How are your Football powers faring in Basketball?

TheMaximumHornetSting

9 minutes ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

How is Allen and Rockwall? 

Average.  Allen finished 4th in thier district behind McKinney, Braswell, and Prosper.  1st round exit iirc.

Rockwall finished 2nd in thier district and promptly got X'd by Wylie.  Hoops never really was thier thing though.

4 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

Average.  Allen finished 4th in thier district behind McKinney, Braswell, and Prosper.  1st round exit iirc.

Rockwall finished 2nd in thier district and promptly got X'd by Wylie.  Hoops never really was thier thing though.

When they start streaming the Wheeler and Milton title games I'll let you know... 

GPB usually does broadcast the basketball finals too

@BUFORDGAWOLVES gave a better breakdown than I did but Milton probably beats Berkmar. 

Berkmar is and has always been the little train that could but didnt... theyre not bad by any means.. 

but they Can never go all the way... 

Either that or Norcross and Meadowcreek boot them to a rough bracket but that didn't happen this year. Norcross got upset... 

And Meadowcreek had a rough season.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Frosty4024 said:

But speaking of Basketball... 

Just watched Xavier get upset by Butler.... on an OT Buzzer Beater 3 pointer

Glad I didn't bet on that... 

March Madness has begun... 

1 hour ago, TheMaximumHornetSting said:

What is this Faith Family you and @Champakeep mentioning I remember they got mentioned when I brought up Cedar Hill Basketball?

They're a charter school who was a nobody till the school decided to spend big money on the entire Cedar Hill coaching staff and all the perks that come with it (Cedar Hill players). They were the best state title money could buy a year or two ago. Probably would have won another last year if it weren't for Covid 19.

Their roster is ridiculous for a tiny charter school.

Take a look on the right: https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-team/oak-cliff-faith-family-academy-2019-2020-boys-basketball

Of course they look like a 6A school for good reason. They just get to win titles at the 4A level, although not this year.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Champa said:

They're a charter school who was a nobody till the school decided to spend big money on the entire Cedar Hill coaching staff and all the perks that come with it (Cedar Hill players). They were the best state title money could buy a year or two ago. Probably would have won another last year if it weren't for Covid 19.

Their roster is ridiculous for a tiny charter school.

Take a look on the right: https://www.uiltexas.org/basketball/state-team/oak-cliff-faith-family-academy-2019-2020-boys-basketball

Of course they look like a 6A school for good reason. They just get to win titles at the 4A level, although not this year.

That's ridiculous...  how are they allowed in 4A... 

In Georgia 4A: 

Baldwin (Milledgeville,GA) 54 @ Fayette County (Fayetteville,GA) 53... 

Baldwin pulls the upset... 

Congratulations Baldwin on your 4A state Basketball Title!

Fayette was the heavy favorite for this... 

Baldwin didn't even play a full schedule due to Coronavirus. They only played 3 non-region games and all their conference opponents. They win the 4A state title with an undefeated record of 17-0. 

I feel bad for Fayette County they played their asses off all season and lost by 1 point... they took some thumpings too they scheduled tough they played Pebblebrook,Sandy Creek and alot of the other Georgia blue bloods... 

They sharpened themselves all season and it showed in the playoffs with their Dominating wins... 

But it has to suck to do all that get this far and lose by 1 point on a buzzer beater... 

Fayette County-4A runner up-Record 18-12

Let's see how bad I can do at this.

Duncanville vs Westlake - Going with Dville by 10 or more. The Panthers are obscenely good. They handled a very good Richardson team last game and I really can't see them slowing down.

Beaumont United vs Dallas Kimball - T-Wolves by 15 or more. BU is a top 10 team in the state regardless of class and will only get better next season. Only way Kimball has a chance is if United has an off night.

Fun fact: Last time Beaumont played a Dallas school for a title (Dallas Lincoln), it was Kendrick Perkins vs Chris Bosh. In case anyone is wondering, it didn't go well for Perkin's team. Lost by, I think, 20.

Argyle vs Huffman - Argyle by 10. Argyle is everything Huffman strives to be only bigger and better in every way.