Jump to content

Thread about the Wall St. meltdown, GME, AMC etc


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

These are meme stocks, absolutely worthless, but Elon musk is pumping the shit out of Dogecoin on his Twitter, I can risk the $100 I spent, with the hope it goes to a $1 a share which would make me mu

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/03/26/borgwarner-expects-evs-to-account-for-almost-50percent-of-revenue-by-2030.html On-deck circle, BWA ... would have added this past Friday with FSR and MGA, but stoc

F it i just picked up 30 shares, let's see what it does...

Posted Images

On 3/1/2021 at 4:29 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Ima buy more on dip

Ok so maybe you don't like Lincoln 🤷‍♂️

But you could always just insure it with Geico  ...

😝

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, golfaddict1 said:

A friend of mine made a quick 11 pct and sold recently.   

I don't know much about the company, but the chart looks interesting... showing strength since the dip.  

@imaGoodBoyNow@LT4Spartan06

Dang 38.42 would have been a nice re-entry point.  Just looking back at how QS fared since my post lol.  

Took a dive like all volatile tech spec stocks did and bounced back nicely until a break today.   

Like most who follow the market, I’ve been moving funds from growth and spec growth especially to value.  

I own one penny stock (I wish it was a penny) in HCMC.   I’m hopeful their lawsuit pending vs Philip Morris yields a positive result in company awareness and possibly a buyout target once they hopefully have a footprint in the market   A lot of hopefuls.  :) 

 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

@imaGoodBoyNow@LT4Spartan06

Dang 38.42 would have been a nice re-entry point.  Just looking back at how QS fared since my post lol.  

Took a dive like all volatile tech spec stocks did and bounced back nicely until a break today.   

Like most who follow the market, I’ve been moving funds from growth and spec growth especially to value.  

I own one penny stock (I wish it was a penny) in HCMC.   I’m hopeful their lawsuit pending vs Philip Morris yields a positive result in company awareness and possibly a buyout target once they hopefully have a footprint in the market   A lot of hopefuls.  :) 

 

I got sick cause I bought at like 59  the day of the tech sell off last week, I bought some $40 call options for Friday and recuperated pretty nice, deciding if I should sell or ex cerise  

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

@imaGoodBoyNow@LT4Spartan06

Dang 38.42 would have been a nice re-entry point.  Just looking back at how QS fared since my post lol.  

Took a dive like all volatile tech spec stocks did and bounced back nicely until a break today.   

Like most who follow the market, I’ve been moving funds from growth and spec growth especially to value.  

I own one penny stock (I wish it was a penny) in HCMC.   I’m hopeful their lawsuit pending vs Philip Morris yields a positive result in company awareness and possibly a buyout target once they hopefully have a footprint in the market   A lot of hopefuls.  :) 

 

Who’s ur top cannabis and green energy companies 

 

Robinhood won’t even let me buy HcMC

Link to post
Share on other sites

@golfaddict1 $Gray dropped 50% this week, my resources saying it’s a buy buy buy 

 

Stocks go up, stocks go down, you can’t explain that… 

Or maybe you can, if the stock happen to be a biotech that just flunked a clinical trial. Which leads us nicely to Graybug Vision (GRAY). Or not so nicely if you happen to be an investor. 

Shares cratered by a dispiriting 51% yesterday after the eye disease drug maker released preliminary data from the Phase 2b ALTISSIMO trial of GB-102 – the company’s twice-yearly intravitreal injection of sunitinib – and candidate for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD).

Investors were let down by a different set of data, which showed that the Best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) of the 1mg GB-102 arm, came in 9 letters below the control arm of Eylea, Regeneron’s competing product.

On the plus side, after participants took 1mg of GB-102, the treatment displayed promising duration data with approximately 48% of patients staying treatment-free for over 6 months. Additionally, 62% of patients did not need any treatment for at least 4 months or more, with an overall median duration of 5 months. GB-102’s safety profile was favorable, too.

 

Despite being a secondary endpoint in the Phase 2b trial, BCVA is a major primary endpoint for registrational Phase 3 studies in wet AMD, and therefore, a potential key element in the treatment’s overall success.

Given that GB-102 showed very stable BCVA in the previous Phase 1/2 studies, Leerink analyst Marc Goodman considers the result a “negative surprise.”

