😂 to all you fools that said gas ⛽️ and oil was outdated, HOW THOSE wind turbines working out for y’all

imaGoodBoyNow

16 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

According to ERCOT, almost 25% of the grid is wind power, FWIW.

Hate seeing you peddle inaccurate info whilst you're on yet another tirade about people "lying." lol

I believe the 25% number is all renewables. Or the discrepancy could be in their winter generating capacity from wind. Either way, I'm right.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/17/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlson-falsely-blames-green-new-deal-wind-/

In fact, wind energy accounts for 10% of ERCOT’s winter power-generating capacity, said Daniel Cohan, an environmental engineering professor at Rice University. The rest depends primarily on thermal sources like natural gas, coal and nuclear.

• Thumbs Down 1

31 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

I believe the 25% number is all renewables. Or the discrepancy could be in their winter generating capacity from wind. Either way, I'm right.

https://www.politifact.com/factchecks/2021/feb/17/tucker-carlson/tucker-carlson-falsely-blames-green-new-deal-wind-/

In fact, wind energy accounts for 10% of ERCOT’s winter power-generating capacity, said Daniel Cohan, an environmental engineering professor at Rice University. The rest depends primarily on thermal sources like natural gas, coal and nuclear.

221872537_ScreenShot2021-02-18at2_36_28PM.png.9b54fcbe3fc1b6897d4864ff718d6c10.png

https://www.statesman.com/story/news/2021/02/17/texas-energy-wind-power-outage-natural-gas-renewable-green-new-deal/6780546002/

🤷‍♂️

11 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

🤷‍♂️

Just admit that you didn't even read my post.

👇

43 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

• Thumbs Down 1

3 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Just admit that you didn't even read my post.

👇

According to the actual ERCOT spokesman in the article,  24.8% is the percentage of wind energy currently on the grid. It's currently winter, correct? 

Sounds like you and Mr. Cohan are both a little confused. 

Again. 🤷‍♂️

1 hour ago, zulu1128 said:

According to the actual ERCOT spokesman in the article,  24.8% is the percentage of wind energy currently on the grid. It's currently winter, correct? 

Sounds like you and Mr. Cohan are both a little confused. 

Again. 🤷‍♂️

Incredibly obtuse and dishonest as usual.

Currently on the grid does not have anything to do with the season.

• Thumbs Down 1

9 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

Incredibly obtuse and dishonest as usual.

Currently on the grid does not have anything to do with the season.

Glad you agree that you're being obtuse and dishonest as usual. 

According to ERCOT, 24.8% of the state's current energy during the winter months is provided by wind...not 10%. 

Carry on. 🤷‍♂️

16 minutes ago, zulu1128 said:

Glad you agree that you're being obtuse and dishonest as usual. 

According to ERCOT, 24.8% of the state's current energy during the winter months is provided by wind...not 10%.

Carry on. 🤷‍♂️

There's no evidence that the word current means seasonally-adjusted. In fact the available evidence suggests that it merely means that's what the current grid is physically composed of.

From your own source:

wind.PNG.78eb96187c33a227ec3bde83db2d2778.PNG

So that 23% number seems very likely to be the standard percentage of power from other renewables just as I said. No evidence that it's seasonally-adjusted for winter.

In fact, the actual main argument is about which source is most responsible for the outage. There, too, I seem to be more right than you.

These failing sources largely included nuclear plants, coal plants and thermal energy generators. Frozen wind turbines were a factor, too, but Woodfin said wind shutdowns accounted for less than 13% of the outages.

Shoulder shrug indeed.

🤷‍♂️

• Thumbs Down 1

zulu1128 just pulling stuff straight out of his ass crack as usual.

Texas largely relies on natural gas for power. It wasn’t ready for the extreme cold.

It’s estimated that about 80% of the grid’s capacity, or 67 gigawatts, could be generated by natural gas, coal and some nuclear power. Only 7% of ERCOT’s forecasted winter capacity, or 6 gigawatts, was expected to come from various wind power sources across the state.

Still zero evidence for his claim that current means seasonally-adjusted. Meanwhile, all the evidence is to the contrary.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, zulu1128 said:

He should definitely stick to processing unemployment claims…engineering doesn’t seem to be in his wheelhouse. 😂

Apparently he wasn't very good at that either.

I think he spent/spends most of his time at the gubmint unemployment office data-mining this board desperately searching for arguments to fill up his spare time, which appears to take up the bulk of his life.

1 minute ago, concha said:

http://www.ercot.com/gridinfo/generation

See "Fuel Mix Report 2021"

It's 25%.

Straight from ERCOT

Energy, GWh Jan
Biomass 15
Coal 6,803
Gas 934
Gas-CC 10,744
Hydro 36
Nuclear 3,801
Other -2
Solar 732
Wind 7,702
Total 30,766

I already posted this stuff.

You're lost.

19 minutes ago, Atticus Finch said:

There's no evidence that the word current means seasonally-adjusted. In fact the available evidence suggests that it merely means that's what the current grid is physically composed of.

From your own source:

wind.PNG.78eb96187c33a227ec3bde83db2d2778.PNG

So that 23% number seems very likely to be the standard percentage of power from other renewables just as I said. No evidence that it's seasonally-adjusted for winter.

In fact, the actual main argument is about which source is most responsible for the outage. There, too, I seem to be more right than you.

These failing sources largely included nuclear plants, coal plants and thermal energy generators. Frozen wind turbines were a factor, too, but Woodfin said wind shutdowns accounted for less than 13% of the outages.

Shoulder shrug indeed.

🤷‍♂️

The argument isn't about the standard grid. It's about the winter capacity which zulu1128 refuses to acknowledge is significantly less than 24%.

• Thumbs Down 1

1 minute ago, Atticus Finch said:

I already posted this stuff.

You're lost.

The argument isn't about the standard grid. It's about the winter capacity which zulu1128 refuses to acknowledge is significantly less than 24%.

No, dumbass.

It's higher.

In November and December it was nearly 28%.

It's lowest in the hottest months.

098B298F1B45665F25AD3927DA75F80E266EAB0A