Jimmy Mullen (SJR) #8 pins #1 ranked heavy weight wrestler in the country at Penn St. Tourney

SJR89

20 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@sausmann9 @Mickeybern  I’m not familiar with HS wrestling. 

can y’all explain why a team would forfeit a certain weight class all year long???

3B8C6F4E-1345-4F94-96FC-4AF4A8B2A067.jpeg

Not sure about this specific situation and maybe one of the guys closer to the program could shed light on it but the only two times I've ever seen this done was back in late 90's when two wrestlers were killed in a car accident and the school went through the rest of the season forfieting those two weight classes.  I think the school was St Croix.

Also Southern Columbia football did it when two of their starting defensive players were killed, they played every game's first series on defense two players short.  Not for the entire game though.

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@sausmann9 @Mickeybern  I’m not familiar with HS wrestling. 

can y’all explain why a team would forfeit a certain weight class all year long???

3B8C6F4E-1345-4F94-96FC-4AF4A8B2A067.jpeg

could be for several reasons especially this year with Covid. Weird though that that team can't field someone at those weights.. Injuries are probably the culprit but there is also the chance that some wrestlers that were expected to be there might have grey shirted and repeated 8th grade. I know BC had 2 highly touted frosh, one who was ranked nationally, decide not to enroll because of the shortened season.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mickeybern said:

could be for several reasons especially this year with Covid. Weird though that that team can't field someone at those weights.. Injuries are probably the culprit but there is also the chance that some wrestlers that were expected to be there might have grey shirted and repeated 8th grade. I know BC had 2 highly touted frosh, one who was ranked nationally, decide not to enroll because of the shortened season.

I will be asking to find out....seems weird not even putting out a body on the off chance of a win......but upper weights are legit....not sure how we beat BC starting in a 0-3 hole.....basically cannot lose a match after that etc......

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Do you know exactly what that is?

yeah they have it every year..it goes by age that is y they are cadets. it goes cadet,junior and then the regular or senior squad I guess what you would call it. With covid pushing the wrestling season into spring I guess they had to choose between the 2. They have to wrestle and make the National team and the they go overseas. But this is Freestyle wrestling not Folkstyle like they wrestle at the high school level. Good move by these 2 since the high school wrestling schedule is pretty much a joke this year. Good experience

• Like 1

11 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

@sausmann9 @Mickeybern @SJR89 

has any u guys heard of the cadet world trials,?? NJS TOP 2 wrestlers just pulled out of the State Tournament for it

not sure if any PA guys this season.  its a cool tourny.  

heres a clip of one of my PA favs.

I would absolutely love to see these two square off today.  Damn!

• Like 1

for Mullen ...if there was a year to do this its this year....just hope he does blow off the next 2 years for states.....this seems like club ball like tourneys interfering with the states...granted its representing the USA vs the world so thats kool...is the Cadet thing every year or every couple of years ?  

• Like 1

7 hours ago, SJR89 said:

for Mullen ...if there was a year to do this its this year....just hope he does blow off the next 2 years for states.....this seems like club ball like tourneys interfering with the states...granted its representing the USA vs the world so thats kool...is the Cadet thing every year or every couple of years ?  

I believe every year..this is one off on scheduling. You have to remember wrestling is done by the 1st week of March usually. This scheduling problem won't happen again.

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/24/2021 at 12:19 PM, imaGoodBoyNow said:

That’ sucks for Delbarton wrestler, dropped out of states to compete for cadets and came in 5th 

was the Delbie kid at 55 or 60 for cadets???

I am very familiar w/ Bo Bassett as I have younger family out near Johnstown and a few have kids wrestling at the junior high level.  Bo has a younger bro that is said to be even better than he.

At the Christmas tournie w/ PA vs NJ, Bassett put Danny Jones, 9th grader (nationally #5) through a clinic and tech'd him 18-3.  Bassett only 7th grade.

https://www.tribdem.com/content/tncms/live/#1

Kayden Williams will be another Cary Kolat type.  Just won his first PIAA title in March, and will probably get at least two more if stays healthy.  He also has a brother who is pretty badass at wrestling.

14 minutes ago, sausmann9 said:

was the Delbie kid at 55 or 60 for cadets???

I am very familiar w/ Bo Bassett as I have younger family out near Johnstown and a few have kids wrestling at the junior high level.  Bo has a younger bro that is said to be even better than he.

At the Christmas tournie w/ PA vs NJ, Bassett put Danny Jones, 9th grader (nationally #5) through a clinic and tech'd him 18-3.  Bassett only 7th grade.

https://www.tribdem.com/content/tncms/live/#1

Kayden Williams will be another Cary Kolat type.  Just won his first PIAA title in March, and will probably get at least two more if stays healthy.  He also has a brother who is pretty badass at wrestling.

92kg

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hardhit1 said:

@imaGoodBoyNow

not taking anything away from Jimmy here but...

In other news Paddy Gallagher is Flo wrestling #1 P4P HS wrestler of the year

Ohio State next year

i like following wrestling HS & College 😀

What’s up with this Greco and free style, I thought wrestling is wrestling,  what’s the difference