“Management doesn’t have a good explanation for this result and will need to investigate this unexpected outcome further, but we are not surprised that the stock is off significantly, as investors are also clearly disappointed by the vision results,” Goodman said. “While we look forward to seeing additional granular data from the ALTISSIMO trial before making any changes to the numbers, we are lowering our POS [probability of success] today from 50% to 25%.”

The disappointing data also results in a cut to Goodman’s price target, which is reduced from $45 to $23. Despite the severe haircut, the figure still represents possible upside of a hefty 210%. To this end, Goodman’s rating stays an Outperform (i.e. Buy). (To watch Goodman’s track record, click here)

Since the data was published, other Street analysts have been less forgiving, with several downgrading the stock’s rating. Nevertheless, based on 3 Buys and 2 Holds, the stock still boasts a Moderate Buy consensus rating, backed by a bullish $19.60 average price target. Gains of ~165% could be in the cards, should the target be met over the next 12 months. (See GRAY stock analysis on TipRanks

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who’s ur top cannabis and green energy companies 

 

Robinhood won’t even let me buy HcMC

Probably a good thing! I bought 1000 shares and almost took a big loss. Definitely my fault as I ignored it for a few days... For such a small share price it sure can do some damage with its volatility.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Nio scares the shit out of me because it was a $5 stock less then a year ago

Not saying this will happen, but the same thing went on with Tesla. A large initial jump and then the next bump took it to the moon!! lol

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I got sick cause I bought at like 59  the day of the tech sell off last week, I bought some $40 call options for Friday and recuperated pretty nice, deciding if I should sell or ex cerise  

I'm not an options guy.   I should be as I love analyzing data and follow the market enough and like risk management.  My only defense is that a majority of portfolio is in retirement funds, so there is no tax care... if I want to risk less I'll simply reduce shares or sell and vice versa.     

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, LT4Spartan06 said:

Not saying this will happen, but the same thing went on with Tesla. A large initial jump and then the next bump took it to the moon!! lol

I’m thinking about going all in on Ford, I posted a thread about it but Ford is competing against Tesla with the new Mach E that are coming out soon

2B942AF4-C3A2-4620-835A-0CA0A5136B24.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Who’s ur top cannabis and green energy companies 

 

Robinhood won’t even let me buy HcMC

By no means do I mean to recommend HCMC...  it's an 0-2 HR swing on a nasty slider on the outside corner ;)   It's a longshot, but I'm willing to try a few HR swings from time to time.   I was down nearly 50 pct on this stock, until my buying shares to lower cost basis was successful when it rose back up.   It's mucho volatile.  

Reddit crowd likes SNDL.  I'm allergic to Reddit lol.  I have not bought into SNDL. 

I'm digging GRWG and Scott's Fertilizer (SMG) for the hydroponic sector of the market. 

For growth, seed to sell TCNNF, GTBIF, CRLBF, HRVSF and PLNHF are my current holdings for US. 

I bought Canopy again just recently.  

 

 

 

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@golfaddict1 $Gray dropped 50% this week, my resources saying it’s a buy buy buy 

 

Stocks go up, stocks go down, you can’t explain that… 

Or maybe you can, if the stock happen to be a biotech that just flunked a clinical trial. Which leads us nicely to Graybug Vision (GRAY). Or not so nicely if you happen to be an investor. 

Shares cratered by a dispiriting 51% yesterday after the eye disease drug maker released preliminary data from the Phase 2b ALTISSIMO trial of GB-102 – the company’s twice-yearly intravitreal injection of sunitinib – and candidate for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD).

Investors were let down by a different set of data, which showed that the Best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) of the 1mg GB-102 arm, came in 9 letters below the control arm of Eylea, Regeneron’s competing product.

On the plus side, after participants took 1mg of GB-102, the treatment displayed promising duration data with approximately 48% of patients staying treatment-free for over 6 months. Additionally, 62% of patients did not need any treatment for at least 4 months or more, with an overall median duration of 5 months. GB-102’s safety profile was favorable, too.

 

Despite being a secondary endpoint in the Phase 2b trial, BCVA is a major primary endpoint for registrational Phase 3 studies in wet AMD, and therefore, a potential key element in the treatment’s overall success.

