Can you reclassify and redo senior year?

imaGoodBoyNow

8 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

A prep school has always been around there has always 5th year HS, like Avon  Bridgington Princeton prep, Phillip exter , Blair academy 

these kids I’m talking about are reclassifying and staying at the same HS

Yea very unlikely that they stay at the same hs and play football next year @CODBEARD got it right someone at west side is confused and is telling them  the wrong information 

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Sppclassof97 said:

Yea very unlikely that they stay at the same hs and play football next year @CODBEARD got it right someone at west side is confused and is telling them  the wrong information 

Has to be someone who has no clue wth he’s talking about , because it’s only the Newark school that kids are reclassifying, all the other kids reclassifying are actually going to a boarding school or JUCO

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Has to be someone who has no clue wth he’s talking about , because it’s only the Newark school that kids are reclassifying, all the other kids reclassifying are actually going to a boarding school or JUCO

Thanks for posting his Twitter handle. I just fwded it to all the right people who can help him achieve his dreams of playing college football. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

LCA?

Among others. CAI just secured another re-classed Jersey baller. What’s appealing to these players are these teams’ awesome OOS schedules, which they could never get where they came from. Playing teams like IMG, SJP, SFA, Milton, DeMatha, BA, SJC, ED, etc is a huge selling point. #PGL 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, GardenStateBaller said:

Among others. CAI just secured another re-classed Jersey baller. What’s appealing to these players are these teams’ awesome OOS schedules, which they could never get where they came from. Playing teams like IMG, SJP, SFA, Milton, DeMatha, SJC, ED, etc is a huge selling point. #PGL 

CAI?

13 hours ago, Columbiafan said:

The difference is you can't stop the loss of human life or the financial impact of a serious pandemic but it could have been handled better to not screw over the athletes, in no way am I minimizing the loss of human life but if they could have been flexible enough to do a football season which is probably the biggest risk from this virus  then you won't be able to convince me that this country handled the situation back in the spring well

The issue is this country was being run by a bunch of old rich jackasses who had no plan

I also could go into the loss of human life but this is a football discussion, if I wanted to go forward into that I would venture back over to that dump OT section

Even though this is a football discussion board to say that the biggest risk of the virus was from a football season is ... interesting.

Maybe it is the 40+ years difference in our ages and experience levels but in the scheme of things, no, a football season was not the biggest risk nor was it the most important thing for anyone, kids included.  Learning to deal with adversity is something too many kids seem not to have to deal with.  There will be much bigger things in their lives as time goes on.

1 minute ago, Fred said:

Even though this is a football discussion board to say that the biggest risk of the virus was from a football season is ... interesting.

Maybe it is the 40+ years difference in our ages and experience levels but in the scheme of things, no, a football season was not the biggest risk nor was it the most important thing for anyone, kids included.  Learning to deal with adversity is something too many kids seem not to have to deal with.  There will be much bigger things in their lives as time goes on.

In terms of sports with easiest way to pass the virus during the game yes it is the biggest risk 

4 minutes ago, Fred said:

So because you deem that kids haven't had to deal with adversity it is all great to go ahead and screw them over? Your right there is an difference in age and part of that was the fact I was in high school when the seniors last year were freshman, it's easy to say they haven't faced adversity but with all due respect how would you know that when you don't personally know those kids, everyone faces adversity in their daily life and it comes in different forms and again I'm not minimizing the effect the virus had outside of sports

What I'm saying is I felt that had this country done a better job preparing and reacting then those seniors wouldn't have needed to get screwed over and if they were willing to give the same flexibility they gave to football then maybe we could have done it

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

So because you deem that kids haven't had to deal with adversity it is all great to go ahead and screw them over? Your right there is an difference in age and part of that was the fact I was in high school when the seniors last year were freshman, it's easy to say they haven't faced adversity but with all due respect how would you know that when you don't personally know those kids, everyone faces adversity in their daily life and it comes in different forms and again I'm not minimizing the effect the virus had outside of sports

What I'm saying is I felt that had this country done a better job preparing and reacting then those seniors wouldn't have needed to get screwed over and if they were willing to give the same flexibility they gave to football then maybe we could have done it

Not to get political but didn’t Australia or Sweden not even go in a lock down ?  And now have the least amount of deaths because they got immune to it,, 

I don’t wanna turn this thread political 

3 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Not to get political but didn’t Australia or Sweden not even go in a lock down ?  And now have the least amount of deaths because they got immune to it,, 

Well I think I remember seeing a story about a country not going into lockdown but I think they took better approaches to the protective guidelines than we did too and I bet they weren't going out of their way to be defiant towards precautions

12 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

While I am certain there has been individual adversity there has not been the systemic adversity that other generations have had to face.  I'm looking at the macro level while you are looking at the micro level.  No where did I say it was great to screw them over.

To assume that the implications to sports is indicative of the the implications to the overall student population belies the number of students participating in sports vs the total student population.  While a non trivial number participate in sports, that number in no way represents the much, much larger number of students (7.3% of football playing high school students play at the college scholarship level).  Just because we on this board focus on sports in particular high school football doesn't mean that applies across the larger population.  It is super easy to say if only we had done this better, things would have been better.  I'm not too sure what we could have done so much better that it would not have had an impact on people in general and students in specific.

I've read that last paragraph 3 or 4 times and can't figure out what you are saying.  What seniors didn't get the same flexibility that football did?  Weren't we talking about football?

37 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Australia most definitely went into lock down.  The minister of health in Sweden has said if he had it to do over,, he would have done it differently.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Columbiafan said:

Well I think I remember seeing a story about a country not going into lockdown but I think they took better approaches to the protective guidelines than we did too and I bet they weren't going out of their way to be defiant towards precautions

That is a very true statement.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Fred said:

While I am certain there has been individual adversity there has not been the systemic adversity that other generations have had to face.  I'm looking at the macro level while you are looking at the micro level.  No where did I say it was great to screw them over.

To assume that the implications to sports is indicative of the the implications to the overall student population belies the number of students participating in sports vs the total student population.  While a non trivial number participate in sports, that number in no way represents the much, much larger number of students (7.3% of football playing high school students play at the college scholarship level).  Just because we on this board focus on sports in particular high school football doesn't mean that applies across the larger population.  It is super easy to say if only we had done this better, things would have been better.  I'm not too sure what we could have done so much better that it would not have had an impact on people in general and students in specific.

I've read that last paragraph 3 or 4 times and can't figure out what you are saying.  What seniors didn't get the same flexibility that football did?  Weren't we talking about football?

No I was talking about the spring sports who didn't get to finish their senior year and I guess I could lump the senior class in general

Football got to have a season in the fall in a majority of the states 

6 minutes ago, Fred said:

I always look at the micro level because I can't just assume that I know everyone's situation so I try to be as respectful as possible to only comment on stuff I have seen first hand or spoken in depth with someone about

2 minutes ago, SJR 04 said:

I believe Corey meant he's staying to finish the year, opposed to returning there next year. Many athletes that are going to reclass will leave their current school mid year.

Ohh I thought they might have changed a rule,

I was gonna say , if u can reclassify and stay at same school, I’d think every athlete that didn’t get the scholarship from the school they wanted  would reclassify 

• Like 1