Colquitt's Varsity Football Staff

Rufus69

1 hour ago, HawgGoneIt said:

He is definitely an involved coach. Great community guy with good fire in him. His involvement with the kids didn't stop at the sideline or practice facilities. 

I never liked a Cougar ever... Until now. 😁

Let's be honest....the only good thing to ever come out of Cordele is I-75 South.

But...the Cougars were formidable back under Coach Shelton.

Rufus>>

• Like 1

Just now, 67packer said:

Surely you don't have a problem with a coach trying to save a kid from losing a year of eligibility.

No but again that would've been because of the same coach. Nobody owns those kids or their families if they want to leave let them. That wouldn't be an option for a coach at Lowndes its childish and very low morally.

So you are ok with a coach telling a kid if you move we will report you?

This transferring situation can be fixed easily. If a kid transfers he is allowed to play the regular season only in his first year at his new destination. It should be that way across the bored. The kid will have film for colleges and nobody can accuse the team for recruiting teams for 1 year runs.

2 minutes ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

This happens at a lot of schools, coaching gets sour because kid wants to play on a better team and school and the staff reports the new school for poaching 

I think kids should get a “one time only” transfer option. After that, sit a year with no exceptions. JMO

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Ga96 said:

No but again that would've been because of the same coach. Nobody owns those kids or their families if they want to leave let them. That wouldn't be an option for a coach at Lowndes its childish and very low morally.

So you are ok with a coach telling a kid if you move we will report you?

This transferring situation can be fixed easily. If a kid transfers he is allowed to play the regular season only in his first year at his new destination. It should be that way across the bored. The kid will have film for colleges and nobody can accuse the team for recruiting teams for 1 year runs.

The undue influence rule is for the good of all. If it's allowed in one camp it will eventually be a thing at all camps. 

33 minutes ago, 67packer said:

The undue influence rule is for the good of all. If it's allowed in one camp it will eventually be a thing at all camps. 

"67"...

Lowndes don't got no coaches on the 229 Elite trying to influence kids to make a change.

You just ain't got no "credibility".

(Smile)

Rufus>>

• Haha 1

55 minutes ago, 67packer said:

You are my new favorite packer fan. 

That's why I think my proposal is the right way to go.  That way the kids don't miss out on opportunities in recruiting and nobody has to worry about 1 year all star teams.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What happens if the parents are in military and are always moving? What about parents struggling to pay rent so they keep moving to towns for cheaper rent,

Cheaper rent? Sounds like people that should be getting government assistance. 
Military is a different animal. Those are legit. 

You can always find “cheaper rent”.

Hey '67"...

Do you think anyone has actually read the GHSA Bylaws/Rules & Regulations White Book?

Especially Section 1.70 (which includes 1.71, 1.72 and 1.73)

Did you know that not paying attention to that particular Section could cost a player a year of eligibility?  Not to mention a fine and/or other appropriate punishment for the guilty school.

It does make one wonder....

Rufus>>

1 minute ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

Find cheaper rent, find a better job maybe parent got fired, u can’t punish. A kid for that 

😂 

I said what I said. These kids that have transferred multiple times have parents looking for cheaper rent of a better job? Cmon Kaye! Who’s being naive now? 

You think DelRio Wilson’s daddy was looking for cheap rent or got a better job? How about Stewart from Brookwood (via grayson via Marietta)? What about Morrisette from Brookwood (via st francis via Marietta)? Killebrew from brookwood (via Grayson)?

I could go on and on, but your theory is shit.

6 hours ago, imaGoodBoyNow said:

What happens if the parents are in military and are always moving? What about parents struggling to pay rent so they keep moving to towns for cheaper rent,

In Alabama the Ahsaa rules does not apply to military families. In a lawsuit filed in the 80's the AHSAA lost in court.  

1 hour ago, Rufus69 said:

Hey '67"...

Do you think anyone has actually read the GHSA Bylaws/Rules & Regulations White Book?

Especially Section 1.70 (which includes 1.71, 1.72 and 1.73)

Did you know that not paying attention to that particular Section could cost a player a year of eligibility?  Not to mention a fine and/or other appropriate punishment for the guilty school.

It does make one wonder....

Rufus>>

And that is how some get in trouble with the man. A little due diligence goes a long way.