Happy Birthday Muhammad Ali

Ga96

22 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

My favorite interview was the Cavett one where Ali was talking about Tarzan... that was classic.

Ali was a very intelligent athlete in a sport ruled by brutes. The truth laced with humor is the way to reach minds.

RIP Muhammad Ali.

bgw

Sucks his love for boxing caused him problems after his career was over but definitely a great man. Not perfect but great. 

Never apologized for being honest and telling America what its true self looks like. Could use another one like him right now. Lebron is good but he isn't the shit talker Ali was. When you can mix talking shit with the truth it hits people differently.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ga96 said:

Sucks his love for boxing caused him problems after his career was over but definitely a great man. Not perfect but great. 

Never apologized for being honest and telling America what its true self looks like. Could use another one like him right now. Lebron is good but he isn't the shit talker Ali was. When you can mix talking shit with the truth it hits people differently.

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is another level intelligent athlete but the cool, detached aloof personality is not something that attracts attention. 

Would love to hear Kareem’s views on things. 

bgw

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Just now, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Kareem Abdul Jabbar is another level intelligent athlete but the cool, detached aloof personality is not something that attracts attention. 

Would love to hear Kareem’s views on things. 

bgw

Yeah he is very detached especially with the current movements and generation. Same with jim brown. Brown did almost a complete flip on how he used to be.

• Like 1

Muhammad Ali was the man. Never was fake. You knew you were getting 100 percent authenticity. Never scripted. I respect that in a person. Mike Tyson was the same way. Allen Iverson too. No surprise these guys were always polarized. Everyone likes to be in their politically correct safe space. Ali didn’t let them box him in. He did just as much for the black community as MLK Jr. 

Hope your resting easy GOAT

• Like 1

On 1/17/2021 at 7:55 PM, Nolebull813 said:

Muhammad Ali was the man. Never was fake. You knew you were getting 100 percent authenticity. Never scripted. I respect that in a person. Mike Tyson was the same way. Allen Iverson too. No surprise these guys were always polarized. Everyone likes to be in their politically correct safe space. Ali didn’t let them box him in. He did just as much for the black community as MLK Jr. 

Hope your resting easy GOAT

I was about to make a joke about Nolebull813 claiming that Ali was a hero of his but he dunks on himself so often now that I miss my opportunities.

Another person that he would've hated had he lived during his era.

🤡

• Thanks 3

I’m all about equal opportunity. No preferential treatment. Everyone earns what they get. I don’t see race like you racists. If you are a good person, respectful and contribute positively to society then I’ll be in your corner. There are great people of all races and backgrounds and there is scum as well. It’s a case by case basis. Not race by race. 

5 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I don’t see race like you racists. 

My enemy is the white people, not Viet Cong or Chinese or Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. You won't even stand up for me in America for my religious beliefs—and you want me to go somewhere and fight, but you won't even stand up for me here at home? - Muhammad Ali

• Thanks 1
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

My enemy is the white people, not Viet Cong or Chinese or Japanese. You my opposer when I want freedom. You my opposer when I want justice. You my opposer when I want equality. You won't even stand up for me in America for my religious beliefs—and you want me to go somewhere and fight, but you won't even stand up for me here at home? - Muhammad Ali

Yeah the racists from then. I understand the frustration from minorities during that time and back. It makes sense. Not some punks born in the 2000’s being racist on Twitter. He had a real gripe 

4 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

I understand the frustration from minorities during that time and back. It makes sense. Not some punks born in the 2000’s being racist on Twitter. He had a real gripe.

But you wouldn't have understood it if you were a contemporary.

You would've called him an anti-American, Muslim, ungrateful athlete, piece of shit.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

Ali was the man because he was passionate about what he believed in and he didn’t let people shut down his free speech. He was authentic and I respected that most about him and anyone else who displays that personality. 

If I was alive at that time the only knock I would have given him is that he was influenced by a hate group. The Nation of Islam is the biggest hate group in the country according to the left wing SPLC. 

I simply respected his authenticity even though I disagreed with his religious beliefs.  You don’t have to completely love or hate someone. There is a middle ground. I don’t have to agree with his beliefs to respect his passion and authenticity. That’s pretty much it 

2 hours ago, World Citizen said:

Kaepernick is also 100% today and Nole never misses an opportunity to trash him.  I am not inclined to believe him about Ali...or MLK.  

That’s a lie. Kapernick carefully calculates how he can push anti-police and anti-America propaganda and chance he gets. 2020 is light years different than the 1960’s. Please don’t disrespect the real social justice activists from the past with these current pampered race pimping hate mongers. 

Kapernick may have started a message to bring attention to minorities being in police altercations that result in death, but he morphed it into some anti police and anti America wannabe black panther shit. He is poison for the youth and will only keep the cycle going of distrust of police in the community. 

He is an all time piece of shit. He purposely gives money to a known cop killer just as a symbol of his hatred. His original message has long been lost with his radical extremism 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Bahahaha NoBalls just confirmed every opposing post against him. 

Damn, comedy gold. 

Kap is an modern icon because he provoked a reaction, no matter your feelings about it personally. 

It’s the greater good, I myself wrestled with it and still do... but I understand it much better now. 

bgw 

7B44C667-BF6A-4EF4-866F-787A900A4CC0.jpeg

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

[...] but he morphed it into some anti police and anti America wannabe black panther shit. He is poison for the youth and will only keep the cycle going of distrust of police in the community. 

[...]

We would't want to give people a reason to distrust authority -- like claim that our elections are rigged and the courts are in on it and so are the Democrats and many of the Republicans and the pandemic is fake and the media works for the deep state and the FBI and CIA are trying to undermine the President etc.

That would be really bad for America. 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, Nolebull813 said:

Ali was the man because he was passionate about what he believed in and he didn’t let people shut down his free speech.

Ah, yes, this is the same thing you said about Kaepernick. You lauded his passion and his drive to never have his speech shut down.

Of course that's not true but lets just pretend that it is!

🤡

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

The point is that you would've called Ali a race-pimping hate monger.

No. Back then, Ali had a real gripe that is based in fact. Now, When you look at the real statistics police brutality is actually a myth. There is no data suggesting that this country has a problem with police brutality. 

and most statistics just list the death of a person being unarmed, but not taking into consideration that they could have been physically violent. Like Michael Brown. 

there have been instances of injustice by a few officers without question. but not enough to call it a problem so big they poison an entire community and generation into thinking that all police are evil. 

Kapernick poisons black youth into thinking police are out to get them. He is teaching them distrust hatred and resentment for police and America itself. And he isn’t using any data to back up his complaints.