Given that GB-102 showed very stable BCVA in the previous Phase 1/2 studies, Leerink analyst Marc Goodman considers the result a “negative surprise.”

“Management doesn’t have a good explanation for this result and will need to investigate this unexpected outcome further, but we are not surprised that the stock is off significantly, as investors are also clearly disappointed by the vision results,” Goodman said. “While we look forward to seeing additional granular data from the ALTISSIMO trial before making any changes to the numbers, we are lowering our POS [probability of success] today from 50% to 25%.”

The disappointing data also results in a cut to Goodman’s price target, which is reduced from $45 to $23. Despite the severe haircut, the figure still represents possible upside of a hefty 210%. To this end, Goodman’s rating stays an Outperform (i.e. Buy). (To watch Goodman’s track record, click here)

Since the data was published, other Street analysts have been less forgiving, with several downgrading the stock’s rating. Nevertheless, based on 3 Buys and 2 Holds, the stock still boasts a Moderate Buy consensus rating, backed by a bullish $19.60 average price target. Gains of ~165% could be in the cards, should the target be met over the next 12 months. (See GRAY stock analysis on TipRanks

Same friend of mine, who bought QS awhile back and made 11 pct bought GRAY recently.  :)  He's a swing trader and likes to bottom feed on stocks that recently took a beating.  He's been doing quite well actually sticking to this approach.  

He has ACAD CHWY EPAZ GRAY HEXO and OBSV.  Hexo is his kryptonite.  

Next week he could have all new holdings... I guess they call this swing trading.  

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I’m thinking about going all in on Ford, I posted a thread about it but Ford is competing against Tesla with the new Mach E that are coming out soon

2B942AF4-C3A2-4620-835A-0CA0A5136B24.png

GM has been cranking and still a buy for many analysts it seems.  I don't follow Ford.  Not sure how they're doing.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, golfaddict1 said:

By no means do I mean to recommend HCMC...  it's an 0-2 HR swing on a nasty slider on the outside corner ;)   It's a longshot, but I'm willing to try a few HR swings from time to time.   I was down nearly 50 pct on this stock, until my buying shares to lower cost basis was successful when it rose back up.   It's mucho volatile.  

Reddit crowd likes SNDL.  I'm allergic to Reddit lol.  I have not bought into SNDL. 

I'm digging GRWG and Scott's Fertilizer (SMG) for the hydroponic sector of the market. 

For growth, seed to sell TCNNF, GTBIF, CRLBF, HRVSF and PLNHF are my current holdings for US. 

I bought Canopy again just recently.  

 

 

 

Look at $CRON Cronos group , tell me what you think,

 

I think it’s close to it’s bottom 

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Look at $CRON Cronos group , tell me what you think,

 

I think it’s close to it’s bottom 

They are loaded with cash (due to the Altria Group backing) and are in the right directional bounce after a lackluster recent earnings quarter missing target.   I think you have the right idea here.  

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, golfaddict1 said:

 

Current stock holdings:    

image.png.3a2e414ce817661167d197b69f4d8194.png

Any reason why so many stocks?

I heard of being diverse but got damn doesn’t mean buy every stock in the market 😂,

in all seriousness how do you follow what’s going on with a stock if you got so many of them

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Any reason why so many stocks?

I heard of being diverse but got damn doesn’t mean buy every stock in the market 😂,

in all seriousness how do you follow what’s going on with a stock if you got so many of them

I work in a sector beat up by Covid that allows me more time than I'd like, but hopefully things will start to turn around in the next 2-4 months.   

I'll likely reduce stock holdings around that time.  A good 1/3 of the list above have been very recent adds, while others have been longer term holds.   

But even before Covid hit, I was spending more time following the Market.  You will too when you get to my age bracket.   

 

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks 🙏 

 

read this

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/india-propose-cryptocurrency-ban-penalising-234811711.html

 

cyrpto might crash because of this,  I know India is big in mining ⛏ of coins

Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Any reason why so many stocks?

I heard of being diverse but got damn doesn’t mean buy every stock in the market 😂,

in all seriousness how do you follow what’s going on with a stock if you got so many of them

LOL you should have about 15 stocks minimum... so they say haha

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.




×
×
  • Create New...