prayers outbound Punchy... good news to share your buddies son Ethan Nation offered by Georgia.

bgw

Eric told me. Cory is gonna offer, just waiting on DC hire. 

He’s got two years, so we will see what happens. DBU or Underachieving U?

tough call

thanks for the prayers Shabazz I appreciate it

• Haha 1

59 minutes ago, CaliNorth said:

I don't want to pile in after all the good advice that has been posted . I will say I have had the covid also, and it is different than any other virus I have encountered before , a different feel . It was far , far from being my worst sickness. You mention your head and that is where your sinuses can get infected and make things much worse. I use the  NEILMED SINUS RINSE which you can get over the counter . It flushes the sinus and keeps the bacteria from building up and drains the stuff. I use it religiously and it has seemed to always minimise my symptoms whenever I feel like I'm getting sick . Hang in there and it will break . God bless you

Thank you! I appreciate it!

16 minutes ago, Sweetlarry said:

Eric told me. Cory is gonna offer, just waiting on DC hire. 

He’s got two years, so we will see what happens. DBU or Underachieving U?

tough call

thanks for the prayers Shabazz I appreciate it

Get well Punchy. You’re missed.... barely. 
Prayers are outbound until you kick this shit. 

Regards,

Honorable Elijah Shabazz