35 years ago Challenger

Cossacks

4 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not sure if already posted. 35 years ago. I remember watching it in class sophomore  year of high school.

AC23BF7B-C915-4EE4-B218-9DC9E7D6EA61.gif

B9B4B94F-8DA6-4330-99E8-5800C4690350.gif

I was working the walk-in clinic at Nashville General during my residency.  Everything sort of stopped.  The patients were watching the TV and really did not care if they were seen.

I just viewed 4-part Documentary on Challenger maybe a week ago on Netflix. It was really well made.

Challenger: The Final Flight 

It is a little unnerving at times hearing some of the decisions that were made leading to it all but this is a nice watch.

If anyone wants to watch

Part 1: Space For Everyone 

Part 2: HELP

Part 3: A Major Malfunction 

Part 4: Nothing Ends Here

• Thanks 2

10 hours ago, Cossacks said:

Not sure if already posted. 35 years ago. I remember watching it in class sophomore  year of high school.

I was a junior and was in physics class at the time.  Br. Clarence knocked on the door and whispered something to the teacher, Mr. Dean.  Dean said something like "oh" and then ran over to turn on the TV, which then put on the launch.  We figured he had forgotten about it since he was a bit scatter brained, but you know, it made sense cause it was during physics.

When it blew, there was a collective "holy shit" from each kid in the class...

32 minutes ago, Rippers said:

I was a junior and was in physics class at the time.  Br. Clarence knocked on the door and whispered something to the teacher, Mr. Dean.  Dean said something like "oh" and then ran over to turn on the TV, which then put on the launch.  We figured he had forgotten about it since he was a bit scatter brained, but you know, it made sense cause it was during physics.

When it blew, there was a collective "holy shit" from each kid in the class...

Haha I was in class with Br. Dan, but I don’t think he and Br. Clarence were brothers 😂. We were watching it live in world literature. Had one of the AV dorks wheel in the TV on a cart like they used to do.

10 hours ago, Cossacks said:

That’s gotta be close to 1500 miles away from the explosion. I have hard time believing that one?

Those remains were found not long after the accident..You can look it up....Remains were found in Nacogdoches, Texas... NASA announced it....... I read about it in, "25 years of USA TODAY....

5 hours ago, Mag44 said:

Those remains were found not long after the accident..You can look it up....Remains were found in Nacogdoches, Texas... NASA announced it....... I read about it in, "25 years of USA TODAY....

I did look it up right here. Didn’t see anything about Nacogdoches mentioned anywhere?

https://www.arlingtoncemetery.mil/Explore/Monuments-and-Memorials/Space-Shuttle-Challenger

• Thanks 1