OH news!

GardenStateBaller

28 minutes ago, Severino said:

Is David Brown still the Athletic Director at Bishop Sycamore High School/Academy/Prep?  Or did he leave when the Head Coach left earlier this month?

DB is still the AD and no HC left earlier this month. Plus, I got BS an extra $3k in streaming rights for its game at Hoban!! #RaiseTheStandard 

1 hour ago, GardenStateBaller said:

DB is still the AD and no HC left earlier this month. Plus, I got BS an extra $3k in streaming rights for its game at Hoban!! #RaiseTheStandard 

Isn't that a risk with the game 50 days away and Bishop Sycamore still looking for players?

Most schools still looking for players at this point are considering cancelling the season.

1 hour ago, Severino said:

Isn't that a risk with the game 50 days away and Bishop Sycamore still looking for players?

Most schools still looking for players at this point are considering cancelling the season.

Stop spreading fake news. Their schedule is 99.9% set. And they have 29 D1 recruits on its 2021 roster. Your hate and lies are only fueling Centurion Nation! 

5 minutes ago, Severino said:

They're playing the likes of Hoban, DV, ED, DMC, STM, IMG, SFA and LCA. And they want to win all of those games. That schedule alone is attracting players on a daily basis from all over the Midwest. 

Speaking of DMs why don't you reach out to me while I'm in Columbus with the BS team on Friday, 7/16? They'd all love to meet you in person. Everytime they break the huddle, they shout "Severino." I kid you not. Thanks for the continued inspiration and motivation. You're helping them to #RaiseTheStandard 

6 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

They're playing the likes of Hoban, DV, ED, DMC, STM, IMG, SFA and LCA. And they want to win all of those games. That schedule alone is attracting players on a daily basis from all over the Midwest. 

Speaking of DMs why don't you reach out to me while I'm in Columbus with the BS team on Friday, 7/16? They'd all love to meet you in person. Everytime they break the huddle, they shout "Severino." I kid you not. Thanks for the continued inspiration and motivation. You're helping them to #RaiseTheStandard 

Can't be there but tell coach good luck at his arraignment Wednesday.

I know DeMatha is scheduled to play them. I assume because they are a Catholic school.  I just looked at this teams schedule and they are playing some PA team from Pittsburgh on 8/27. Looks like it is part of some showcase.  Do they plan on playing twice that week?

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-sycamore-centurions-(columbus,oh)/football/schedule.htm

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/week-zero-football-showcase-returns-to-wolvarena-in-august/

There are two games Aug. 27 at the Wolvarena. Sto-Rox plays Bishop Sycamore of Columbus, Ohio, at 5 p.m., and Central Catholic faces Imhotep Charter at 8 p.m.

41 minutes ago, OldTerrapin said:

I know DeMatha is scheduled to play them. I assume because they are a Catholic school.  I just looked at this teams schedule and they are playing some PA team from Pittsburgh on 8/27. Looks like it is part of some showcase.  Do they plan on playing twice that week?

https://www.maxpreps.com/high-schools/bishop-sycamore-centurions-(columbus,oh)/football/schedule.htm

https://tribhssn.triblive.com/week-zero-football-showcase-returns-to-wolvarena-in-august/

There are two games Aug. 27 at the Wolvarena. Sto-Rox plays Bishop Sycamore of Columbus, Ohio, at 5 p.m., and Central Catholic faces Imhotep Charter at 8 p.m.

Bishop Sycamore OH has two teams: Varsity and National. The varsity team will be in Western PA that weekend, while the national team is playing IMG on ESPN in Canton on 8/29. 

11 hours ago, OldTerrapin said:

The article notes that the Woodland Hills AD is moving to Chambersburg, and this article indicates that he would like to set up football and basketball showcases there as well...it is reasonably well situated to get teams from DC/Balt/Phila/Pitt was well as Central PA...could be something to watch for in the future...