Thread about the Wall St. meltdown, GME, AMC etc

badrouter

On 3/2/2021 at 10:26 AM, golfaddict1 said:

A friend of mine made a quick 11 pct and sold recently.   

I don't know much about the company, but the chart looks interesting... showing strength since the dip.  

@imaGoodBoyNow@LT4Spartan06

Dang 38.42 would have been a nice re-entry point.  Just looking back at how QS fared since my post lol.  

Took a dive like all volatile tech spec stocks did and bounced back nicely until a break today.   

Like most who follow the market, I’ve been moving funds from growth and spec growth especially to value.  

I own one penny stock (I wish it was a penny) in HCMC.   I’m hopeful their lawsuit pending vs Philip Morris yields a positive result in company awareness and possibly a buyout target once they hopefully have a footprint in the market   A lot of hopefuls.  :) 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, golfaddict1 said:

Dang 38.42 would have been a nice re-entry point.  Just looking back at how QS fared since my post lol.  

Took a dive like all volatile tech spec stocks did and bounced back nicely until a break today.   

Like most who follow the market, I’ve been moving funds from growth and spec growth especially to value.  

I own one penny stock (I wish it was a penny) in HCMC.   I’m hopeful their lawsuit pending vs Philip Morris yields a positive result in company awareness and possibly a buyout target once they hopefully have a footprint in the market   A lot of hopefuls.  :) 

I got sick cause I bought at like 59  the day of the tech sell off last week, I bought some $40 call options for Friday and recuperated pretty nice, deciding if I should sell or ex cerise  

3 hours ago, golfaddict1 said:

Who’s ur top cannabis and green energy companies 

Robinhood won’t even let me buy HcMC

@golfaddict1 $Gray dropped 50% this week, my resources saying it’s a buy buy buy 

Stocks go up, stocks go down, you can’t explain that… 

Or maybe you can, if the stock happen to be a biotech that just flunked a clinical trial. Which leads us nicely to Graybug Vision (GRAY). Or not so nicely if you happen to be an investor. 

Shares cratered by a dispiriting 51% yesterday after the eye disease drug maker released preliminary data from the Phase 2b ALTISSIMO trial of GB-102 – the company’s twice-yearly intravitreal injection of sunitinib – and candidate for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD).

Investors were let down by a different set of data, which showed that the Best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) of the 1mg GB-102 arm, came in 9 letters below the control arm of Eylea, Regeneron’s competing product.

On the plus side, after participants took 1mg of GB-102, the treatment displayed promising duration data with approximately 48% of patients staying treatment-free for over 6 months. Additionally, 62% of patients did not need any treatment for at least 4 months or more, with an overall median duration of 5 months. GB-102’s safety profile was favorable, too.

Despite being a secondary endpoint in the Phase 2b trial, BCVA is a major primary endpoint for registrational Phase 3 studies in wet AMD, and therefore, a potential key element in the treatment’s overall success.

Given that GB-102 showed very stable BCVA in the previous Phase 1/2 studies, Leerink analyst Marc Goodman considers the result a “negative surprise.”

“Management doesn’t have a good explanation for this result and will need to investigate this unexpected outcome further, but we are not surprised that the stock is off significantly, as investors are also clearly disappointed by the vision results,” Goodman said. “While we look forward to seeing additional granular data from the ALTISSIMO trial before making any changes to the numbers, we are lowering our POS [probability of success] today from 50% to 25%.”

The disappointing data also results in a cut to Goodman’s price target, which is reduced from $45 to $23. Despite the severe haircut, the figure still represents possible upside of a hefty 210%. To this end, Goodman’s rating stays an Outperform (i.e. Buy). (To watch Goodman’s track record, click here)

Since the data was published, other Street analysts have been less forgiving, with several downgrading the stock’s rating. Nevertheless, based on 3 Buys and 2 Holds, the stock still boasts a Moderate Buy consensus rating, backed by a bullish $19.60 average price target. Gains of ~165% could be in the cards, should the target be met over the next 12 months. (See GRAY stock analysis on TipRanks

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Probably a good thing! I bought 1000 shares and almost took a big loss. Definitely my fault as I ignored it for a few days... For such a small share price it sure can do some damage with its volatility.

5 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

I got sick cause I bought at like 59  the day of the tech sell off last week, I bought some $40 call options for Friday and recuperated pretty nice, deciding if I should sell or ex cerise  

I'm not an options guy.   I should be as I love analyzing data and follow the market enough and like risk management.  My only defense is that a majority of portfolio is in retirement funds, so there is no tax care... if I want to risk less I'll simply reduce shares or sell and vice versa.     

By no means do I mean to recommend HCMC...  it's an 0-2 HR swing on a nasty slider on the outside corner ;)   It's a longshot, but I'm willing to try a few HR swings from time to time.   I was down nearly 50 pct on this stock, until my buying shares to lower cost basis was successful when it rose back up.   It's mucho volatile.  

Reddit crowd likes SNDL.  I'm allergic to Reddit lol.  I have not bought into SNDL. 

I'm digging GRWG and Scott's Fertilizer (SMG) for the hydroponic sector of the market. 

