How are your Football powers faring in Basketball?

TheMaximumHornetSting

6 minutes ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Milton the favorite?

Yes

Berkmar is one of those teams that is always good but can never get over the hump.  They always end up losing to another Georgia Blue blood... normally they always get put in a rough bracket because they're in the same region with Norcross who is a menace in Basketball...  

But tbh... I dont think they get by Milton.... 

I'm surprised they beat Mceachern. It was a close game... they won 59-58... 

And Milton is LOADED... I mean jumping out the gym good... 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Yes

Berkmar is one of those teams that is always good but can never get over the hump.  They always end up losing to another Georgia Blue blood... normally they always get put in a rough bracket because they're in the same region with Norcross who is a menace in Basketball...  

But tbh... I dont think they get by Milton.... 

I'm surprised they beat Mceachern. It was a close game... they won 59-58... 

And Milton is LOADED... I mean jumping out the gym good... 

How is Milton loaded?

bgw

Milton should win state, nice inside out game and good play from the small forward spot and that kid is only a sophomore, the off guard is a sharpshooter not to afraid to shoot it no matter the situation, nerves of steel.

The OSU commit will kill you from 3 or take it to the hole and get three the hard way at the line with and ones.

Coach Whiteheart couldn't get it together at Buford for whatever reason...personally I think waaaay too much parent involvement in the program and unseen negative moving parts..... this Milton team is well put together and are very coachable.

However, Berkmar has a 6' 10" smooth stretch 5 in Malique Ewin who shoots threes, runs the floor and blocks shots, a jumping jack small forward who does good work around the basket offensively and rebounds well. Outside of those two it's spotty, and the guard play is prone to turnovers. The MacEachern win was a good win for the Berkmar program but that team is basically a "jack leg" version of the previous McEachern great teams with Cooper and company.  And Berkmar has to maintain their composure, Berkmar lost that December game with Milton losing their composure late in the 4th quarter.

Milton should take it with ease, BUT weird things have happened.

bgw

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

Milton should win state, nice inside out game and good play from the small forward spot and that kid is only a sophomore, the off guard is a sharpshooter not to afraid to shoot it no matter the situation, nerves of steel.

The OSU commit will kill you from 3 or take it to the hole and get three the hard way at the line with and ones.

Coach Whiteheart couldn't get it together at Buford for whatever reason...personally I think waaaay too much parent involvement in the program and unseen negative moving parts..... this Milton team is well put together and are very coachable.

However, Berkmar has a 6' 10" smooth stretch 5 in Malique Ewin who shoots threes, runs the floor and blocks shots, a jumping jack small forward who does good work around the basket offensively and rebounds well. Outside of those two it's spotty, and the guard play is prone to turnovers. The MacEachern win was a good win for the Berkmar program but that team is basically a "jack leg" version of the previous McEachern great teams with Cooper and company.  And Berkmar has to maintain their composure, Berkmar lost that December game with Milton losing their composure late in the 4th quarter.

bgw

Did the Buford girls just have a bad game vs Lovejoy ? 

17 minutes ago, BUFORDGAWOLVES said:

bgw

Basketball playoffs is a crap shoot mainly because of the 3 point shot. 

Hard to beat team 3 or 4 times in a season.  

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

Last year Wheeler beat Grayson 60-59 in 7A state finals for their 7th State title now their looking for a 8th. 

If they win this one this will be their 2nd in a row. 

Kell beat JD Davison's  team bad. He is the #1 PG in the country.  So Kell has already faced a player better than anybody Wheeler has.

1 hour ago, HooverOutlaw said:

Kell beat JD Davison's  team bad. He is the #1 PG in the country.  So Kell has already faced a player better than anybody Wheeler has.

Wheeler has already beaten Kell once I think they'll do it again... 

Besides it's Wheeler in a title game... 

If you watch you'll know why that means something.... 

They become a different animal entirely... 

1 hour ago, Champa said:

It's on: Beaumont United vs Dallas Kimball for it all.

Also.....

😆😂😆🤣 😂 @ Faith Family losing to Argyle.

Argyle vs Huffman for the title in 4A.

Duncanville vs Westlake for it all in 6A. Don't think anyone is stopping Dville right now.

I hope Duncanville takes it

2 hours ago, Champa said:

It's on: Beaumont United vs Dallas Kimball for it all.

Also.....

😆😂😆🤣 😂 @ Faith Family losing to Argyle.

Argyle vs Huffman for the title in 4A.

Duncanville vs Westlake for it all in 6A. Don't think anyone is stopping Dville right now.

I'm laughing at Family Faith too...

How da hell you let a team with one or two decent players hold a team averaging 80 to less than half your season average?  Argyle only hit ONE 3 the entire game while only scoring 42 and STILL won.

Oh well...add another accomplishment for Denton County.

As for Kimball.  I wanted Amarillo to pull that off.

So it's Kimball vs "Beaumont Ozen"

(See what I did there?)

Just like the 90s

6 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

I'm laughing at Family Faith too...

How da hell you let a team with one or two decent players hold a team averaging 80 to less than half your season average?  Argyle only hit ONE 3 the entire game while only scoring 42 and STILL won.

Oh well...add another accomplishment for Denton County.

As for Kimball.  I wanted Amarillo to pull that off.

So it's Kimball vs "Beaumont Ozen"

(See what I did there?)

Just like the 90s

What is this Faith Family you and @Champakeep mentioning I remember they got mentioned when I brought up Cedar Hill Basketball?