Fact Checkers are nothing more than a rear guard for the Democrat Party...but they finally got one right

Slotback Right

Fact Check: Was Impeachment Video Edited to Remove Trump's Call For Peace Before Riot?

Former President Donald Trump's highly anticipated second impeachment trial began on Tuesday, just a little more than a month following the riot at the U.S. Capitol Building during Congress' certification of the 2020 election results.

In his opening statements, lead impeachment manager Jamie Raskin (D-Md.) played a video montage of the events that occurred on January 6, including the speech by Donald Trump in which he encouraged his supporters to march to protest the results at the Capitol.

The Claim

Shortly after the montage aired and began working its way across the internet, Right Side Broadcasting Network (RSBN) tweeted footage claiming it was edited to leave out Trump's calls for peaceful protest moments before rioters stormed the Capitol.

The Facts

...The montage presented my Raskin shows the tens of thousands of Trump supporters at the Ellipse as he echoed unsubstantiated claims of a stolen election. It then cuts to rioters marching to and storming the Capitol before the conclusion of the speech, then returns to a later portion of Trump's remarks.

The compilation of footage from that day shows rioters overwhelming barricades, police and the Capitol Building, even as Trump's speech is occurring. But the clip tweeted by RSBN that shows Trump saying, "I know that everyone here will soon be marching over to the Capitol Building to peacefully and patriotically make your voices heard today."

That portion of Trump's speech is not found at any point during the video montage played before lawmakers at the trial Tuesday.

The Ruling

True.

https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-was-impeachment-video-edited-remove-trumps-call-peace-before-riot-1568084

• Like 1

Lie After Lie: Listen to How Trump Built His Alternate Reality

“You’re not usually going to find a leader telling you exactly what to do,” said Timothy Snyder, a professor of history at Yale University who has written extensively about the similarities between Mr. Trump’s language and that of authoritarian rulers. Instead, there’s some kind of “vague directive,” which followers sharpen and act on.

Autocratic movements throughout history have been distinguished by leaders repeating lies and suggestions that whip up anger among supporters, Dr. Snyder said. “That is exactly what Trump did.”

• Thanks 1

Trump “whipped up anger” by telling the public the daily corruption in Washington. And Washington hated him with a passion for it. 

It’s like some lazy workers who get paid to do nothing are sitting around and some day some random outside strangers comes in as boss and tells everyone to get off their lazy ass and get to work. They would all resent him the same way they resented Trump. He was tired of the status quo of both parties pretending to work and collect checks. He wanted shit done. 

They hated him for telling the truth. Same way your wife would hate your guts if you told her she was getting fat and needs to lose weight. Lol. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Lie After Lie: Listen to How Trump Built His Alternate Reality

“You’re not usually going to find a leader telling you exactly what to do,” said Timothy Snyder, a professor of history at Yale University who has written extensively about the similarities between Mr. Trump’s language and that of authoritarian rulers. Instead, there’s some kind of “vague directive,” which followers sharpen and act on.

Autocratic movements throughout history have been distinguished by leaders repeating lies and suggestions that whip up anger among supporters, Dr. Snyder said. “That is exactly what Trump did.”

Do they send out videos edited to manipulate timelines and remove inconvenient quotes (aka "lying") in order to sway opinion in their favor?  🤡

And love the "vague directive" thing. Is that the same as a dog whistle? Dems LOVE those. 

Dem: "He didn't really say it but he said it!"

Normal Person:  How do you know?

Dem: "Because I hate him and it fits my narrative"

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, concha said:

Do they send out videos edited to manipulate timelines and remove inconvenient quotes (aka "lying") in order to sway opinion in their favor?  🤡

They present the content that fits all the other evidence.

Like the Capitol actually being stormed by the people at Trump's rally and those same people admitting that they did it because Trump told them to.

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony

A man from Kentucky told the FBI that he and his cousin began marching toward the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 because “President Trump said to do so.” Chanting “Stop the steal,” the two men tramped through the building and snapped a photo of themselves with their middle fingers raised, according to court documents.

A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

• Thanks 1

‘I Answered the Call of My President’: Rioters Say Trump Urged Them On

In the past few days, a retired firefighter charged with assaulting members of the Capitol Police force told a friend he went to the building following “the president’s instructions,” according to a criminal complaint, and a Texas real estate agent accused of breaching the building told a reporter that by protesting in Washington, she had “answered the call of my president.”

A Virginia man has told the F.B.I. that he and his cousin marched on the Capitol because Mr. Trump said “something about taking Pennsylvania Avenue.” And a lawyer for the so-called QAnon Shaman — who invaded the building in a Viking costume — said that Mr. Trump was culpable, and he planned to ask the White House for a pardon.

“Does our president bear responsibility?” the lawyer, Al Watkins, told The New York Times. “Hell, yes, he does.”

