😂 to all you fools that said gas ⛽️ and oil was outdated, HOW THOSE wind turbines working out for y’all

imaGoodBoyNow

35 minutes ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’d say one plus is it’s helping me learn how to function without a phone in my hand every five minutes.

I’ve solved my Rubik’s cube and learned how to play Uno so it could be much worse.

Thankfully our water hasn’t frozen yet and we’re keeping them dripping, and luckily we’re finding ways to keep phones charged in case they’re needed. Hopefully the rest of this storm will just blow over

yes, unfortunately people don’t know or don’t wanna waste the water bill by leaving ur water running, but is a fraction of cost what the repairs are gonna be when the pipes burst 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I’d say one plus is it’s helping me learn how to function without a phone in my hand every five minutes.

I’ve solved my Rubik’s cube and learned how to play Uno so it could be much worse.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-kgIHCX3vfYjHYFnIdZy

good job on the cube 👍....hope you tried to visualize and didn't just learn the dozen or so patterns with listed set moves for that final row 🤓

And if you are into a cube, you gotta be bored with UNO....🤷‍♂️

But if you got enough people to make that fun, and a couple regular card decks 

I might suggest Canasta for you to learn 🤔

Great actual strategy game for the luck of cards 👍

even playing jokers 🤣

just sayin'

😁

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SeaShells21 said:

I don’t know. Maybe he did and Mayors like this one send them away so we can all go full ‘Hunger Games’ on ourselves

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-boyd-mayor-colorado-city-texas-resigns-power-outages/

CBF35192-180F-43CB-AA1E-64B4FC4F1136.jpeg.0187fbd9b794fb74dd9156405974af8a.jpeg

I don’t understand his viewpoint. Either he’s hangry or mildly crazy or both

His point is VERY easy to understand, 

and it may sound crazy and hangry

But appears likely born of pure frustration.

why so hard to understand ???

Now it would not take much to figure he probably feels unable to do the job and caught in the middle with no support from either side, but I definitely would have to agree with you, that once you feel that way, it's time for you to resign.

And crashing and burning is silly 🤷‍♂️

PS: maybe you just couldn't figure that one because it goes against your thoughts of his getting any support from those above him  ?

11 minutes ago, Troll said:

His point is VERY easy to understand, 

and it may sound crazy and hangry

But appears likely born of pure frustration.

why so hard to understand ???

Now it would not take much to figure he probably feels unable to do the job and caught in the middle with no support from either side, but I definitely would have to agree with you, that once you feel that way, it's time for you to resign.

And crashing and burning is silly 🤷‍♂️

PS: maybe you just couldn't figure that one because it goes against your thoughts of his getting any support from those above him  ?

I don’t think I knew the whole story. The way it was being shared was he was kicking everyone while they were down. I don’t believe that was the case.

Like you said, he may have been caught in the middle of a “no-win” situation and wound up blowing up on Facebook 😕

Just now, SeaShells21 said:

I don’t think I knew the whole story. The way it was being shared was he was kicking everyone while they were down. I don’t believe that was the case.

Like you said, he may have been caught in the middle of a “no-win” situation and wound up blowing up on Facebook 😕

definitely NOT the right way to go about it 😕

Hopefully the next one can figure it out for you guys.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Troll said:

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS-kgIHCX3vfYjHYFnIdZy

good job on the cube 👍....hope you tried to visualize and didn't just learn the dozen or so patterns with listed set moves for that final row 🤓

And if you are into a cube, you gotta be bored with UNO....🤷‍♂️

But if you got enough people to make that fun, and a couple regular card decks 

I might suggest Canasta for you to learn 🤔

Great actual strategy game for the luck of cards 👍

even playing jokers 🤣

just sayin'

😁

Canasta rules!

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, SeaShells21 said:

I don’t know. Maybe he did and Mayors like this one send them away so we can all go full ‘Hunger Games’ on ourselves

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/tim-boyd-mayor-colorado-city-texas-resigns-power-outages/

CBF35192-180F-43CB-AA1E-64B4FC4F1136.jpeg.0187fbd9b794fb74dd9156405974af8a.jpeg

I don’t understand his viewpoint. Either he’s hangry or mildly crazy or both

I don't see why this is a big deal.