For growth, seed to sell TCNNF, GTBIF, CRLBF, HRVSF and PLNHF are my current holdings for US. 

I bought Canopy again just recently.  

• Haha 1

@golfaddict1 $Gray dropped 50% this week, my resources saying it’s a buy buy buy 

Stocks go up, stocks go down, you can’t explain that… 

Or maybe you can, if the stock happen to be a biotech that just flunked a clinical trial. Which leads us nicely to Graybug Vision (GRAY). Or not so nicely if you happen to be an investor. 

Shares cratered by a dispiriting 51% yesterday after the eye disease drug maker released preliminary data from the Phase 2b ALTISSIMO trial of GB-102 – the company’s twice-yearly intravitreal injection of sunitinib – and candidate for the treatment of wet age-related macular degeneration (wet AMD).

Investors were let down by a different set of data, which showed that the Best-corrected visual acuity (BCVA) of the 1mg GB-102 arm, came in 9 letters below the control arm of Eylea, Regeneron’s competing product.

On the plus side, after participants took 1mg of GB-102, the treatment displayed promising duration data with approximately 48% of patients staying treatment-free for over 6 months. Additionally, 62% of patients did not need any treatment for at least 4 months or more, with an overall median duration of 5 months. GB-102’s safety profile was favorable, too.

Despite being a secondary endpoint in the Phase 2b trial, BCVA is a major primary endpoint for registrational Phase 3 studies in wet AMD, and therefore, a potential key element in the treatment’s overall success.

Given that GB-102 showed very stable BCVA in the previous Phase 1/2 studies, Leerink analyst Marc Goodman considers the result a “negative surprise.”

“Management doesn’t have a good explanation for this result and will need to investigate this unexpected outcome further, but we are not surprised that the stock is off significantly, as investors are also clearly disappointed by the vision results,” Goodman said. “While we look forward to seeing additional granular data from the ALTISSIMO trial before making any changes to the numbers, we are lowering our POS [probability of success] today from 50% to 25%.”

The disappointing data also results in a cut to Goodman’s price target, which is reduced from $45 to $23. Despite the severe haircut, the figure still represents possible upside of a hefty 210%. To this end, Goodman’s rating stays an Outperform (i.e. Buy). (To watch Goodman’s track record, click here)

Since the data was published, other Street analysts have been less forgiving, with several downgrading the stock’s rating. Nevertheless, based on 3 Buys and 2 Holds, the stock still boasts a Moderate Buy consensus rating, backed by a bullish $19.60 average price target. Gains of ~165% could be in the cards, should the target be met over the next 12 months. (See GRAY stock analysis on TipRanks

Same friend of mine, who bought QS awhile back and made 11 pct bought GRAY recently.  :)  He's a swing trader and likes to bottom feed on stocks that recently took a beating.  He's been doing quite well actually sticking to this approach.  

He has ACAD CHWY EPAZ GRAY HEXO and OBSV.  Hexo is his kryptonite.  

Next week he could have all new holdings... I guess they call this swing trading.  

• Like 1

On 3/10/2021 at 7:07 PM, golfaddict1 said:

By no means do I mean to recommend HCMC...  it's an 0-2 HR swing on a nasty slider on the outside corner ;)   It's a longshot, but I'm willing to try a few HR swings from time to time.   I was down nearly 50 pct on this stock, until my buying shares to lower cost basis was successful when it rose back up.   It's mucho volatile.  

Reddit crowd likes SNDL.  I'm allergic to Reddit lol.  I have not bought into SNDL. 

I'm digging GRWG and Scott's Fertilizer (SMG) for the hydroponic sector of the market. 

For growth, seed to sell TCNNF, GTBIF, CRLBF, HRVSF and PLNHF are my current holdings for US. 

I bought Canopy again just recently.  

Look at $CRON Cronos group , tell me what you think,

I think it’s close to it’s bottom 

On 3/12/2021 at 9:56 AM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Look at $CRON Cronos group , tell me what you think,

I think it’s close to it’s bottom 

They are loaded with cash (due to the Altria Group backing) and are in the right directional bounce after a lackluster recent earnings quarter missing target.   I think you have the right idea here.  

31 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Any reason why so many stocks?

I heard of being diverse but got damn doesn’t mean buy every stock in the market 😂,

in all seriousness how do you follow what’s going on with a stock if you got so many of them

I work in a sector beat up by Covid that allows me more time than I'd like, but hopefully things will start to turn around in the next 2-4 months.   

I'll likely reduce stock holdings around that time.  A good 1/3 of the list above have been very recent adds, while others have been longer term holds.   

But even before Covid hit, I was spending more time following the Market.  You will too when you get to my age bracket.   

27 minutes ago, golfaddict1 said:

Thanks 🙏 

read this

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/news/india-propose-cryptocurrency-ban-penalising-234811711.html

cyrpto might crash because of this,  I know India is big in mining ⛏ of coins

23 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Any reason why so many stocks?

I heard of being diverse but got damn doesn’t mean buy every stock in the market 😂,

in all seriousness how do you follow what’s going on with a stock if you got so many of them

LOL you should have about 15 stocks minimum... so they say haha