11 minutes ago, concha said:

Dem: "He didn't really say it but he said it!"

Normal Person:  How do you know?

Dem: "Because I hate him and it fits my narrative"

We know because it happened and his supporters said so.

Who knew that concha would go down with the ship and he would deny reality all the way to the ocean floor?

🤷‍♂️

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

They present the content that fits all the other evidence.

Like the Capitol actually being stormed by the people at Trump's rally and those same people admitting that they did it because Trump told them to.

🤷‍♂️

So, probably folks facing charges and looking for a way out?

People who can hear sounds up to 50,000Hz like the family pooch?

Folks with selective hearing who supposedly traveled from the speech to the Capitol and got started long before Trump's speech was actually done?

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

‘Trump said to do so’: Accounts of rioters who say the president spurred them to rush the Capitol could be pivotal testimony

A man from Kentucky told the FBI that he and his cousin began marching toward the U.S. Capitol on Jan. 6 because “President Trump said to do so.” Chanting “Stop the steal,” the two men tramped through the building and snapped a photo of themselves with their middle fingers raised, according to court documents.

A video clip of another group of rioters mobbing the steps of the Capitol caught one man screaming at a police officer: “We were invited here! We were invited by the president of the United States!”

Since when does the word of some red neck who committed a crime merit any credibility? If these same rednecks were spouting off about something you disagreed with or didn’t fit your narrative you would dismiss them as the dumb rednecks the are. 

You would fit in perfect at the Times or WaPo. Hyper partisan void of any objectivity 

3 minutes ago, Nolebull813 said:

If these same rednecks were spouting off about something you disagreed with or didn’t fit your narrative you would dismiss them as the dumb rednecks the are. 

They never would've done this if it was something I agreed with because nobody that I support incites riots in the Capitol.

It's funny how only people like you and concha have to constantly twist yourself into a pretzel because your fellow travelers are gun-toting, riot-starting loons.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, concha said:

So, probably folks facing charges and looking for a way out?

People who can hear sounds up to 50,000Hz like the family pooch?

Folks with selective hearing who supposedly traveled from the speech to the Capitol and got started long before Trump's speech was actually done?

I love rhetorical question concha.

He's reached the lowest depths of his denial.

3 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

Exactly! The only reason they sided with the Republicans is because...since it is undeniable...they can use it to say, "See, we don't always side with the left." 

Getting back to the dumb topic...

If fact-checkers seem to "side" with the left way more often than the right that might be a sign for you to start telling the truth more.

🤷‍♂️

39 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Or multiple accounts of people saying these things during the assault as well.

So before they were lawyered up.

psst...your anus is flinching again 👍 

thought you should know 👌

BTW...If you bother to read any of the "actual evidence" now being reviewed by the courts, submitted by the FBI and other alphabet agencies so as prosecute and to hold accountable all these terrorists of which you speak....well...you will find TONS of evidence that these events where "pre-planned"....you know ....as in not incited by any speeches given at the capitol at the time 😘    But that is just the actual evidence, not your Anus 💩 view of how you would like things to be.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

Getting back to the dumb topic...

If fact-checkers seem to "side" with the left way more often than the right that might be a sign for you to start telling the truth more.

🤷‍♂️

No, the discrepancy results from the choice of issues these pro-Dem millennials choose to comment on from their grandma's basements. If they don't think they can make a good enough case for the Dems, then the issue never gets fact-checked.

Every so often though, one slips through, again like I said, probably to allow them to say "See, we don't always side with the left."

9 hours ago, Slotback Right said:

No, the discrepancy results from the choice of issues these pro-Dem millennials choose to comment on from their grandma's basements. If they don't think they can make a good enough case for the Dems, then the issue never gets fact-checked.

Every so often though, one slips through, again like I said, probably to allow them to say "See, we don't always side with the left."

The truth is probably more along the lines of "Slotback Right is a proven buffoon who lies frequently."

I gotta be honest with you.  OK...OK...no I don't and probably shouldn't...but I'm gonna be honest anyway.

If you're gonna show a video of a person's speech where you say he is inciting the crowd to riot...you show the damn speech.  You do not edit it to where it best supports your argument.

Do I think Trumpy The Ass Clown incited the rioters to storm the Capitol?

Yes I do....very much I do.

Do I think Trumpy The Ass Clown's..."patriotically and peacefully" did anything to quell the incense?

No...I do not.

BUT...

If you show the speech...you do NOT edit that portion of his comments out.

I'm sorry...that just makes you look like a scammer.  It was totally unnecessary.

Rufus>>

• Thanks 1

On 2/10/2021 at 8:29 AM, Atticus Finch said:

https://twitter.com/RevDrBarber/status/1359851155556343810?s=20

bgw