He's just a Republican. This is how they really feel about government.

• Like 2
  • Thumbs Down 1

36 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I don't see why this is a big deal.

He's just a Republican. This is how they really feel about government.

It's not a big deal actually...

Media can't even come up with a good story,

and just puts the tweet on blast instead.

But that won't stop you from exposing your lack of awareness, 🤣

or prejudice of others 🙄

• Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

It's like most of the posters on this forum are trying their best to ignore that Texas' natural gas grid went down too.

https://www.texastribune.org/2021/02/16/natural-gas-power-storm/

Officials for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which manages most of Texas’ grid, said the primary cause of the outages Tuesday appeared to be the state’s natural gas providers. Many are not designed to withstand such low temperatures on equipment or during production.

By some estimates, nearly half of the state’s natural gas production has screeched to a halt due to the extremely low temperatures, while freezing components at natural gas-fired power plants have forced some operators to shut down.

“Texas is a gas state,” said Michael Webber, an energy resources professor at the University of Texas at Austin. While he said all of Texas’ energy sources share blame for the power crisis — at least one nuclear power plant has partially shut down, most notably — the natural gas industry is producing significantly less power than normal.

Everything in Texas failed, but I guess most here will continue to blatantly ignore it.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, DownSouth said:

It's like most of the posters on this forum are trying their best to ignore that Texas' natural gas grid went down too.

Officials for the Electric Reliability Council of Texas, which manages most of Texas’ grid, said the primary cause of the outages Tuesday appeared to be the state’s natural gas providers. Many are not designed to withstand such low temperatures on equipment or during production.

This thread is almost completely batshit.

First, the claim that windmills caused the outages or were a significant reason at all is just ridiculous. Only 10% of the grid is wind power and only half of the windmills stopped working.

Also, the claim that "if something stops working one time then we should never do it again" is silly because then we would never use natural gas again since it was the overwhelming factor in this outage.

Then to top it off their media lapdogs lie ceaselessly about this in order to push their agenda.

• Thumbs Down 1

29 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I am completely batshit.

silly because then we would never use natural gas again since it was the overwhelming factor in this outage.

Then to top it off their media lapdogs lie ceaselessly about this in order to push their agenda.

giphy.gif

So when do you get to the point of the FACT

you know (well at least everyone else does 😝)

That natural gas is what is keeping Texas alive right now ....

go figure.

PS: your green finger paintings are a bit messy, try and clean that crap up will ya...  

BTW: WE ALL are getting a good laugh listening to you scream and whine about "Fake News"  🤣...guess that only happens when your guy is in office right? 🤓

• Like 2

1 hour ago, DownSouth said:

By some estimates, nearly half of the state’s natural gas production has screeched to a halt due to the extremely low temperatures, while freezing components at natural gas-fired power plants have forced some operators to shut down.

“Texas is a gas state,” said Michael Webber, an energy resources professor at the University of Texas at Austin. While he said all of Texas’ energy sources share blame for the power crisis — at least one nuclear power plant has partially shut down, most notably — the natural gas industry is producing significantly less power than normal.

Everything in Texas failed, but I guess most here will continue to blatantly ignore it.

Senator Cruz says the cerveza in Mexico is delicious while his state is freezing their balls off....

bgw

3 minutes ago, Rufus69 said:

That'll teach'em for firing him from Microsoft !!!!

Word is that he's working on an anti-virus app for the COVID virus.

Don't fuck with Bill.....or he'll cut off your Medicare.

Rufus>>

U don’t think it’s suspicious he talks about a world wide pandemic and 2 years later Bam 💥 wadda u know.  A motherfuckin pandemix

3 hours ago, Atticus Finch said:

This thread is almost completely batshit.

First, the claim that windmills caused the outages or were a significant reason at all is just ridiculous. Only 10% of the grid is wind power and only half of the windmills stopped working.

Also, the claim that "if something stops working one time then we should never do it again" is silly because then we would never use natural gas again since it was the overwhelming factor in this outage.

According to ERCOT, almost 25% of the grid is wind power, FWIW.

Hate seeing you peddle inaccurate info whilst you're on yet another tirade about people "lying." lol